corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash
mwg

User status: Offline
10th Mar 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you write messia like that on purpose
Fro

10th Mar 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked it when wenger had gibbs and clichy on at the same time.
Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it worked. They were overlapping etc like mad.

Should have done it verses Barca tbh.

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by Ben J]
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Did you write messia like that on purpose
no fucking greater powers at work
Fro

10th Mar 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Agreed, especially with how far forward alves can be at times.
Nath

10th Mar 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Not all of us are willing to spend £35 on a crock.

or £22 on someone who has been praised as the worlds best striker on previous form.
or £23 on someone who has looked sublime so far this season

LOL
Robbo

10th Mar 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right to clear up the shite beign spouted in here

Clichy is a fuckign brilliant LB, Gibbs is good and one for the future but DEF should not have started against Barca!

Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou are lookign like a very decent spine as CB's, Squillachi im not sold on (mor eon him later) and Miquel has looked OK in the ressies abnd against Leyton Orient(!) so I thinK CB's ar elookign good. TV alongside either Djourou or Koscielny over the next few years looks like beign an excellent CB partnership, very solid, good int he box and good at takign the ball out conmfortably. Another world class CB would be nice but he's not gonna have 5 CBs + Miquel + Song + a few othe rkids and he's (sadly) not gonna sell Squillachi after a year so thats not goign to happen

Chesney has alreayd shown glimpses of brilliance (esp against Barca in the first leg) although he is still young and will make mistakes like the CC Final, we do not need a new keeper UNLESS he chooses to spend whapping amounts ona top top class one (ie Reina) and hav Chesney as understudy. Flapianski and Mooney are adequate back-ups IMO

Our problems in recent week sare down to the sheer amount of games we'v eplayed (partly becaus eof the CC and I suspect he'll rveert back to ignoring that next year as its too many games for our first team) - admittedly had we finished off the likes of Leeds and Leyton Orient then we'd have saved ourselves a few more

Which brings me to my next point... we have fielded people are clearly good enough to win matches but this 2nd string tem played against the like sof Leeds and Orient doesnt seem to be abel to gel and that is a definate worry that Wenger needs to fix.

Occasional back-up players such as Denilson, Diaby, Squillachi and Bendtner just aren't consistent enoguh and you genuinely dont know what youre goign to get from them, all have been briliant in games one week and horeshit the next - i think they need to go tbh.

We have a lack of optiosn up front. RVP is utterl;y world class on his day and with Cesc or Nasri supplying him he's proven that by scoring 13 in 12ish games in 2011 BUT when he's missing we are severely short of options. CHamakh looks decent an dhe offers us a different option, did really well in the early part of the seaosn but other thasn that what do we have? Bendtner, who is very similar and entirely too inconsistent. He actually looks better playing on the right of the 3 in a 4231 than he does up fornt on his own. We also have Vela who is young and not really developing - basically we need a nother top top class striker IMO

ALSO those who say we wont miss Cesc, have a word with yourself! He is the absolute lynchpin of the team, he and RVP are the reaosn we have been so good this calendar year and we'd miss him terribly. Yes Nasri stood in well and has scored 9 in 9 when Ces hasnt played and hes been in the middle but he also does damn good ina ddition to Cesc.

Cesc, Nasri, Walcott, Wilshere and Song is still our best midfield and Ramsey/Wilshere wont mask the loss of Cesc.

Cannot believe people are callign for Wenger to move on In the face of Man City spending hundreds of millions, Chelski and Utd beign their usual selves and Spus upping their game, we have challenge don all fronts, reaching CC Final, into the last stage sof the PL in excellent shape, in qarters of the FA Cup and gave Barc a abloody good tie in the CL in spite of spending very little the last few years.

Yes if we dont win a trophy then he will need to look atc ertain areas such as the deadwood and such as the lack of striking options but until then we need to show faith in him not call for his head!

Edit to say both Arshavin and Roscky fall into that category of inconsitency. Rosickys workrate is immense and i love him to bits but realistically what does he offe rus? Arshavin the opposite, does fuck all, lazy as fuck yet in majority fo games this year he has done somethign to change the game, a lot of assist and goals but he doesnt offer a huge amoutn of consistency which can be very frustrating and im sure there are abtter optiosn out there

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by Robbo]
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to say something similar Nath. It's not even bait, which is worrying
Robbo

10th Mar 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Not all of us are willing to spend £35 on a crock.

or £23 on someone who has looked sublime so far this season

in all of what, 2 or 3 games?? Jeebus I rmemeber when Emile Heskey scored about 7 goals in 3 games back in the day for Liverpool and when Abou Diaby was player of the month for us a few years back a few games does not maketh a man. suarez looks decent but holy crap
mwg

10th Mar 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we have a summary please?
Nath

10th Mar 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO Wilshere is better now than Cesc was at his age.
Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Right to clear up the shite beign spouted in here

Clichy is a fuckign brilliant LB, Gibbs is good and one for the future but DEF should not have started against Barca!

Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou are lookign like a very decent spine as CB's, Squillachi im not sold on (mor eon him later) and Miquel has looked OK in the ressies abnd against Leyton Orient(!) so I thinK CB's ar elookign good. TV alongside either Djourou or Koscielny over the next few years looks like beign an excellent CB partnership, very solid, good int he box and good at takign the ball out conmfortably. Another world class CB would be nice but he's not gonna have 5 CBs + Miquel + Song + a few othe rkids and he's (sadly) not gonna sell Squillachi after a year so thats not goign to happen

Chesney has alreayd shown glimpses of brilliance (esp against Barca in the first leg) although he is still young and will make mistakes like the CC Final, we do not need a new keeper UNLESS he chooses to spend whapping amounts ona top top class one (ie Reina) and hav Chesney as understudy. Flapianski and Mooney are adequate back-ups IMO

Our problems in recent week sare down to the sheer amount of games we'v eplayed (partly becaus eof the CC and I suspect he'll rveert back to ignoring that next year as its too many games for our first team) - admittedly had we finished off the likes of Leeds and Leyton Orient then we'd have saved ourselves a few more

Which brings me to my next point... we have fielded people are clearly good enough to win matches but this 2nd string tem played against the like sof Leeds and Orient doesnt seem to be abel to gel and that is a definate worry that Wenger needs to fix.

Occasional back-up players such as Denilson, Diaby, Squillachi and Bendtner just aren't consistent enoguh and you genuinely dont know what youre goign to get from them, all have been briliant in games one week and horeshit the next - i think they need to go tbh.

We have a lack of optiosn up front. RVP is utterl;y world class on his day and with Cesc or Nasri supplying him he's proven that by scoring 13 in 12ish games in 2011 BUT when he's missing we are severely short of options. CHamakh looks decent an dhe offers us a different option, did really well in the early part of the seaosn but other thasn that what do we have? Bendtner, who is very similar and entirely too inconsistent. He actually looks better playing on the right of the 3 in a 4231 than he does up fornt on his own. We also have Vela who is young and not really developing - basically we need a nother top top class striker IMO

ALSO those who say we wont miss Cesc, have a word with yourself! He is the absolute lynchpin of the team, he and RVP are the reaosn we have been so good this calendar year and we'd miss him terribly. Yes Nasri stood in well and has scored 9 in 9 when Ces hasnt played and hes been in the middle but he also does damn good ina ddition to Cesc.

Cesc, Nasri, Walcott, Wilshere and Song is still our best midfield and Ramsey/Wilshere wont mask the loss of Cesc.

Cannot believe people are callign for Wenger to move on In the face of Man City spending hundreds of millions, Chelski and Utd beign their usual selves and Spus upping their game, we have challenge don all fronts, reaching CC Final, into the last stage sof the PL in excellent shape, in qarters of the FA Cup and gave Barc a abloody good tie in the CL in spite of spending very little the last few years.

Yes if we dont win a trophy then he will need to look atc ertain areas such as the deadwood and such as the lack of striking options but until then we need to show faith in him not call for his head!

Edit to say both Arshavin and Roscky fall into that category of inconsitency. Rosickys workrate is immense and i love him to bits but realistically what does he offe rus? Arshavin the opposite, does fuck all, lazy as fuck yet in majority fo games this year he has done somethign to change the game, a lot of assist and goals but he doesnt offer a huge amoutn of consistency which can be very frustrating and im sure there are abtter optiosn out there

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by Robbo]

When did Gibbs start against Barca?

Denilson
Bender
Squillachi
Rosicky

Can all fuck off.

Is "challenging on all fronts" enough for The Arsenal?

I say no. We need to be winning.

We should get an older WC keeper who may have a couple of years left at very top and have Chesney as understudy to learn from and to take over from.

As for Cesc...he'll go in summer imo anyway. Not our choice.
Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Definatley.

Injuries permitting JW will become better than Cesc due to the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve and has a giant pair of English bollocks

Tommy L

10th Mar 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with a lot of what you are saying robbo but I can't agree on Cliche. Going forward he is very good but defensively he is not the best.
Robbo

10th Mar 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I agree with a lot of what you are saying robbo but I can't agree on Cliche. Going forward he is very good but defensively he is not the best.

Too many mistakes these days. Trying to dribble out of our box against Barca.
mwg

10th Mar 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oRbbo's thoughts on Spurs getting through to the next round of the CL last night?
Nath

10th Mar 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

61 pages of football chat in this and the weekend thread
Russ

10th Mar 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stopped reading at "Clichy is a fuckign(spelt wrong) brilliant LB"

rest of it is probably bollocks too
Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see me losing the plot on saturday.
Tommy L

10th Mar 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Cesc on Saturday, no chance now
Nath

quote:

I can see you winning then declaring Wenger is the best coach in the World and Arsenal MUST keep hold of him.
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Yes def BUT they dont play the same position na dwhen Wilshere trys to play in Cescs role he hasnt doen as well (Sunderland as an example and evern Wenger commented on it) so this Wilshere to replace Cesc comparison is a nonsense. Wilsher + Song as the 2 in the 4231 IS the reaosn weve improved so much IMO

If/when Cesc goes then Nasri will be the replacement with Ramsey helpign out BUT we will be a MUCH weaker squad without Cesc

Tommy I'd have agreed on Clichy before I started going regularly and IMHO I thin khe does really really good in defence, esp consderign how much tiem he spends bombing u and down the flank. He and Evra are the 2 best LB in the league IMHO, with Evra being the better defender and Clichy being the better goign fwd... if you watch Sagna and Clichy durign a match they genuinely spend more time in the oppo half... i think thats why they look weaker in defence than perhaps they actually are but thats wenegrs influence
mwg

10th Mar 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I had a look at getting tickets after all but the viagogo ticket exchange wanted £58.80, that's £22.80 in handling fees, that can fuck right off
Ben J

10th Mar 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Commentator "and as man united go 4-0 up thers trouble in amongst the arsenal fans. SOMEBODY IS WINDMILLING"

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37    38  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash 23 database queries in 0.0242479 seconds