corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Crash in France

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane Crash in France
Marc

User status: Offline
28th Mar 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
You can half empathise with the terrorist cause... Please tell me more on this point

Extremists believe that if they commit suicide (which they believe to be honourable) they will receive the good stuff (what ever that is) in the afterlife. So if someone is that brainwashed to believe this it would stand to reason why they would do such a thing.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Mar 15 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
German media is now reporting that he sent a message to his ex-girlfriend, saying he would do something that would make the airline industry change their ways and remember his name forever.

As I understood it, it was a passing comment years ago. Not a message around the time.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 15 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
You can half empathise with the terrorist cause... Please tell me more on this point

I can actually rationalise more a terrorist act which has a motive, than a murder suicide which at its most basic form is just mismanagement.

You have to wonder if whether the west was not involved, or had never become involved whether there would be any 'terrorist threat' to the west. Ultimately its a war. Misguided or otherwise. And every successful act of terrorism strengthens the cause. They'll recruit on the basis and the west will get the backing to stay involved.

This guy, what's his calling? Incapacity? He's done nothing for his cause. In fact he's damaged it.
Ben G

28th Mar 15 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad uses germanwings when he has to fly to Germany for business. Cool story bro.
Tiger

31st Mar 15 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno if my math is right but I calculated that at the moment of impact at 430mph, a human weighing 70kg would be subject to nearly 480 tonnes of force across their lapbelt for a split second. That's some scary shit.
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think its a cover up
Nic Barnes

31st Mar 15 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
have you read the daily mail story today or have you said that all along?
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

I've said it all along.. look a few pages back

The European economy is VERY delicate and it would have so much to lose if the A320 fleet was grounded.. We're talking billions of euros.
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked it up:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3019273/Friends-Germanwings-crash-pilot-say-framed-Lufthansa-cover-mechanical-failings-Google-Maps-blur-former-home-stop-people-looking-up.html
Dave

31st Mar 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The European economy is VERY delicate and it would have so much to lose if the A320 fleet was grounded.. We're talking billions of euros.

Wait, so you think a type that has been in service for 25+ years with an excellent record has suddenly developed a fault that will mean the entire fleet needs to be grounded?
AlexSXI

31st Mar 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Dunno if my math is right but I calculated that at the moment of impact at 430mph, a human weighing 70kg would be subject to nearly 480 tonnes of force across their lapbelt for a split second. That's some scary shit.

may explain why there are no bodies, just fragments
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait, so you think a type that has been in service for 25+ years with an excellent record has suddenly developed a fault that will mean the entire fleet needs to be grounded?

It happened to the 737.. it took 3 to fall out of the air before they realised the hydraulics on the rudder were faulty.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 15 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do think they were incredibly quick to know enough to send that conclusion out in to the media.
Dave

31st Mar 15 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 737 wasn't grounded.

Accidents often flag up potential weak points, that's the point of having such thorough investigations, but so does regular maintenance, there is no way Lufthansa would keep their fleet going if they knew there was an issue so big that every A320 needed to be grounded. If that was the case someone would have blown the whistle by now.
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 737 issues were a significant time ago, before incidents like this would cause an airframe type to be grounded... In this day and age if there were any concerns over the safety of a particular air-frame they will all be grounded..
Dave

31st Mar 15 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean like how DC-10s were grounded in the 70's?
DaveyLC

31st Mar 15 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bit different when the planes are visibly cracking over time and it's been discovered on the ground
Dave

31st Mar 15 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DC-10s?
Tiger

31st Mar 15 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video footage has been discovered amongst the wreckage on a mobile phone now of the descent up til point of impact
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 15 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was wondering how long that would take. That's not going to be easy to watch.
Aaron

31st Mar 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Video footage has been discovered amongst the wreckage on a mobile phone now of the descent up til point of impact

Links anyone?
Tiger

31st Mar 15 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link to story: http://bit.ly/1xTI7Hw
Brett
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These two bits confuse me? I thought so far all they had was the CVR and now this passenger video which is described as a chaotic scene with screaming, etc.

How would they know the below? Have I missed something?

quote:
The captain’s voice can be heard as he tries to open the door: “It’s me!” The captain is facing a camera connected to the cockpit: Lubitz sees him on screen but does not react.

quote:
Despite the deafening noises, Lubitz’s breathing can cleary be heard through an oxygen mask he put on.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 15 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CVR got the breathing.

Captains voice I would assume the same. Seeing him on the screen is poetic licence it would appear, there's no video of Lubitz as I'm aware.
Brett
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the oxygen mask bit really

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Crash in France 22 database queries in 0.0129540 seconds