corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » F1 on itv

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F1 on itv
Lynny

User status: Offline
19th Jun 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats funny i study a motorsport degree and you say i have no idea. i do no the rules and where do i state that 2 tyres in that race would have worked??

quote:
They should be allowed 2 sets of tyres for a race so when they get to a dangerous state they can be changed

Dan B

19th Jun 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, Michelin took the wrong set of tyres to a race, they were deemed as not being safe so the teams that were planning on using them were advised not to.

Why should the FIA, or any teams that were using Bridgestone, make allowances for a mistake by a tyre-provider?

Yes, it made for a bit of a boring race, and yes, it annoyed the fans that had paid to see it, but at the end of the day, the blame can only be placed on Michelin. It's an exceptionally high-money game, in which each and every team wants to win. Why should Ferrari (who I hate, by the way, before there're any accusations of favouratism) give leeway to a team, or teams, that made a mistake before the race had even started?
Lynny

19th Jun 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
At the end of the day, Michelin took the wrong set of tyres to a race, they were deemed as not being safe so the teams that were planning on using them were advised not to.

Why should the FIA, or any teams that were using Bridgestone, make allowances for a mistake by a tyre-provider?

Yes, it made for a bit of a boring race, and yes, it annoyed the fans that had paid to see it, but at the end of the day, the blame can only be placed on Michelin. It's an exceptionally high-money game, in which each and every team wants to win. Why should Ferrari (who I hate, by the way, before there're any accusations of favouratism) give leeway to a team, or teams, that made a mistake before the race had even started?

exactly
vibrio
Banned

19th Jun 05 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
or give them all Yoko a539's and test the drivers skills rather than the car.

PMSL or toyo poxy's
bradfincham

20th Jun 05 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
Thats funny i study a motorsport degree and you say i have no idea. i do no the rules and where do i state that 2 tyres in that race would have worked??

quote:
They should be allowed 2 sets of tyres for a race so when they get to a dangerous state they can be changed

yes that should be the rule for all races. it wouldnt have helped in todays race as michellin wouldnt let them use that tyre.
Dom

20th Jun 05 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of you havnt got a clue, the fact is you lot didnt pay thousands to go see the race and therefore you havnt got a clue how shit it must have been for fans to see a race with six cars

All the michelin runners were happy to run at the back of the pack, recieve no points etc etc They wanted to put on a show for the fans and viewers, yet the ferrari and FIA didnt want to know

i would be suprised if the yanks allow them back there next year, and the FIA have let down a lot of people as well as the whole F1 community, yesterday was just another blow to downwards spiral F1 is going
Lynny

20th Jun 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:

quote:

yes that should be the rule for all races. it wouldnt have helped in todays race as michellin wouldnt let them use that tyre.

which is what i originally said!
Robbo

20th Jun 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jus read all this on bbc website... fook

Seems to me that Ferrari had a point to object BUT at the end of the day it would be fucking shite to have paid to see ferrari jordan an minardi 'racing'

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » F1 on itv 22 database queries in 0.0354888 seconds