corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the inside is priority atm, once I have everything here I can makea start on cuttin all the brackets off inside/smoothing them and then spraying everything, rear, boot floor, roof depending on how bad it is and quite possible the inside of front doors, then I'll fit everything in one go the sunroof will be coming out soon aswell in favour of a FG blank, obviously a bit thicker than the door cards though.
ChrisBoom

20th Nov 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cards look good, are the rear ones pretty flexable? They will need to be, as its not a flat surface to bond/screw them onto, its quite a curve really.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fibreglass is very flexable and they are about 2mm thick so they will be easily manipulated
ChrisBoom

20th Nov 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah lovely. I got some screws for mine, gona be fun drilling the perspex, probably shatter them
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it will no doubt shatter them if I were you I would either bond them on or use velcro, I'm bonding mine on I think as there's nothing behind there you need access to apart from the wiring but you could unplug that at the rear lights and pull it through.

[Edited on 20-11-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No real progress apart from the radio blank is in, the glove box blank is in and secured by velcro so I can take it off if and when I need to. The badges never turned up from 106parts so I'm waiting to get money back so I can order again. Dad is visiting tomorow and bringing the manual window set up and manual mirrors, interior mirror base plates, door handle surrounds and door pockets will then be sent off for flocking. So much to do but I haven't been arsed to do anything lately I'll have to get cracking.
ChrisBoom

24th Nov 09 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same, lots to do but no motovation

Once I receive the injector loom and buckets, take it a drive, ill be motivated again
SR91

24th Nov 09 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I think my minds made up on my next car!
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You been looking around SR? it will be miles more fun than your corsa.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazingly bad picture but it was going dark I'll get a better one tommorow in the light. You can't see the glove box blank properly but you can see the reflection of the floor mat in it

[Edited on 24-11-2009 by DannyB]
SR91

24th Nov 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You been looking around SR? it will be miles more fun than your corsa.

Yup Lee (Flybikes..) has found me one
ChrisBoom

24th Nov 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is the glove box blank fixed? Might make one up from perspex.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Velcro at the minute, but that may be changed as it juts out a bit too much for my liking, I may just bond it on.
ChrisBoom

24th Nov 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, forgot you said velcro already. Get some better pics, those ones are terrible
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it was going dark, I'll take some tommorow at work I bonded the radio blank with araldite, fucking love that stuff
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little update, a few new parts.

I've filled all the little holes in the door pockets, I just need to sand them tommorow. They will be ready for flocking then.

Manual window setup, although I need to buy winders as they had allready gone.

Manual mirrors minus the interior base plates not fussed though as I'll use the blank ones of the electric set up and adjust them with my fingers if need be, will look far better blank and flocked anyway. I'll give them a good clean and spray the cases to match the car before hand.

Another shit pic, I blame my phone camera...

Badges have been ordered again, hopefully they will turn up this time. Door pockets, mirror base plates and door handle surrounds will be sent for flocking on Monday.

[Edited on 25-11-2009 by DannyB]
SR91

25th Nov 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to key the code in everytime you get in?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I want to start they car yes, although that will be going when the carpet comes up.
SR91

25th Nov 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the code?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see you're going looking at the miami blue one, is it a 1.6 or 1.4?
SR91

25th Nov 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 matey I'll get you the email the lad sent me
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool, looks decent to be fair.
SR91

25th Nov 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd it you so i dont flood your thread
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replied, have you anymore pictures of it?
SR91

25th Nov 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just those Lee put up..

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.0143459 seconds