corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*

New Poll
  <<  31    32    33    34    35    36    37  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 13 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the date of the paint to another date next week as I'm waiting on some other cheeky bits to arrive that I can get done at the same time.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spark plug cover here, new bolts ordered
just need to get the rocker box off and get all the little bits and peices in for paint :
Sean

22nd Jan 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour is it all going or is it a secret?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a secret for now. Think you will approve mate
It's going to be sweeet
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update.. went to demon tweaks and gotmyself a stud conversion kid.. fitted that the other night
couple of pics

fitted

cut down

wheels back on...

yer the drum is getting done tomorrow when i get home from work..
oh and all of my bits and bobs are in for paint.. will be done by the end of the week and im massivley excited!
bigron1988

29th Jan 13 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it you got there and didnt know what lenght you needed so bought the longest like me lol, did you put the studs in with lock tight and not fit the wheels for a bit , or when you go to undo them they will unscrew the stud insted of the nut
flybikeslee

29th Jan 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you cut those studs with a butter knife with your eyes closed or is that someone elses fault aswell
3i_gaz

29th Jan 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
did you cut those studs with a butter knife with your eyes closed or is that someone elses fault aswell

LOL'ing
Jon_C
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would of put the cut down end into the hub. Made it look neater.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee

Nope with a jr hacksaw with a blunt blade as it was 7 at night in my garage at home and I had nothing else to cut them with. They've been cleaned up since then. And was mostly to get the size. Couldn't give a fuck what the end of them look like to be fair lee

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
take it you got there and didnt know what lenght you needed so bought the longest like me lol, did you put the studs in with lock tight and not fit the wheels for a bit , or when you go to undo them they will unscrew the stud insted of the nut

I did yer. I got there and asked for them and he said.. What size. Mind went blank so just got the biggest they did at 80mm. Cut 20mm of them though so should might just get a set of 60's in the future to neaten them up
Also yer I've fitted them with lock tight and left them over night. The picture with the wheel, the nuts are just finger tight to show what it will look like with the wheel on

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Would of put the cut down end into the hub. Made it look neater.

Can't do this as one side is only a very small thread then a gap so you can fit them into the drum/hub if that makes sence. If you saw them you would understand

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by FlaFFy_91]
flybikeslee

29th Jan 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Couldn't give a fuck what the end of them look like to be fair lee"

"might just get a set of 60's in the future to neaten them up"

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok sorry lee. I couldn't give a fuck what the end of them look like at the moment but in the future I may get myself a set of 60's if I have a spare bit of cash but its one of the last things on my list at this moment in time
That ok?
3i_gaz

29th Jan 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cut through a high tensile stuf with a blunt junior hacksaw? Why?

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by 3i_gaz]
3i_gaz

29th Jan 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stud**
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
You cut through a high tensile stuf with a blunt junior hacksaw? Why?

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by 3i_gaz]

because i needed to get the mesurement right... and i dont own a grinder... went through easily enough

anyways i took the rest into work with me and got the grinder on them all and then sat them on the bench grinder to get the thread sorted
those looked like this in the end

got the rocker box off for paint had a look at the cams as greg mentioned they may still have the kent cams he had in there when he owned it... doesnt look like it as its got a GM number on it haha

anyone shed some light as to if these are solid lifters or is there no way in knowing without takeing one out?

anyways, will update with some painted pictures end of the week once its all finished
cant wait!
bigron1988

30th Jan 13 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

highly doubt it will be on solids on standard gm cams
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just when greg had it in his birds car he had a set of kents in there, cant remember if it had lifters or anything done aswell haha

thanks anyways ben
bigron1988

30th Jan 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it did have lifters they would of been pulled out with the cams as the standard cams arnt ment to be used with solid lifters
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, cheers ben
flybikeslee

30th Jan 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why have you cleaned the studs up if you're not arsed?
3i_gaz

30th Jan 13 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just cut them in work? Fully equipped workshop and opt for the hacksaw...

And why not cut them with the nut wound on?
flybikeslee

30th Jan 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shush Gaz he's a competant mechanic unlike you
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never said gaz is incompetent mate
And as I said it was late and I needed to get the sizeing. Can quite easily buy 4 more its not the end of the world. Or just take them 4 out and stick hem on the bench grinder like I have with the others
flybikeslee

30th Jan 13 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why if you don;t care?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New bolts for the rocker and spark plug cover have turned up today. Nice and shiney, going to go at my oil cap with abit of wire wool and auto finesse mercury to get it gleaming again as its looking abit dull
Rocker, wheel, spark cover all in primer at the moment. Getting them on mates rates so there takeing second priority to Ricky's other work. Should be done early next week, she's out and about on the 9th aswell

<<  31    32    33    34    35    36    37  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped* 23 database queries in 0.0222070 seconds