corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
30th Mar 14 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis doing a vettel

Fucking love ricciardo.
whitter45

30th Mar 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa looks good
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottas

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Stu_22

30th Mar 14 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else thinking its a bit dull not much overtaking. I guess it's still a bit early in the year
Cavey

30th Mar 14 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fell back to sleep as nothing was happening, so yeah
Aaron

30th Mar 14 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice dark clouds appearing on the horizon
Aaron

30th Mar 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RedBull Fail.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got like the end of Oz race, set off pretty good and then no one gaining on anyone DRS doesn't create overtaking.

Pretty dull.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17 more of those pls.

Seems like Hammy managed tyres, fuel and pace better than Rosberg. Stoopid German better learn a new language

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cue the casual racism
JonnyJ

30th Mar 14 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold the phone, i thought Lewis couldnt think through a race, look after tyres, save fuel etc? LOL

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Sends a message to Rosberg too, to win so comfortably. BUZZING
JonnyJ

30th Mar 14 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Its got like the end of Oz race, set off pretty good and then no one gaining on anyone DRS doesn't create overtaking.

Pretty dull.

Dunno, i thought it was excellent

Suppose when your favourite drivers/teams are just battling for the minor places (again) it could be a little boring though.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha Jonny thats no different to last year but least was more overtakes.

Alonso on Hulkenberg the full straight with DRS and made little to no advantage had to do it on turn 3 after bit of battling round 1 and 2.

Last year would have got passed then next DRS point the Hulkenberg would have been back at Alonso and so on.

Its great for the cars and changes to driving styles but 15-20 laps in it turns into a procession again.

Vettel was always ahead but racing took place behind him.

JonnyJ

30th Mar 14 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Alonso on Hulkenberg the full straight with DRS and made little to no advantage had to do it on turn 3 after bit of battling round 1 and 2.

Last year would have got passed then next DRS point the Hulkenberg would have been back at Alonso and so on.

With that one I'm pretty sure Alonso held back on the first DRS as he knew he'd give it back to Hulkenberg, then got him on the 2nd, though the performance difference between the Merc and Ferrari probably made it harder than it normally was in the past. I didnt like DRS when it was simply, get in the zone, breeze past, it should be harder than just driving round someone. Far too artificial.
Ben G

30th Mar 14 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the fuel use stat. Surprised at how well lewis managed the fuel and tyres considering he's supposed to be a crazy chav tearing up the place without thinking about the latter stages.
JonnyJ

30th Mar 14 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Love the fuel use stat. Surprised at how well lewis managed the fuel and tyres considering he's supposed to be a crazy chav tearing up the place without thinking about the latter stages.

Indeed Usual media shite.

Be interesting to see if Rosberg had some kind of issue, certainly he didnt pull away from the RB like he did in Aus and i was surprised by the gap to Lewis, expected it to be closer than that.
JonnyJ

30th Mar 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 place grid pen for Ricciardo's unsafe release. Looks like Webber's bad luck has smoothly transitioned itself onto Ricciardo
Ben G

30th Mar 14 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought he got a 10 second stop/go for that? Can't be penalised twice, surely?

Team should get a massive fine and/or championship points take away, not penalise the driver for something that he had no control over.
Jamie-C

30th Mar 14 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the racing is very dull too, the fact the cars sound like hoovers doesnt help matters either, sometimes you cant even here the engines lol. Dissapointed so far, i'm a hamilton fanboy and didnt even get excited about the win, meh.

Also kimi looks a bit like massa in that ferrari lol
Ben G

30th Mar 14 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact the engines sound like hoovers is due to the fia and their stupid retarded fuel flow bollocks to minimise development costs and Competition.

They said on Saturday that the engines are only revving to 10 or 11k. Pretty shit considering they're made to go upto 15k or so iirc.

Let the teams have free reign I say. Fuck the minnows, they're shit anyway.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DR penalty is well harsh!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

31st Mar 14 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The fact the engines sound like hoovers is due to the fia and their stupid retarded fuel flow bollocks to minimise development costs and Competition.

They said on Saturday that the engines are only revving to 10 or 11k. Pretty shit considering they're made to go upto 15k or so iirc.

Let the teams have free reign I say. Fuck the minnows, they're shit anyway.

It's a safety thing too. You can't have cars going round the track at vastly different speeds. If one guy is fuel saving and the other in full attack mode the difference could be huge, with clever maps you could have cars, at times, with something like 300bhp more than the car in front. It would also look ridiculous and be hard to follow. You'd have cars literally drive round others then a few laps later the car that just did that would get passed the same way by the same car they just overtook.
Scotty_B

31st Mar 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally realised it was the noise of the V8s that kept me awake the last few years.
p

31st Mar 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me what Seb apparently said about the engines?
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 14 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In Malaysia at the weekend, Vettel used a four-letter word to describe the sound of the new V6 turbos, complaining they were too quiet.

At a guess.."shit"

<<  30    31    32    33    34    35    36  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0209019 seconds