corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For all you nova haters

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For all you nova haters
Colin

User status: Offline
17th May 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
amyone got the regal vid up yet?

How what does that show?? A fettled nova beating a standard car in a straight line per chance
Stu

17th May 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
Oh BTW, being a tuned Nova, can we try it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWhv1TaJhE&mode=related&search=

Exactly
sam-smith

17th May 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

How what does that show?? A fettled nova beating a standard car in a straight line per chance

nah its the wtin engine one. just shows a stupidly quick 1/4 mile
abdus

17th May 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

nah its the wtin engine one. just shows a stupidly quick 1/4 mile

what happens after the 1/4 mile?
sam-smith

17th May 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea, havent seen the video for ages. thats why i was asking for it as i cant find it
nova_gteuk

17th May 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
have to agree id rather a hand built mint nova than a m3 anyday,really dont know what it is but the nova has a certain appeal about it.
Hand built. What the fuck? You are forgetting that the car was put together by a fucking robot in spain 18 years ago.

yes i havent forgotton,handbuilt,i mean as in a nova like bret warburtons thats far from factory spec
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah the fact that someones had it to bits & back together in their shed except put back using stainless bolts unstead of rusted ones does not make it better that a £40k BMW

Sorry, ive nothing major against Nova's, except when folk start making rediculous statements about them!!

The fact that they are built by the owners themself makes it better than a bmw IN MY OPINION, just for the simple fact its a lot harder and more satisfiying than walking into a dealer and just forking over the money
abdus

17th May 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri

The fact that they are built by the owners themself makes it better than a bmw IN MY OPINION, just for the simple fact its a lot harder and more satisfiying than walking into a dealer and just forking over the money

they are not done by the owners themselves, they are rebuilt...and this doesn't make them better than a brand new M3
dan_c4rsa

17th May 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest mine isn't as 'well built' as an M3

but thats why i love it - when i turn on the engine, because it's bigger than was meant, the whole car shakes and rattles, and when im in a traffic queue and i bring the clutch up to roll forward, i cant read my stereo because its a blur.

but i'll tell you one thing. My nova has never once had its back end out, felt iffy oranything - it sticks to the road like i dont know what.

also its the only car that when i get in, i cant help laughing as i put my foot down for the first time on a drive, and seeing as ive driven a honda s2000, bmw M3!!!!! (yes its true), BMW Z3, an M5 and plenty of fast hatches like valver corsa's and Rallyes - i think thats pretty dang good!

edit - btw - i dont own any of those nice cars

[Edited on 17-05-2007 by dan_c4rsa]
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe not to you, but to me it does. Your opinion doesnt mean its right, just to you it does. Thats the point im trying to get across but the sites to full or arogant cunts to get it into there heads that every bodys differant.
abdus

17th May 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_c4rsa

but i'll tell you one thing. My nova has never once had its back end out, felt iffy oranything - it sticks to the road like i dont know what.

what do you mean by that?
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

also its the only car that when i get in, i cant help laughing as i put my foot down for the first time on a drive, and seeing as ive driven a honda s2000, bmw M3!!!!! (yes its true), BMW Z3, an M5 and plenty of fast hatches like valver corsa's and Rallyes - i think thats pretty dang good!

[Edited on 17-05-2007 by dan_c4rsa]

Excellant point, iv drove a lot of nice fast expensive cars through work. But id still never buy one, mainly to the fact i like older cars more as its just you and the car. None of these poofy driving aids that beemer drivers need.
dan_c4rsa

17th May 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
quote:

what do you mean by that?

i mean that everyones on about everything being well built bla bla bla.

my nova might not be welded together with 48 karratt gold, but it handles like a dream, and to me that = good, and could handle better than a nice expensive car if you get me
nik

17th May 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poofy driver aids that bmw drivers need?

No maybe they can afford a decent car even though it isn't as well built as nova LMFAO which gives them such technology. Hell they even might prefer to turn those aids off once in a while.
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good for you
gunzi

17th May 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do M3s really handle that well? Like most people who've offered their opinion here, I've never driven one. The only bit of fact that I can get from this is from the good old top gear board. They managed to get it to go 0.4 secs faster than a focus RS on their track. It was 1.4 secs slower than a Golf R32.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 07 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not amazing amazing, but better then any darn nova lol
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you say steve? Have you owned both a m3 and a well set up nova? Thought not, dont open your mouth when you cant back it up...Awaits bullshit reply.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 07 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had an M3 and iv not owned a nova but im going to stick my neck out and say Vauxhall wont have put have much R&D and money into developing a class leading handling chassis in there flagship shopping car

so no matter what suspension you throw at it, its never going to be amazing, and to keep up with an M3 even in a straight line its going to need some power going through the front wheels, making it even worse on corners

[Edited on 17-05-2007 by Steve]
abdus

17th May 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better put it this way:

have you owned both a well set up M3 and a well setup Nova...
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 07 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes me laugh people think to make a car that isnt designed to handle, handle amazing all you have to do is fit shocks and springs and possibly uprated ARB's
wilson_sri

17th May 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad owns a m3, yes there very good cars, iv not been doubting that for one second. Just stating id rather have a concours nova. I have also owned a 2litre 8v nova with a very good suspension set up, bilstein coilvers. Was the best handling car i have had. But i agree, m3 does handle better as long as too much power isnt put down in corners. I just hate it when people talk when they have never experianced.
ed

17th May 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh god.
Robin
Premium Member

17th May 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
It doesnt matter how much money you throw at suspension setups, the M3 will always be more stable through the corners than a nova

Stability doesn't always equal a decent lap time.

The M3 would be more stable, I agree, but a Nova like Oli or Lee's would be better on track than a standard M3, no question about it.

I'd rather have the M3 though.
gunzi

17th May 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^Agreed. Whether Vaux put lots of R&D into the original chassis design isn't the point in question. We are not pitching a std nova against a std M3.

Take a clean ~780kg Nova SR, strip the interior, new sills and replace any remaining rusted parts, fit a racing seat, a 6 point cage, coilovers and strengthen the engine bay before slotting in say a 'mild' 250bhp C20LET.

Even if the novas weight increases to 1000kgs it will still have a much better power to weight ratio than the ~1570kgs M3. IMO on a circuit its the Nova everytime.

FWD cars can be made to handle. Look at the TOTB 3 Handling doc. 1st place FWD (820 Rover) was faster than the 5th place car, an MR2 (total 26 RWD entrants).

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For all you nova haters 22 database queries in 0.2959681 seconds