corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » free track day you say?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author free track day you say?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jun 14 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link
Dom

18th Jun 14 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Throttle-Cottle/778817328825698

Apparently the 'false imprisonment' charge has been dropped because it came down to track security, so it's likely he'll get away with it.
What i don't understand is why he can't be charged with public nuisance like Trenton Oldfield and the Oxbridge race
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do think the security need to take a massive percentage of the blame
jr

18th Jun 14 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Why should there need to be any security on a club race day
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

Why should there need to be any security on a club race day

Incase anyone decides it would be funny to drive onto the track
jr

18th Jun 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No presidence for it, it's a club race day, the fees for racing or trackdays are already excessive, the only way for security to exist are to increase costs

The thing that makes Motorsport and particular tracks like brands so special is how accessible they are, incident like this will now ruin all that for everyone because of one jumped up cunt

Now everything will double in price, you won't be able to access any paddocks, all because some wanker thinks he is a LAD and his parents failed at explaining what right and wrong

There is no security on the m25 slip roads to stop me driving down the wrong side of it, doesn't mean because there is no security therefore I should do it, and when it goes wrong i can then blame the face that all slip roads don't have G4s people at the top of each one
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does baffle me how it's become the case that someone else is always at fault when a prick does something prickish. 'I drove onto a race track during a race because you only live once' must be MSV's fault for failing to employ a man to remind you not to be a dick.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 14 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Larger than the twat driving?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not, but if there is that much money at stake as what's being quoted some questions need to be asked
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 14 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Invoice the guy, refund all the participants.
Jambo

19th Jun 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
It does baffle me how it's become the case that someone else is always at fault when a prick does something prickish. 'I drove onto a race track during a race because you only live once' must be MSV's fault for failing to employ a man to remind you not to be a dick.

This is a larger problem than localised to this event. Seems to be the norm now, nobody takes responsibility for their actions. It will be brought up shortly that he is either suffering from mental health issues, his dad left him or his uncle raped him tbh.

tom130691
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally Posted by Happystamps View Post
"Yeah, I raped that girl... But she wasn't as strong as me, so she couldn't stop me. So it's her fault for not stopping me"..... Similar sort of argument?
AndyCorsaSport

19th Jun 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comparing rape to driving on a track Jesus Christ.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
There is no security on the m25 slip roads to stop me driving down the wrong side of it, doesn't mean because there is no security therefore I should do it, and when it goes wrong i can then blame the face that all slip roads don't have G4s people at the top of each one
Hitting the nail on the head right there.

Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is security on the m25,its called the police and if there were no police I think you'd find plenty of people doing that.
Corsa_Sport21

19th Jun 14 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by jr
Hitting the nail on the head right there.

Not really comparable though is it.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's also a massive difference between a public Road and a private event. It's not realistic to have security covering every section of public Road. It is realistic to expect some security at a localised private event that has a handful of entrances

Any other private event requires security, this is no different.

[Edited on 19-06-2014 by Steve]
mwg

19th Jun 14 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Comparing rape to driving on a track Jesus Christ.

Think some people are getting a little bit excitable about this
sc0ott

19th Jun 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All most as bad as comparing it to driving down the wrong side of a public road.
jr

19th Jun 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There's also a massive difference between a public Road and a private event. It's not realistic to have security covering every section of public Road. It is realistic to expect some security at a localised private event that has a handful of entrances

Any other private event requires security, this is no different.

[Edited on 19-06-2014 by Steve]

once again steven i will repeat

Why should a club motorsport event have to pay for security costs to stop what is blatently wrong

i know not to drive on a live racetrack as i know its wrong, same as i know not to drive down the wrong side of the m25, same as i know not to drive through a shoping centre full of people.

If we have to put people in place to stop people who cant tell the diffrence between what is and isnt acceptbale then no-one will be able to move for the amount of security present in daily life.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There is security on the m25,its called the police and if there were no police I think you'd find plenty of people doing that.
The police don't stop people from driving down the opposite lane though, do they? They just catch and punish the people who do so, because it's illegal.

I don't see how this is any different. What this guy has done is against the rules and he should be punished accordingly.

Surely something being against the rules should be sufficient to keep people from doing it. Every part of the modern world pretty much relies on everyone acting within a given set of rules. If the ability to apprehend people before they break the rules was actually a necessity, then our society would pretty much collapse.

It's also this sort of thinking that makes this asshole drive into the track in the first place. "If they didn't want me to do it, they should have stopped me."

[Edited on 19-06-2014 by Balling]

mwg

19th Jun 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't of thought it'd be even possible to just drive on to a race track mid race
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
No presidence for it, it's a club race day, the fees for racing or trackdays are already excessive, the only way for security to exist are to increase costs

The thing that makes Motorsport and particular tracks like brands so special is how accessible they are, incident like this will now ruin all that for everyone because of one jumped up cunt

Now everything will double in price, you won't be able to access any paddocks, all because some wanker thinks he is a LAD and his parents failed at explaining what right and wrong

I agree. The after effects are going to be rubbish now. Went down there to watch the civic cup the other month. Could go into the pits chat with rob have a look around. Not anymore I bet :-(

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Why should a club motorsport event have to pay for security costs to stop what is blatently wrong

Because unfortunately idiots do, and will always exist.

We shouldn't have to take our shoes off at the airport, but as the world isn't free of morons considerations should be taken
jr

19th Jun 14 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I wouldn't of thought it'd be even possible to just drive on to a race track mid race

It isnt really, just a unfortuatle set of circumstances/luck at the race at the point allowed it to be possible

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » free track day you say? 23 database queries in 0.0133309 seconds