corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
redtom

User status: Offline
26th Sep 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just so you know mate the rear bag mounts are simply grind the standard spring mount off the axle and drill a hole to put the bolt through, then on chassis side grind the spring mount off again and weld a bolt on to screw the bag on from the top

If you get stuck/need a hand just give me a shout.
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told by some dubbers and other people who're running bags that i should get some bag mounts made up, makes things easier in the long run apparently

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
redtom

26th Sep 11 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it may well be easier mate although you will get it lower doing it the way it was as you will loose some travel with mounts either end
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was bored today and with it being such lovely weather i wanted to get out in it. This might be a bit marmite but i love it, been wanting to do it for ages, tempted to do a few more bits like it too. Went a bit mad with the spare cream paint i have, ended up with this

Drying

Fitted

fitted picture doesn't really show it off well, i think it's way better than the standard grey that it was, didn't really flow with the rest of the dash.

DanCobb

29th Sep 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me likey
Paul_JC

29th Sep 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks cool paul how did the viewing of the other more door go?
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know i love it bro looks awsome against your dash!

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers peeps Tempted to do the back of my rear view mirror and the centre heater controls too now. Spose will see.

The other more door turned out to be a bit of a shitter unfortunately. The underside was mint but the paintwork was horrid, rust bubbles everywhere and the boot was dented/rusted to fuck. Shame really.

Paul_JC

29th Sep 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah not good mate, have you figured out why yours had leaked? also did you hear back from Ray about the bag mounts? if not i know someone with a bagged clio that could help out with some info
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, gutted tbh. I think it's the rear light where it's sitting out a lil bit from the panel, like it's only just not sealing properly. Haven't heard back from him yet, gonna try and ring him sometime see if i can take a drive over and drop stuff off/pick stuff up. Would be good to get some info anyway bud if you can

Paul_JC

29th Sep 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill give the guy a shout on ukstance and see what he says, i used to talk to Ray over email everyday throughout fitting jodies hydros so its abit odd you havent heard back.
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he's having trouble with his computer, he did say it's been playing up in the initial e-mail a few weeks ago, so do need to ring him sometime really. That'd be spot on if you could get some info, cheers dude

N7 THD

29th Sep 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty pimpin' that!
Ad Blue B

29th Sep 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Paul, glad you got it fixed after how it looked at pvs
M Beirne

29th Sep 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That clock suround looks sweet, i would do the centre section to match.
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fellas not sure on whether doing the centre section would be a bit much tbh, we'll see i spose

Paul_JC

29th Sep 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul the guy i know has asked if your rear bags have 1 threaded hole and 2 threaded studs on them? if poss get my number off danny and text me tomorrow.

Paul W
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, 1 threaded hole and two threaded studs where the air line goes in I'll grab it off him now and drop you a text dude

Jed D

30th Sep 11 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funky clocks, i like
vx-scottw
Premium Member

30th Sep 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it!! always wanted to try that looks fun aswel
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

30th Sep 11 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good buddy

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
M Beirne

30th Sep 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
Paul the guy i know has asked if your rear bags have 1 threaded hole and 2 threaded studs on them? if poss get my number off danny and text me tomorrow.

Get one from the scrap yard and paint it up ??
D0NN3R

1st Oct 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the speedo never seen that done before
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers everyone i've done the mfd face and the heater vents in the paint splash effect and i love it, think it really sets it off.

So i've been cracking on with sorting the false floor out this weekend, and what an absolute nightmare, all the cutting, trimming, trial fitting, trimming again got there in the end though. Here's some pics.

Started by making a frame to hold the false floor raised above the boot floor slightly so i'll have enough room for wires and air lines and such. I want to try and keep the use of my spare, due to all the miles i do driving down to kent and back, hence the hexagonal frame area in the centre.

Got the MDF floor trimmed and in nicely. Still need to cut the door area for spare wheel access.

Trialling some placements for tank and compressor. Really stuck as to where to place everything, want to keep it all neat and hide as much as possible yet make a feature of the tank, which will be sprayed up and made a lot nicer than it currently is. Can't really decide placements until i've got the door cut out for the spare. Unsure of how i'll be cutting it without using a drilled pilot hole in the corners for the jig saw blade. But that's about all for now

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

2nd Oct 11 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really good progress today bro, absolutely love your car and what your doing to it. Dash is the fucking nuts too! haha get some photos with your vents etc!

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0214710 seconds