corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
20th Jun 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comment was directed towards this...'And complain that it's hard work because of who they were dealing with etc.'

Now what you are saying above it about the situation, you agreed and then went back on it as didnt think he was worth it, you'd of had that problem be it Kia or another football club as its your fault you agreed a price.

My point was Kia caused no problems at all when we bought Masch.
Cosmo

20th Jun 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, fuck Tevez......

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/20/Prem-Alonso-on-future/gnid-57717/

Amid the constant uncertainty surrounding his future at Liverpool, Xabi Alonso has stated he does not want to leave the club.

Alonso has been linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer as his place in Rafa Benitez’s squad continues to lack an assuredness.

However, Spain international Alonso has said that while he admits he does not know how the off-season transfer market will pan out, he fully intends to remain at Anfield and revel in his status as a senior player.

“I am happy at Liverpool but in football you cannot close the doors on anything because you don't know what will happen. I do not plan to go,” Alonso told El Pais. “With Sami Hyypia already gone, I am one of the senior players alongside Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.

“There was strong interest in me from Madrid (in 2004) but Liverpool came and that is where I went. It was not a wrong decision, not for me anyway. I have played at Liverpool, a special club, and grown as a player and won titles.”

Rumours of an uneasy relationship between Alonso and Benitez – who was prepared to sell the midfielder last summer – are not true, says the 27-year-old.

“Each one has his own point of view. He is the manager and I try to do the best with what he tells me,” said Alonso. “We have a good professional relationship. We speak normally, saying what he wants from me and what I can give. He makes the decisions and we try to execute them.

“Last summer there was certain indecision and I did not know what was going to happen. I finished up playing well, though. I have had two quite complete seasons.”
Aaron

20th Jun 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh...he'll leave. Yes means no and no means yes in football
Cosmo

20th Jun 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Ronaldo and Tevez are staying at United
Aaron

20th Jun 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Ah....but did they or did they not both at some point this season say that they were both staying at Man Utd???

The answer to that is "Yes" by the way
MJFF88

20th Jun 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed Sears on a season long loan.
Signed Ambrose
Talk of signing Webber & Bradley Wright Phillips.

Teams looking good, shame about the question mark over the stadium.
Marc

20th Jun 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We agreed a fee and then tried to get him cheaper, shouldn't have agreed the fee in the first place if we had no intention of paying it.

Then theres Tevez/Kia-Ora demanding the high wage only to turn it down, as if to say you've messed us around so I'm going to see how far you are willing to go but still turn you down. Pretty shitty, from a fan point of view.

I think I'd actually prefer him to go to Chelsea or Liverpool purely because then I'd know his decision was career based and he wants to play at the highest level and win trophies. Joining City for me is just showing them up as been in it to get the highest amount of money they can possibly get. Thats not just because I'm not supposed to like City either, they're a shit version of Real Madrid.
J da Silva

20th Jun 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
10 days to decide

So as he has said in the past, he is happy where he lives, daughter is learning english, he's settled in the north west. The money on offer is over 100k a week, for 5 years, playing champions league football every year, for the best team in the league

TBH it's not really that hard a decision to make is it? Apparantely he loves the fans also

So basically the decision was do you want to wear a blue shirt, and play in the carling cup next season, and maybe not even finish in a european position. Or play in the best comp in the world (CL)

Anyway, saving 25million and 120k a week off the wage bill is fine by me

Can use that 25million and the wages to buy a more prolific player

He wouldn't be playing CL with either club, only as a substitute at best, he may aswell join City and actually play football, instead of just training.
J da Silva

20th Jun 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:

Ah....but did they or did they not both at some point this season say that they were both staying at Man Utd???

The answer to that is "Yes" by the way

Incorrect, Tevez actually said "It vewwy diffukul".
J da Silva

20th Jun 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
We agreed a fee and then tried to get him cheaper, shouldn't have agreed the fee in the first place if we had no intention of paying it.

Then theres Tevez/Kia-Ora demanding the high wage only to turn it down, as if to say you've messed us around so I'm going to see how far you are willing to go but still turn you down. Pretty shitty, from a fan point of view.

I think I'd actually prefer him to go to Chelsea or Liverpool purely because then I'd know his decision was career based and he wants to play at the highest level and win trophies. Joining City for me is just showing them up as been in it to get the highest amount of money they can possibly get. Thats not just because I'm not supposed to like City either, they're a shit version of Real Madrid.

Thats a very narrow view of football as a whole Marc, there is a lot of things to think about before you upsticks down south and move your family around etc...

Also why would he not be motivated by what sort of players he could be alongside in a season or two's time? City will not attract the big names yet but it will come, it's just a matter of time.

I'm a parent, and every important decision in my life is based on how it affects my kids, if I think for one minute I'd be worsening their quality of life, then it doesn't happen. Footballers have lives too.
Robbo

21st Jun 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kinda hppe Wenger is sitting there and ponders taking a gamble, lot of money but flog Adebayor and a couple of other fucktards (Eboue, Diaby maybe, Senderos etc) and could be good.
Cosmo

21st Jun 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently we've wrapped up a deal for highly rated Cadiz youngster Jesus 'Suso' Fernandez Saez, both Madrid and Barca were after him. 16yrs old and is being likened to Fabregas.

Signed him on a 5yr contract and fee is reported to be something like 60,000 euros (well, thats the compo we have to pay as he wasnt signed a pro deal for Cadiz).
Marc

21st Jun 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Released by 18.
Cosmo

21st Jun 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, we tend to sell them on at a profit if anything.

Insua has made the step up though, and will see a few more this season too
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 09 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbie Keane
Cosmo

21st Jun 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Robbie Keane

You arent following this convo very well....as far as I am aware, RK never came through our youth system.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 09 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I rarely follow the tripe you say Craig. I just picked something out of the usual Liverpool biased bullshit you muster and thought I'd contribute Still correct though, regardless of the conversation YOU were talking about, I picked a comment out YOU made, and made MY opinion
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jun 09 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still nothing from rangers

not even anything about their new kit
Cosmo

22nd Jun 09 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Tbh I rarely follow the tripe you say Craig. I just picked something out of the usual Liverpool biased bullshit you muster and thought I'd contribute Still correct though, regardless of the conversation YOU were talking about, I picked a comment out YOU made, and made MY opinion

But that makes little to no sense. You took a comment I made about Liverpool's youngsters and then formed your reply as if I had spoken about all Liverpool players.

Under the same reasoning, you could of taken my opinion that cats are OK to be killed and reply as if I had just said its fine for little kids to be killed - its the same (lack of) logic you are trying to cover your above stupidity with.

Anyway, is it your rag week or something?
Tom

22nd Jun 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy about alonso's comments allll good Just need to keep hold of mascherano now, wouldn't even be interested in bojan coming the other way tbh, we need to keep hold of him.
Cosmo

22nd Jun 09 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be interested if Barca's valuation of him was £15m anyway!!
Marc

22nd Jun 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You arent following this convo very well....as far as I am aware, RK never came through our youth system.

Not unless he likes kids.
Cosmo

22nd Jun 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RK is not Wenger.
Danny P

22nd Jun 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had it on good authority that we have signed 2 players. Not got names but in is "a black striker" and the other "will be all over the papers"

Nearly every striker in the lower leagues have been linked with us at some point, so it could be anyone. I think it might be Lita or DJ Campbell, and possibly Kevin Phillips.
Hammer

22nd Jun 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've had a bid of £2.5 million accepted for Fortune. Haven't seen enough of him to comment tbh.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0310340 seconds