corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My GSI is going to Jamsport 2morow

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My GSI is going to Jamsport 2morow
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 05 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice

i'll bear that in mind then, when i;ve got some money together and the 1.6 in i'll have a word
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sayin if the "turbo" was to be fitted would be a while anyway, and i didnt know u couldnt run a lemxual on a turbo, sorry. Thanks for the info. Seems a good deal on the throttle boddies, u do cash deals? hehe very intrested.
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think what ur doin mat is cool, and i did consider it myself, yes i opted for 2ltr, but reason is theres 160 bhp on tap with no spending money aprt from conversion, 1.6's do go well when modded and sure we will tune mrs 1.6 sport in time as im keen to do hers

but all u still go on about the handling of 2.0 have u actually driven one, ive done 1500 fun miles in last 3 weeks and i can honestly say its no different, IN FACT ID SAY ITS BETTER AS CORSA'S SUFFER FROM UNDERSTEER BADLY WHEN PUSHED AND 2.0 HOLDS SOME EXTRA WEIGHT KEEPING FRONT END IN CHECK well this is my opinion

Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to be different
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good 4u dude
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if i get tb's on my lil gsi, and the new ecu from corsa808 then it will be pushin 180bhp dude Bye bye 2ltr
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence matey, don't take it the wrong way
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dout that m8 sure ud get in front but would not lose me
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it would have a 2ltr standard setup!
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyways just want some more power from my lil corsa, then ill move on to a integra type R or sumin
Just fun tunin the lil gsi
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im keeping with ctr's and stuff mine not far from standard, 1.6 will never pull torque what does 180 bhp 1.6 pull over 1/4
Mattss Corsa

24th Sep 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All to ourself's
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna's old 160 bhp 1.6 gs=i apparently kept with 2.0's but could not win

ask smoothie-sri off here owns 1.6 turbo with 175-185 bhp done by courtney and he keeps with ctr's too not much in it
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyways hope u get good power output we need more tuned 1600's and 1400's if ur engine is strong sure ull get there, too many peeps dropping xe in starting to wonder whether to swop back to 1.6 on tb's as thats far more rare myself. or just trade in get evo or somat
broster
Premium Member

24th Sep 05 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa808, do you offer any warrentee with the work etc.... no offence but if you going to be doing some engine work to your car and you have no knowledge yourself then its better to go to a well established place, pay a little bit more and have a lot of come back.... thats my opinion anyway, not saying your dodgy or anything.

carl, be interesting to have a play against yours with mine.... ill get it run in and then we should make the trip to santa pod? was setting 15.7 before the rebuild.... the 1.6 on tb's and 2ltr are two different things really, the 2ltr have the gearing from the f20 for high speeds etc etc the 1.6 isnt geared the same.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

24th Sep 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
corsa808, do you offer any warrentee with the work etc.... no offence but if you going to be doing some engine work to your car and you have no knowledge yourself then its better to go to a well established place, pay a little bit more and have a lot of come back.... thats my opinion anyway, not saying your dodgy or anything.

good advice broster.

i am a fully qualified mechanic and auto electrician. ive had a partnership in a garage buisness. i have had 4 years experience modding x16xe/ c16xe engines. ive done 6 engine conversions with these, a few 2 litre conversions, 4 complete x16xe rebuilds, i make custom inlet manifolds, been on a training course with omex and im looking to buy into a rolling road tuning buisness in richmond and start dealing with omex.

ive done engine conversions/ tuning work for users on here including:

seanreay 1986 (x14xe conversion)
viperboy (c20xe conversion)
chris1.2 (mantzel fitting and suspension)

and im currently building my own race spec x16xe. hopefully ready next year
Dave A

24th Sep 05 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smallblock 1.6 16v engines are the way forward. wouldnt swop mine for a 2 litre ever
Dave A

24th Sep 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120

but all u still go on about the handling of 2.0 have u actually driven one, ive done 1500 fun miles in last 3 weeks and i can honestly say its no different, IN FACT ID SAY ITS BETTER AS CORSA'S SUFFER FROM UNDERSTEER BADLY WHEN PUSHED AND 2.0 HOLDS SOME EXTRA WEIGHT KEEPING FRONT END IN CHECK well this is my opinion

more weight over front wheels= more understeer.
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mark id like a play soon as we can bit skint else id come 2morrow, f20 is geared for high speeds yeh but its still a close ratio box at end of day ive noticed my 2.0 starts dipping off at 115-120mph

most smaller tuned engines what get quicker over 1/4 mile tend to get faster by time not terminal speed, or so ive noticed anyways, 1/4 mile ent always good race for me an u to have broster u need to do rolling on speeds say from 60-75-85 and 100 making sure u in same gears etc that will show the real difference.

1/4 mile can be decieving to ppl for arguments sake a 1.25 zetec fiesta runs 1/4 in approx 18 seconds, my 2.0 runs 14.8-15.0 u could argue fiesta ent much slower as its only 3 seconds behind lol but in reality ud kill it with xe

Mark did u not ever race joffs, in fact what happened to joff

[Edited on 24-09-2005 by corsa120]
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa808 ive owned the 3 engines in my corsa x14xe, x16xe and now c20xe and i cant notice a difference
broster
Premium Member

24th Sep 05 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joff is on corsa-b.co.uk now lol, he don't come on here any more. my cars not run in yet so tomorrow is a no no for me... i never raced joff's he was to scared... see i can say that now hes not here.. lol! 3 seconds on a 1/4 mile is a hell of a lot! 1 second is a lot. lol!

carl, people who have driven well set up corsas with the 1.6 and 1.4 say there is a big difference with handeling, i cant really comment, only ever driven joffs 2ltr and it had standard gsi suspension on the front at the time as hgis coilovers were broken...
corsa120

24th Sep 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i get ya mark m8 but dont 4get my mrs owns a 1.6 and i drive it more than mine lol and i cant feel it

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My GSI is going to Jamsport 2morow 22 database queries in 0.0158150 seconds