corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car modifying these days (bit contraversial)
Mattb

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 05 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
need for speed

porsche challenge was
and so were the first few
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Angie
quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
with car mags these days u tend to have 2 extremes, the ones liek max power etc that aim at the pikey racer, or ones aimed at more 'mature' car enthusiasts that aim all their articles on cars such as ferraris and jags

Yeah I noticed this too, I read magazines like auto car and Evo, but I also like car mechanics magazine

I love magazines like Evo because while it looks at cars that I have dreams about lol, it also shows other less unobtainable vehicles.

I think car modding has 2 main catagories as talked about earlier: people who mod to impress, and those who are enthusiastic about cars.

I love the adrenalibe rush you get when you are in a car you feel passionately about. I drive a 1.2 8v corsa, its not fast but I still love it because its my first car and it has helped me learn loads of the basics on car maintenance. Hopefully my next car will be something alot more powerful which I will feel just as passionately about and also get my kicks from when it comes to spending money modifying it.

I'll stop rambling now cos I'm boring myself

totally 100% agree
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
GSI's on Speedlines were turning out to be the new combat kit.. too many around for most people likings

TBH there is only 1 other GSI in my area that has that combo, most other makes of corsa have the speedlines fitted, all the GSi's must be hiding else where

Yeah I don't think I've seen another GSI in my area wearing Speedlines either

The fact that they are a good size & fitment for a corsa is reason enough for me to have them

Again, I think it goes down to the people who mod their car to get looks & the enthusiasts
SetoN!

2nd Feb 05 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U want to stand out from the crowd, u mod ur car. If you want to be just another car on the road, you keep it as manufacture standard. Me ... well people taking a 2nd glance dont make me feel the slightist bit uncomfatable
Mattb

2nd Feb 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i havent seen one round my way, but it seems like there are loads because its a corsa forum
SteveW

2nd Feb 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the only reason i said that.. all you see on this forum is "GSI's on Speedlines posts"

im not knockin em, i just would own one
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
tbh i havent seen one round my way, but it seems like there are loads because its a corsa forum

There isn't even that many on here!

I think its just because its an easy to recognise mod
hazey-corsa

2nd Feb 05 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah GSI's on speedlines arent that common just common on here cause its a combo people have seen and liked and therefore copied.

SetoN!- how do you explain the many sleepers about then, they just want to appear as another car on the road but hold an ace up their sleeves, and its one that will shock most people!
SetoN!

2nd Feb 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hazey-corsa
SetoN!- how do you explain the many sleepers about then, they just want to appear as another car on the road but hold an ace up their sleeves, and its one that will shock most people!

Yeah, but 98% of women only know a good car by what on the outside (looks). It may have 200 bhp and twat 90% of the cars on the road, but the only thing thats gonna make the girls wet if how hot it looks... dont get my wrong, the engine size counts, but a sleeper is only good for giving a guy a hard on
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetoN!
quote:

Yeah, but 98% of women only know a good car by what on the outside (looks). It may have 200 bhp and twat 90% of the cars on the road, but the only thing thats gonna make the girls wet if how hot it looks... dont get my wrong, the engine size counts, but a sleeper is only good for giving a guy a hard on

You'd be suprised!

Women like my 2.0 apart from the noise
hazey-corsa

2nd Feb 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Exactly what I was saying before do you do it for the attention off women or for the respect of other enthusiasts? Personally i perfer the latter, I wouldnt use a car to pull ladies altho I do admit sometimes it can help.
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any chick who likes you because of your car & not because of who you are is a total slack whore
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i dont judge a car by the outside, i judge it on reliability, fuel economy, cost, sound, drive, handling, a multitude of things
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i dont judge a car by the outside, i judge it on reliability, fuel economy, cost, sound, drive, handling, a multitude of things

Lynny also wears Y-fronts

SetoN!

2nd Feb 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Any chick who likes you because of your car & not because of who you are is a total slack whore

I think my g/f would agree

or maybe thats the reason she dont want me to mod it too much
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Lynny also wears Y-fronts

i think not!
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I think my g/f would agree

or maybe thats the reason she dont want me to mod it too much

Or maybe your just under the thumb & doing everything that she tells you to do

J/K
SetoN!

2nd Feb 05 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, if only it wasnt true

hazey-corsa

2nd Feb 05 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

We refer to them as Skip Rats
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

We refer to them as Skip Rats

I refer to them as locals
SteveW

2nd Feb 05 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i call them Rippers
jow

2nd Feb 05 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when it comes to the car scene as somebody said earlier you get car enthusiats and you get cruisers and there is a big difference between the 2.im pretty sure most ppl on this website have a passion for cars and some ppl will have more than others.however that passion will be different for everybody.i study at university automotive engineering, i love the way cars work and i love to go out driving, go to cruises and get that need for speed.but at the same time iv modified my car with a bodykit etc to basicaly SHOW OFF when i go cruising,get noticed but mainly because i think it makes the car look proper bo.its quality getting ppl looking at your car and taking photos when your parked in the high street nipping to the shops.theres a difference between ppl who moddify their car and have the passion for it and ppl who modify their car just cause they thought 2 fast 2 furious was cool
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Feb 05 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re the GSi Speedlines being the new Combat kit - don't forget that there's nothing inherently wrong with a Combat kit, take Darren Duffields blue one on the right wheels with the right drop and no cheesy stick on bits, it looked fantastic in its day and still looks good now, albeit a bit dated.

Combat kits have got much of their bad name because you frequently see them along side other stick on mods, poor workmanship, the wrong wheels, the wrong drop, merit windows, sunstrips, dirty mesh, wonky exhausts and owners who can't spell.
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Re the GSi Speedlines being the new Combat kit - don't forget that there's nothing inherently wrong with a Combat kit, take Darren Duffields blue one on the right wheels with the right drop and no cheesy stick on bits, it looked fantastic in its day and still looks good now, albeit a bit dated.

Combat kits have got much of their bad name because you frequently see them along side other stick on mods, poor workmanship, the wrong wheels, the wrong drop, merit windows, sunstrips, dirty mesh, wonky exhausts and owners who can't spell.

PMSL
Skipz

3rd Feb 05 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

So er where would an SRI stand with Combat kit and err Speedlines

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial) 22 database queries in 0.0153010 seconds