corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car salesmen; how much you on?
Matt H

User status: Offline
28th Feb 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't everybody
John

28th Feb 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate them 2.
They talk some amount of shite as well.
I had dealings with one recently and theres just too much shite for me to type out about him.
Absolutely unbelievable.
AK

28th Feb 06 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone is honest, open, down to earth and friendly from the ouset i have no problems.

If some bouncing bafoon comes running over sprouting that he's going to sell me the best car ever...... i just cringe.

Thats another story i remember about my folks.... thing this was my mums car.

At a dealership in aberdeen... looking at brand new calibra's that had just been launched. The gay was prattling on about great sports cars etc. They ended up buying the car from a dealer 70miles away at the same price. They guy was just a twat
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 06 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me with the Astra. We walked in loads of scallys up in Preston which is a bit posher than Liverpool

I was talking figures while my mate was sitting in a car in the showroom making engine noises. Went on for ages and I think they got bored with us 'messing' and threw whatever figures in as I kept saying it was too expensive.

Eventually I signed. They lost money. I met the sales manager at another dealership not long ago and he remembered selling my car because they didn't often get gangs out scousers in buying cars like that, and the salesman was half joking doing a daft deal, but had to honour it when I said OK
AK

28th Feb 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fee's dad...

phoned a dealer to order a new Jag. They told him he must come for a testdrive etc.... telling him how great the cars were etc. He tried to just buy one then and thre, but they wouldnt let him.

He bought a bently instead.

The jag garge phoned back asking when he was coming over for the testdrive..... he told them again that he just wanted the car etc. muppets
Matt H

28th Feb 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate had the best idea...

He's been a tight fooker for years, I swear when he smokes he doesn't even breathe it out! He always claimed he was skint yet we all knew he was saving up for a deposit on a house...

I told him to put off getting a house & get himself a nice fast car whilst he was still young. Sound advice eh?

Anyway, just a few months ago he found a house & was just about to go put the deposit on his mortgage & had about 10K in cash on him. On the way into town he passed the Subaru garage, decided to pop in as he had plenty of time to kill. He eventually got approached by some big headed salesman who clearly not interested in a young lad looking at brand new Scooby STi's

My friend asked a few questions & then said "can I have a test drive?"

The salesman told him to do one & stop jerking him around. He said he was serious & he really wanted a go in one.

Salesman said "you haven't got that kind on money"

So my mate pulled out a massive wad of 10K in cash & said "I think I have"

He got his test drive & ragged the crap outta it

But then he went & put the deposit down on the house
Twiggy

28th Feb 06 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao!

All the cars i have i have ragged and then done a cash back deal...

"I owe a grand to me mum and dad"

I always get a good wad back, get a decent motor and get rid of a shitter!

[Edited on 28-02-2006 by Twiggy]
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Feb 06 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I looked into buying my Ibiza, I saw a minter in the showroom in Hull, but was up for just under 10k. I showed interest, but the guy looked at me and my age and instantly fobbed me off.

"Why dont you look at the 1.2 models we have for 6k"

"Dont want one, I want that one"

etc etc, He Just couldnt be arsed moving the other cars out of its way so I could test drive it.

Needless to say, I found this one in a better colour (IMO) for 8k privately - and the kid who sold me it wasnt a cunt Thing is, I would have payed 10k

Result

[Edited on 28-02-2006 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
corb

1st Mar 06 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember though, on the same note, we get people coming in all the time asking for demos in quick cars they cant afford etc. I'm certainly not prepared to waste my time on someone. I'd normally book them, for a demo in a few days and tell them to check insurance in the meantime.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car salesmen; how much you on? 23 database queries in 0.0137451 seconds