corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jan 12 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see these plans come to life Paul, the front bumper looks fantastic!

Still jelous of your seats too comfy as hell!
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Jan 12 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha cheers Shaun, i can't wait either! I'm pretty happy with the bumper so far, just been finishing off fillering and smoothing the join where the grill is and it'll be ready for paint.

Been hella nice when it's been cold out, hit the switch and you've got roasting cheeks it's the way forward man haha

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Dr.Corsa

28th Jan 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

No my Corsa is not original too. I have many Irmscher, Steinmetz and another Opel Parts inside. What I need is the same Steinmetz front splitter for mey Facelift car. Hard to find... More information about my car are in "New here from Germany" tread.

Greeting,
Micha
Brederin

26th Feb 12 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked sick when I seen it today!
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Gaz looking a bit sorry for itself at the minute i must say, but if i can get everything done it's gonna be mint.

Yours looked clean too, not really a fan of ronal turbo's but they suit yours down to the ground

Gary
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carefull with that hose from the compressor, they have a tendancy to blow off cos they get hot, your far better with a braided line

Speaking from experience btw
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, cheers for the heads up Gary

That's how the setup came when i bought it, just air line from compressor to tank. I did have a look for some braided leaders a while back but couldn't find any, and didn't fancy splashing out £300 odd on a new compressor with braided line lol

DanCobb

28th Feb 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumper will look mental wheres the numberplate going?
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan in the windscreen haha or i'm thinking of making up some brackets to have an import or square plate in the lower grill just to keep it legal for on the road and be able to take it off for shows and stuff

Gary
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Ah, cheers for the heads up Gary

That's how the setup came when i bought it, just air line from compressor to tank. I did have a look for some braided leaders a while back but couldn't find any, and didn't fancy splashing out £300 odd on a new compressor with braided line lol

May have one kicking about, ill have a gander. If not i can point you in the right direction for a new one that wont be too expensive.

Should really be running braided from chassis to bag too when you sort that.

What you planning on running? Dont belive there is an off the shelf kit for the corsa as i wa gonna build one a while back.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No braided hose, but i have loads of valves and fittings just sat doing nothing if you need anything
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna be running rayvern avo front struts and firestone bags on the rear, running 1/4" lines and manual paddle valves. Gonna be a fairly slow system but that's kinda what i want, just something to raise up for speedbumps/shit roads and to park up and put it on the floor for shows and stuff.

As for braided from chassis to bag, i'm gonna put some extra hosing over the air lines and possibly some braided steel hose covering on too. That should be alright for extra protection shouldn't it?

Gary
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be ok aye.

Have you got the struts yet? As there are better ways of doing the front rather than running rayvern stuff, just depends how good with tools you are
Paul W
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i have. I've got pretty much everything to get it fitted, just waiting on getting the plates for the rear bags welded and should be fitting it all this weekend.

Better ways? If it involves precise cutting/welding then there's no chance of me being able to do it as i don't have the tools or space in my garage

Gary
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough

You gonna run a FB or FBSS setup?

I'd strongly advise the latter. Treid a FB setup on my lupo and it was shocking.
Paul W
Premium Member

4th Mar 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just a FB setup at the minute, like i say, just to raise up and slam it and get used to it for now. I'm pretty sure i'll go FBSS when i upgrade to electric valves in the future.

Gary
Premium Member

4th Mar 12 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id highly reccomend you do it straight away. If not when cornering the air will be forced out of the outside bags to the inside which obviously ain't good.
Paul W
Premium Member

4th Mar 12 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, wouldn't be too bad on a car with ARB's would it? I was told by Ray that it would be no worse than standard shocks and springs? Trouble is I'd have to pretty much rebuild my current setup to change to electric FBSS. Either that or source two more manual paddle valves and get creative with the running/fitting of air lines, which i could do tbh, got plenty of air line. Just a case of sourcing the paddle valves

Gary
Premium Member

4th Mar 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rayvern are shit. And hes talking shite.

Get your rear bags and connect a line between them, put pressure on one and see what happens to the other, not something you want while cornering
Paul W
Premium Member

4th Mar 12 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting to see that now

Found a place i can get some more paddle valves for a decent price (£20 each) so ima get them ordered, shouldn't be too hard to make up a manifold style feed for them. In the meantime i think i'll install my fronts with the two valves i have so at least i'll have independent front struts on the go

Paul W
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little teaser. Front air installed. Could still go a few inches lower as far as wheel clearance is concerned, the limiting factor seems to be the bag itself. Gonna see if i can get the shock shortened/the bag perch lowered to get them few extra inches although need to find a place to do it first

FAZ
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not gonna lie, was expecting mega lows mate
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So was i =/.

The rears when i get them on will be eating the wheel that's for sure. It seems that the front struts have the bag perch too high. Should be a simple case of cutting and welding the bag perch lower, or possibly shortening the actual shock if it comes to it. It'll be done though, i want it so the arches are well over the tyre.

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it Paul, great little toy aha just need to work your
Magic and get it set how you visioned

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
D0NN3R

7th Mar 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty cool

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0177710 seconds