corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What to do :| (updated)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do :| (updated)
cammack

User status: Offline
20th Dec 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello mate well here's my views....

if its french >>> just dont fecking bother! renault are better than citroen but not by much.

build quality tends to be cheap and shabby! little things are really annoying!

ive had pretty much all the "hot hatches" well not all but a few.

stick to a solid car, much more apprecitaed at end of the day!

good luck!
gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Dec 07 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which would you go for then? Owned any of them?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
MoesTavern

20th Dec 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Aye if heard they have traction issues in the wet. What are they like on fuel? I assume they would be better then the astra with them not been turbo jobbies. Although im not a high milage person so its not really an issue.
Anything to watch out for on them? Ive heard honda are pritty good but there must be some weak points

Engine-wise (provided you keep the oil topped up) it will break down less than a mountain. Everything else is no more or less likely to go wrong than any other car really.
The steering is rather light which you'll know about if you've driven one, the brakes aren't to everyone's taste and the standard stereo and headlights are both shite. You WILL get a speeding ticket at some point, (driving slow doesn't seem to be an option when you're sat in one, it's quite strange) Fuel economy isn't too bad but it's 2.0L so will be a step up obviously.

[Edited on 20-12-2007 by MoesTavern]
Nick A

20th Dec 07 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astra ftw gav

need to get a poll going
FasT09

21st Dec 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106/saxos will probably be least reliable due to the majority of gtis and vtrs/vts's have been ragged as it's mor eboyracer car.

If you find a newish astra/172/182 that dont have to many miles and looks looked after they should be fine as long as you look after it.

and assume ctr is most reliable. but do get ragged alot as vtec is well up in the revs
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Dec 07 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Aye if heard they have traction issues in the wet. What are they like on fuel? I assume they would be better then the astra with them not been turbo jobbies. Although im not a high milage person so its not really an issue.
Anything to watch out for on them? Ive heard honda are pritty good but there must be some weak points

Engine-wise (provided you keep the oil topped up) it will break down less than a mountain. Everything else is no more or less likely to go wrong than any other car really.
The steering is rather light which you'll know about if you've driven one, the brakes aren't to everyone's taste and the standard stereo and headlights are both shite. You WILL get a speeding ticket at some point, (driving slow doesn't seem to be an option when you're sat in one, it's quite strange) Fuel economy isn't too bad but it's 2.0L so will be a step up obviously.

[Edited on 20-12-2007 by MoesTavern]

Cheers mate dont think the fuel will be that more then my current tuned and overfueling 1.6

gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:

Drove an astra gsi this weekend and really liked it. Still felt like a nible car for its size. Everything about it I liked. Just need to get another drive in a honda ctr to confirm my opinion on it. Clio is out good fun car and suprisingly quick. But with the money I am spending I am looking to move up in the world of build quality etc.

Dont really know what the astra I was looking at was worth. IMO it was a bit over priced.

Its £8750

arden blue
46,000 miles
FVSH
1 owner
HPI clear
few little mods: irmy grille, smoked rear lights, coupe front lights, remus exhuast and lowered 30mm 50mm on ebaich springs.
Just had cam belt etc done in the last service by vauxhall and the dealer will give it a full 12 month MOT and four new tyres as the rears are low.

Lowest he would take for a quick sale was £8500

Another thing thats questioning is that the bonnet looks like it has been resprayed if you look closly at the underside leading edge when its open.

Anyway Im going to drive a CTR again before I make any decisions

[Edited on 24-12-2007 by gavin18787]

JM_16v

24th Dec 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what update
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucked up read above ^^^

JM_16v

24th Dec 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTR i want one.. whats the insurance like on them gav. whats going to happen to the gsi then?
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know what is happening to the gsi as of yet. For me the CTR is £1500 to insurance. Alot but I dont mind paying it tbh.

Only thing I was suprised by with the astra is it wasnt as fast as I was expecting. Although there was me my dad and possibly the biggest car sales man in the world in it

JM_16v

24th Dec 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that third party, i wouldnt mind a new car when im 21 and but if i got a loan would have to be ully comp insurance
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fc, wouldnt entertain doing it third party on a car over 3.5k

JM_16v

24th Dec 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same here gav thats not to bad,
Warren G

24th Dec 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that silver astra gsi is just plain sex

personly after working on a few french cars - never again, rear torsion bars, sod doing another seized one what a bitch,

but if your not working on them, then!!

the problem is the gsi is too nice

and you have u2u
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warren you have confused me further

Astra is nice but the corsa does put a smile on my face nearly all the time when im in it. Astra is very nice but maybe a bit tame and could very easily get you in trouble as going fast in it doesnt feel fast if you get what i mean

jams

24th Dec 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im a jap head so im going to say ctr
i miss mine and im buying another when i sell my lexus
have you thaught about an intergra type r? dc2? best front wheel drive car ever made in my view and im sure a few others to i have also owned one of these there ace!
what ever you do dont by french the realy wank
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 07 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would like a teg but they are too dear on insurance

Fad

25th Dec 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
i test drove a 172 cup it was quicker then the 182 i drove after! also ive owned an astra gsi mk4 was really boring sold it after a month

This is why I sold my Astra

I've owned or driven all of the cars above and if it were me it'd be between the CTR or the Clio. Both renowned cars and rated quite highly by Evo.

Astra was bland and not really that entertaining to drive and in the wet I've seen more gracefull hipo's!

At the moment it seems you want t step up in terms of build quallity sacrificing the main core of owning a car.....driving pleasure.

Both the Clio and CTR are great drives but if your worried about build quality go for CTR as it ticks several boxes IMO. I Chose the clio over a CTR as i felt it was a more focused car and the steering wasn't as vague as the feel of the CTR.

Gav choose a car that has good press not what people say on here as IMO none of them have driven any of the above (or a decent perfromance car) and are making comments that is simply like cluctching at straws.

If you want cheap frills for a year though the Saxo comes highly recomended as I love my bro's VTR, its had a hard life and hasn't broken once or failed to start! So all the reliability comments are rubbish and even now with pertrol as expensive as it is it still returns 100 miles to £10 driven spiritedly!
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Dec 07 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the input fad

Think ctr is the one on the cards

Just got to wait for the right one to appear

Cole

25th Dec 07 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a friend of mine just bought a ctr from a guy at work he needed cash asap got it for 4k bargain
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Dec 07 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright for some

[Edited on 25-12-2007 by gavin18787]

Cole

25th Dec 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he would probably sell it to you in the new yr for a little profit thats why he bought it to sell on he has no rush to sell it as he wants to sell his tme evo6 1st
jams

26th Dec 07 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 26-12-2007 by jams]
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Dec 07 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why the jams

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What to do :| (updated) 23 database queries in 0.5845299 seconds