corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New corsa community.
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
27th Sep 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Comes down to money at the end of the day

You'll have to personally spend money on your site where as this site makes money which payes the bills & rewards the users

Corsa2Corsa is in the same boat, they had to spend money recently at trax for flyers etc & as Katie was saying it all adds up!

yup all the mods & admin Donated ££...Was worth it tho//

People said that C2c would never get anywere and it has...It has come a long long way..But u need to put loads of effort in to a site to get it to work...

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by DaNnY_LaD]
corsacant

27th Sep 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we are all definately in it for the long haul. The sites on a week old so it's bound to seem a bit dead and not have much content. Stuff is being added daily and hopefully it will be content useful to the members.
As for putting in an appearance at the shows, hopefully we will be but that will all be sorted a bit closer to the time.
Matt H

27th Sep 06 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I really can't understand

We could have a massive massive show presence if we joined forces. Look at the Seat clubs, or the 106 clubs

One stand, well laid out in a prime spot

Corsas get a few stands all doing the same thing some of which have clearly had very little thought put into the layout of it & were all filling in gaps everywhere

If every year we all clubbed together we'd get a better space, which increases the potential of a better looking stand
Cosmo

27th Sep 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of setting up a company making a graphic interfaced operating system...think I'll go and post over at microsoft.com to get their forum members to come and join my 1 man team
Matt H

27th Sep 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to take the piss out of the guy, nothing wrong with making a website!

One day a few years ago some dodgy scouser decided to make a website, look at it now

Differance in this case was that there wasn't any others around when Ian founded CS, so it was a good idea.

As someone who helps to organise/run stuff/help out for the club I'd like to see the clubs unite, even if its only for the shows. Im sure all the other members (especially the other staff) will agree
Cosmo

27th Sep 06 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No need to take the piss out of the guy, nothing wrong with making a website!

One day a few years ago some dodgy scouser decided to make a website, look at it now

Differance in this case was that there wasn't any others around when Ian founded CS, so it was a good idea.

As someone who helps to organise/run stuff/help out for the club I'd like to see the clubs unite, even if its only for the shows. Im sure all the other members (especially the other staff) will agree

its one thing making another corsa website, but coming onto one and trying to make out your spam to get new members is just an imformative post is plan stupid.
corsacant

27th Sep 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo go take you crap posts elsewhere.

Matt I agree, I think it's something that could and should be looked into. Like I originally stated, we aren't trying to compete, we'd rather integrate into the community.
By having numerous different sites users get the chance to choose which site is best suited to them, what's the harm in that? And why shouldn't the different forums be able to get on together, there is no need in the rivalry.
If people don't want to visit our site, fine, there will be others that will want to.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacant
Cosmo go take you crap posts elsewhere.

Steady on cowboy, you are trying to spam this site trying to take members away which is a naughty no no. All the power to you with your new site but I can't help thinking why don't you just point your domain/free webspace/whatever to corsasport.co.uk and be done with it. If we all huddled together we could make the site better, fact.

We are a stable site/club in all terms possible, you would have nothing to loose by joining us other than not being to edit/delete everyones posts.

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by willay]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Stuff is being added daily and hopefully it will be content useful to the members.
As for putting in an appearance at the shows, hopefully we will be but that will all be sorted a bit closer to the time.

Why not contribute to our already stocked knowledge base? You'll get all the credit with the post.

And with shows, why stress yourself out trying to compete and organise when you could join one of the biggest, most organised, and pleasing to the eye stands at the Big 3 Shows (Donny, PVS, Trax..)?

mav

28th Sep 06 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Willay
mav

28th Sep 06 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
i'm a member on corsa-b.co.uk. never use it, its not a bad site, its just not as busy.

traffic is the key, new sites lack that.

true..

I post ona few volvo forums and still no reply after 5 days
corsacant

28th Sep 06 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont agree with the fact that there should be one big site, there's no harm in having a few different sites.
Also as suggested by Matt, why not pull together, just for the shows?
Corsasport deosn't need a little site joining it, it's way too big to be dependant on anything like that. And as for adding stuff to this site, I'm already a member and will continue to be.
Matt H

28th Sep 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaNnY_LaD
quote:
Comes down to money at the end of the day

You'll have to personally spend money on your site where as this site makes money which payes the bills & rewards the users

Corsa2Corsa is in the same boat, they had to spend money recently at trax for flyers etc & as Katie was saying it all adds up!

yup all the mods & admin Donated ££...Was worth it tho//

People said that C2c would never get anywere and it has...It has come a long long way..But u need to put loads of effort in to a site to get it to work...

(I must've missed this last night)

Yes you need people......and money

Funding for a club to go to a show out of your own pocket? That wont last long

Unless every person there splits all the overheads into equal parts for each member to pay its an unfair system

For a site to grow it needs money throwing at it, people grumble on here about paying £12.50 & getting loads of free stuff. In a smaller community it means people will pay more & get less

Katie was pissed off that having the flyers printed had cost her £100. Sorry to say this, but if thats considered to be a big investment then I don't see much of a future for the club
gianluigi

28th Sep 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's ians monthly bill for CS alone? (if any)

edit: not saying there's an actual bill, but on average, how much does ian spend on the site/club every month?

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by gianluigi]
Cybermonkey

28th Sep 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont agree with the fact that there should be one big site, there's no harm in having a few different sites.
Also as suggested by Matt, why not pull together, just for the shows?
Corsasport deosn't need a little site joining it, it's way too big to be dependant on anything like that. And as for adding stuff to this site, I'm already a member and will continue to be.

the sooner you realise that Corsasport is hell bent on world domination, the better. you cant run away from this motherfucker
Matt H

28th Sep 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
what's ians monthly bill for CS alone? (if any)

edit: not saying there's an actual bill, but on average, how much does ian spend on the site/club every month?

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by gianluigi]

Its dependant on whats going on in that month

PVS month was a lot

The van, beer, equipment for the stand etc etc

Not sure what the bandwidth charges are a month but I know the figures for whats spent at shows
Steve
Premium Member

28th Sep 06 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not much money to run a website alone, organising shows etc is what take money
corsacant

28th Sep 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completely understand I'm going to have to fork money out for certain things.
Luckily the few members we have so far are willing to chip in with things.
LIke I say as the site grows hopefully we can work something out in terms of going to shows etc.
I don't expect to go to the next show and have a big extravagent stand. I'd be happy with members just showing up, it's building blocks for us to work on.

[Edited on 28-09-2006 by corsacant]
Ojc

28th Sep 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian makes a profit - fact.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Sep 06 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
what's ians monthly bill for CS alone?
Personally not a carrot. Month on month there's the bandwidth bill at a few hundred, then big purchases throughout the year, like new hardware every so often which would be more. We own all our own servers so we've complete control over them, then lease the rack they live in.

Also as Matt says the shows can hit the bank quite a bit as well. PVS came in at four figures.

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ian makes a profit - fact.
The site does. We've money in the bank and I'm not about to lie about that. None of it goes on salaries though as the tax hit wipes out most of what you would pay yourself, and I would rather than be spent on the site, then enjoy the site.

I was never in it for money, hence funding it myself in the early years. I've receipts for two grand for the period before we introduced prem. I don't do that any more.
Mattss Corsa

30th Sep 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah fair play youve done a good job mate, ive been a member for a few years..
Andrew

1st Oct 06 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why oh why

I'm building a web-site for my final year project. Not going to be nothing amazing but hopefully something to get me a tidy mark. Was looking at some sort of car site but there are way too many so decided on one showing how to build your own computer with a forum. It's took me a week to come up with a title so far
Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 06 at 05:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wats the title?

maybe you should creata Love and Relationship advice forum?

Nismo

1st Oct 06 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian doesnt lease the space , he stole the space from someone else

Nah fairplay to the lad he wanted to set up a a site , hes done it , ok its not to the level of CS, but to be fair i dont know of many other forums that are?

There is allot of people that dont register on here purley for the abuse they get, as its been said before theres lots of internet warriors on this site!
Nismo

1st Oct 06 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also a good way im my eyes to prove the No1 corsa forum is se who sits at the top in googles eyes

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community. 22 database queries in 0.0118489 seconds