corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jul 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made me despair when they said "the rest of the pit crew wear helmets and goggles" yeah because that would have stopped his injuries just an unfortunate incident, nothing needs to change
JonnyJ

8th Jul 13 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not, might have to make more use of static cameras.

I agree, it wont stop it happening again. Teams are under so much pressure to do sub 3s stops its always a risk that this will happen.
JonnyJ

8th Jul 13 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Made me despair when they said "the rest of the pit crew wear helmets and goggles" yeah because that would have stopped his injuries just an unfortunate incident, nothing needs to change

Yep. Too kneejerk. Pitlanes will never be safe.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 13 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm I'm not sure I agree. This incident aside, in hindsight it's ridiculous that someone can be lurking around in trousers and a shirt.

I'm really not arguing that gloves and a helmet would have protecting him against this, but the pit lane is a pretty dangerous place... these cars can literally go up in flames if they're stood still too long with an engine running.

Combine the dangerous environment with the fact that cameramen are tunnel-visioned by definition - it's a recipe for disaster and we're lucky that a relatively minor set of injuries has brought it to attention rather than a fatality.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

8th Jul 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the team principals and engineer blokes sitting on the other side in their pods? They wear shirts and trousers and seem to be quite safe.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're a fair distance from the danger zone and sat parallel to the direction of traffic.

Maybe call for some fencing at their backs though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

9th Jul 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, some nicely ronsealed panelling should protect them well.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a thought, does this mean Ted Kravitz has lost his job?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Jul 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully. Gary Anderson can fuck off too with his shite.
Robin
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully they'll drop the grid walk bollocks too
JonnyJ

10th Jul 13 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, they are always boring and awkward as fuck Cant believe SSF1 actually show it as a separate show after a race
Robin
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Hi *name*, you had a difficult time in qualifying yesterday, would you put that down to the tyres?'

'For sure the tyres were a problem'

'How do you think you'll do in today's race?'

'For sure I will try to be as fast as I can but *mumble*'

'Ok good luck *name*. Oh there's *name*, lets see f we can grab a few words'...... 'He looks a bit busy I think we'll leave him to it'

*repeat*

BOOORRINGGG.

I don't know why they don't just do a shorter show an have some sort of decent technical show before maybe?
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say the 90mins of buildup is waaay excessive, though I don't mind the gridwalk too much.

Half hour show before Quali to discuss practice sessions, one hour show before race to do a quali reminder plus some of the F1 related news from that week(s).

Get rid of the "horse power tower" and shit like that, really really dull.

The F1 show is alright, but I only watch it if I'm sat around when it's on - never watch the recordings of it.

I think this is mainly a FOM issue, but the practise coverage could be MUCH better. I know each team has got its own agenda, but typically the sessions are similar with teams doing race-sims at the same time and doing quali runs at the same time.

There should be better timing on display for the race-sims such as average laptime over X laps, % time loss each lap, stuff like that.

There are a few websites which produce similar statistics, but not live and often inconsistent.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

10th Jul 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are still going to be allowed to have cameras in the pits and move between the pits via the back so there is still going to be a lot of footage. Its just the camera at the front of the car you are going to loose.

JonnyJ

10th Jul 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will Buxton has just said they'll get no garage access
JonnyJ

10th Jul 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I have to say the 90mins of buildup is waaay excessive, though I don't mind the gridwalk too much.

Half hour show before Quali to discuss practice sessions, one hour show before race to do a quali reminder plus some of the F1 related news from that week(s).

Get rid of the "horse power tower" and shit like that, really really dull.

The F1 show is alright, but I only watch it if I'm sat around when it's on - never watch the recordings of it.

I think this is mainly a FOM issue, but the practise coverage could be MUCH better. I know each team has got its own agenda, but typically the sessions are similar with teams doing race-sims at the same time and doing quali runs at the same time.

There should be better timing on display for the race-sims such as average laptime over X laps, % time loss each lap, stuff like that.

There are a few websites which produce similar statistics, but not live and often inconsistent.

Agree with what you say on practice, when they switch to long runs theres very little stats to show lap times.

In other news, Pirelli have changed the tyres to Soft/Medium from Medium/Hard for Hungary. Boo.

[Edited on 10-07-2013 by JonnyJ]
Rick Draper

16th Jul 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Symonds to Williams. Lets hope he can sort the mess out that they are in this season.
JonnyJ

16th Jul 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ricciardo to test for Red Bull...interesting. Also Alonso not testing for Ferrari.
noshua

16th Jul 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder why they haven't used Alonso considering he's the #1, unless they think he's fine already with the tyres
JonnyJ

16th Jul 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso is working on stuff in the simulator, he says its more important. Massa can collect the data they need i assume.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa far more valuable at the test tbh. You can't simulate how a car performs with gravel rash.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

17th Jul 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all this fuss of the race drivers being allowed to run in the YDT it seems most teams are electing not to bother. Raikonnen has now pulled out, Alonso isnt doing it, dont think Mclaren are using Button/Perez either.

[Edited on 17-07-2013 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

17th Jul 13 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems the FIA have placed loads of set up restrictions on teams who run their current race drivers, only allowed to change front wing for balance etc.
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Jul 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't aware of that Jonny, but that makes sense if true.

Even the young drivers should at minimum be able to drive to a delta, even if their pace isn't quite there. They can then just do back to back runs and take measurements accordingly when changing parts and setup.

All the "proper" drivers would have to gain is practice, and the simulator provides that I guess.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

26th Jul 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bulls blowing everyone away in FP2 here. No one is even close.

Going to be a tough race for Merc. I'd take 10th for Lewis right now

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0237679 seconds