corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost)

New Poll
  <<  29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Election Night - Real time chat (almost)
Daimo B

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm immune to the constant hassle, I live in an annexe with en-suite. My circumstances couldn't be easier TBH

That lad you mention about going travelling with 50k in his pocket, he better not spend all that money else he won't ever get back on the ladder.

He doesn't want to.

He wants to go travelling around the world. Thats what he's saving for, and trying to sell his house, and his old classic Beatle for. Don't think he's worried about getting another house, as he earns a good wage and could easily save up again quite quickly (no overheads £50K+ wage).

Your house situation is different to most peoples who live in a bedroom. If I were in your situation with my own flat basically, i'd not leave, i'd be saving my ass off for a huge deposit on a really nice first house. Plus you have a parnter, so no worries about "entertaining"

I can't wait for the day Gaz pulls on a night out, "wanna come back to my parents house"

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by VXR]
Tommy L

12th May 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Emergency budget within 50 days.
Conway563

12th May 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Renting is just a crazy idea if you want to get on the property market at somepoint imo.

Some of us don't really have a choice
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok Conway, I understand the situation and I'm proud of you for taking that route rather than what lesser humans in this country would do.
3CorsaMeal

12th May 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm going to get a caravan and live in that, join the gypsys and live for free
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd live in a caravan, infact I'd live in the woods in a wooden hut with breeze blocks lining the walls.
Fro

12th May 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Renting is just a crazy idea if you want to get on the property market at somepoint imo.

Some of us don't really have a choice

Your circumstances are different though mate, and as Ollie said, at least you're working hard etc.
ed

12th May 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there will be more renting and less buying in the future. Works well on the continent...
mwg

12th May 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get too angry about all this.

Renting is expensive around here too. I've looked in to that despite not liking the idea of paying someone elses mortgage. And the fact that they can ask you to move out and its not your place to do what you want with.

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by mwg]
ed

12th May 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by ed
£140k for a house and a garden? What do you want, a free house?

The problem is I earn above the average wage around here and I cant even get a mortgage for that. Never mind people earning less than me. So how the hell does that work?

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by mwg]
Get a studio then.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so Ed, when the stigma in this country attached to renting is finally dropped it's a far more sensible way of living. People here are far to obsessed with buying.

People on the continent don't buy until they have at least half of the purchase price of their house to put down usually through inheritence.
mwg

a glorified bedsit
3CorsaMeal

matey up the road lives in two caravans welded together, he is some kind of pikey kingpin
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF Jim

You live in da ghetto doe
ed

12th May 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
a glorified bedsit
Just take a grown up attitude to it and stop sulking. People will actually give a shit if you stop whinging about the fact you can't afford a 2 bed house with a garden. There are people out there who can't afford to buy dinner and you're moaning about not being about to buy a massive house on your own.
ed

12th May 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I hope so Ed, when the stigma in this country attached to renting is finally dropped it's a far more sensible way of living. People here are far to obsessed with buying.

People on the continent don't buy until they have at least half of the purchase price of their house to put down usually through inheritence.
It seems that in middle England people listen to mum and dad too much. In the city everyone rents, or Birmingham at least. It's a good way of doing things and leaves you with enough money left over to get saving for when you're meant to buy a house - i.e. when you've met someone you want to settle down with.
mwg

12th May 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massive house? Where have I asked for a massive house?

I stated that a 2 bed house with a garden at 140k around here is not an affordable house even though its somehow been classed as that. That was an example of the kind of crap thats going on. I didn't say it was a requirement for me to have a garden.
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rent tomorrow, I would prefer it. You can usually get better houses in better positions with drives & garages.

I'd love to fucking well have a kiss with someone right now.
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

So, £800pm rent on my house, earning me nothing.
or
£1000pm on a mortgage, which admittidly £700 is probably on interest, but every month i own that little bit more.

but then on top of that £800pm rent, your having to save money, to put towards a deposit on a house, so in effect say spending £1000pm say. Still owning nothing.

Both are financially wastefull. Mortgage gets you stung by huge interest, but renting means dead money too. If you can afford to rent, save, and live, and can realistically get a huge amount of money towards a house, good times. If your saving a semi decent amount, well then your payign rent, then still paying a lot of interest on a house.

In the long run, buying over renting saves, and should the sh1t hit the fan, I can sell my house and walk away with a profit. A renter gains nothing and simply has to relocate.

Also with a lot of rentals, your limited what you can do in the property. Some places won't even let you paint the walls or put up a picture hook. You build a mortgaged house into a family home.

Potarto potato, tomarrrto tomato, everyones requirements need different solutions. Some will want renting, others buying. I want to do neither tbh and get it all for free
Daimo B

12th May 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
matey up the road lives in two caravans welded together, he is some kind of pikey kingpin

Me and my best mate looked at them holiday caravans when we were 19.

Idea was great, location wasn't at the time. But a good site, hell i'd do it.

was something silly like £300pm, got your own fields to play on n everything

Not what you wanted though

"alright luv, wanna come back to my caravan"
Ojc

12th May 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are speaking from an English point of view, lets put it into context that you and Donna both lost your job and had no savings? You would loose that house very quickly and I don't know about you but a lot of people in this country are currently in negative equity.

In Europe people don't take those risks.
ed

12th May 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

So, £800pm rent on my house, earning me nothing.
or
£1000pm on a mortgage, which admittidly £700 is probably on interest, but every month i own that little bit more.

but then on top of that £800pm rent, your having to save money, to put towards a deposit on a house, so in effect say spending £1000pm say. Still owning nothing.

Both are financially wastefull. Mortgage gets you stung by huge interest, but renting means dead money too. If you can afford to rent, save, and live, and can realistically get a huge amount of money towards a house, good times. If your saving a semi decent amount, well then your payign rent, then still paying a lot of interest on a house.

In the long run, buying over renting saves, and should the sh1t hit the fan, I can sell my house and walk away with a profit. A renter gains nothing and simply has to relocate.

Also with a lot of rentals, your limited what you can do in the property. Some places won't even let you paint the walls or put up a picture hook. You build a mortgaged house into a family home.

Potarto potato, tomarrrto tomato, everyones requirements need different solutions. Some will want renting, others buying. I want to do neither tbh and get it all for free
My current place is £800 a month, when I moved in an interest only mortgage was in the region of £1k a month so you're only renting off of the bank anyway. Every agreement I have ever seen allows you to paint the walls and hang pictures, the place just needs to be returned in the same state you arrived there in. I take it you've never rented and are just making the usual sweeping statements that people make.
ed

12th May 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heck, if I wanted wallpaper the landlord might even pay for it. When my dishwasher broke it was repaired for free. When my washing machine broke it was repaired for free. When my radiator and cooker hood broke. Well you get the picture.
Daimo B

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You are speaking from an English point of view, lets put it into context that you and Donna both lost your job and had no savings? You would loose that house very quickly and I don't know about you but a lot of people in this country are currently in negative equity.

In Europe people don't take those risks.

Yeah, if we lost the jobs, we could sell the house now, and either use that as a deposit on a smaller property, or if need be, use the money to fund renting for a while till we had jobs again.

If we lost our jobs, and didn't have a bought property, what would we live on?????? How would we live, and where would we live, with no money, and nothing to fall back on?

[Edited on 12-05-2010 by VXR]
Conway563

quote:

*The Lib Dems have agreed to Tory proposals for a cap on non-EU migration
*The Lib Dems will drop opposition to a replacement for Britain's Trident nuclear missiles but the programme will be scrutinised for value for money

<<  29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Election Night - Real time chat (almost) 22 database queries in 0.2304289 seconds