corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ronaldo

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ronaldo
Iian

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
(Arsenal are great fior this as they dont put gossip or bollocks like that on like Man Utd do)

Agreed. Spurs put up on their site about signing Bostock the other day, yet on every other website, it was saying they have refused Spurs to make contact etc.

United put on their site about Ramsey, when really there wasnt much point - all they had agreed was a fee. May aswel just wait until you actually sign the player. Stops all the media-mania.

[Edited on 05-06-2008 by Iian]
Aaron

5th Jun 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC have hold of the story now - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7439031.stm
Nath

5th Jun 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he told respected Brazilian website Terra.

Where is Jizy when you need him.
Cosmo

5th Jun 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I feel if he leaves cosmo's prediction about not winning fuck all without buying a striker might just come true (by +1 year )

There are 40 reasons why you would miss him tbh

Always proved right in the end
J da Silva

6th Jun 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terra is a fairly good source, not 100% accurate 'all' the time, but they work with the US media, Globo is the main Brazilian news source though.
Russ

6th Jun 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I feel if he leaves cosmo's prediction about not winning fuck all without buying a striker might just come true (by +1 year )

there 100 million reasons why they wouldnt lol

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Russ]
J da Silva

6th Jun 08 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

there 100 million reasons why they wouldnt lol

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Russ]

Throw Robinho, Diarra and Metzelder in there and I'm sure it adds upto £160m.
Marc

7th Jun 08 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll probably get a few Leeds, Bradford and the token Liverpool fan tell me I'm bound to say this, but:

United (United being Manchester for the pedantic members out there, there are a few after all. Not Cosmo, hes an upstanding member of the footballing community) have had several big stars over the years, not all of them wingers, been a few big name strikers too. When Fergie, the club has felt they have got too big for their boots/the club they have moved on. The same is looking likely for Ronaldo. Hes had a brilliant season, especially after his seasons where he showed glimpses of greatness yet fell short and not forgetting his season just gone that made every Liverpool fan in Manchester fill their pants. The team always moves on though and another big name/player comes along who becomes a star is adopted by the fans and the former is relegated to club past. If Ronaldo leaves, which is likely then Park is more than capable of playing on the right wing. BUT we will need a proven striker to fill the void left by Ronaldo, as capable as Park is as a winger he won't get the goals that Ronaldo got us last season.
Cosmo

7th Jun 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree with you on managing to move players on and having someone waiting in the wings to replace him (you've done so with Beckham, RVN, etc.).

I think this is a different situation though, as replacing Beckham wasnt really too hard for his footballing abilities, it was only his branding you missed most. RVN was replaced by Ronaldo who you already had in there scoring goals.

Replacing someone who scores you 30+ goals a season is another thing though. Those types of players dont come along easy, and certainly not cheap, so it could be hit and miss with who you replace him with.
antscorsa

7th Jun 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to see santa cruz at man u!!
see what he can do with those types of players around him!!
Tom

7th Jun 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's it, ronaldo is a special talent that gives an extra dimension whenever he's on the ball. You will quite easily replace him with a normla right winger but as said you will need a proper prolific striker to score goals, rooney doesn't look like ever being prolific and there's not enough left if ronaldo leaves to be able to patch over the void left by his massive boots! Be interesting to see who you buy in if he leaves.
Nath

7th Jun 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mummy says he isn't leaving (this year)
Cosmo

7th Jun 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Mummy says he isn't leaving (this year)

I had seen that - wasnt she the one telling him to leave not long ago?
Nath

7th Jun 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who knows. Seems a bit fucked up how he said he doesn't promise anything to anyone, not even his Mum, then she says that.
Danny P

7th Jun 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why doesn't he just sign a new contract, or fuck off

Cant be that hard to decide can it, I mean, whats an extra 30k to somone who earns millions a year anyways?
Nath

7th Jun 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He only signed a new deal last season IIRC.

It's a farce really. Why would you want this speculation hanging around during a massive International Tournament.
Danny P

7th Jun 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
It's a farce really. Why would you want this speculation hanging around during a massive International Tournament.

Becuase he's a little cheating, greasy, money grabbing Portugese cunt thats why
Nath

7th Jun 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is that
DC90

7th Jun 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I totally agree with you on managing to move players on and having someone waiting in the wings to replace him (you've done so with Beckham, RVN, etc.).

I think this is a different situation though, as replacing Beckham wasnt really too hard for his footballing abilities, it was only his branding you missed most. RVN was replaced by Ronaldo who you already had in there scoring goals.

Replacing someone who scores you 30+ goals a season is another thing though. Those types of players dont come along easy, and certainly not cheap, so it could be hit and miss with who you replace him with.

Agree completely. As a united fan I was gutted to see Becks and RVN leave but we replaced them, I feel we missed Becks a bit at first but was nothing too major.

With Ronaldo where ever he is, whether in open play or having a free kick, you always feel as if he can do something special. Can we replace this to a standard such as his? I doubt it. Can we carry on winning things without him? I think yes, we can, but we will need to rely on more than just one player now. Without Ronaldo we looked a different team, not as dangerous. If he leaves i'd want 2 or 3 players brought in who we could rely on to perform week in week out like he does.
Cosmo

7th Jun 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC1990
If he leaves i'd want 2 or 3 players brought in who we could rely on to perform week in week out like he does.

You could only replace him with one player on the pitch
Robbo

7th Jun 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both Wenger and Ferguson have proved they can replace top top talent BUT this is altogether different... this is a guy whos score dover 70 goals in 2 years... NO-ONE can instantly repalce that and take ronaldo out and utd dont have anyone who bangs them in consistently and bar RVN/Torres... very few make an instant impact

Will be hard to do regardless of the money involved
J da Silva

7th Jun 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look at Nani and think he reminds me of C. Ronaldo when he first arrived, only I think comparing their first seasons, Nani is better, Fergie has prepared the future, mould that confidence and skill level to make it mature, so maybe he doesn't expect Ronaldo to hang around for long, especially after he flirted with Madrid after the 'Rooney wink' incident.
Russ

7th Jun 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man utd wouldnt sell him anyway omho. hes worth more to them if he leaves for nothing in 4 years.. if you know what i mean
Jules

7th Jun 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Both Wenger and Ferguson have proved they can replace top top talent BUT this is altogether different... this is a guy whos score dover 70 goals in 2 years... NO-ONE can instantly repalce that and take ronaldo out and utd dont have anyone who bangs them in consistently and bar RVN/Torres... very few make an instant impact

Will be hard to do regardless of the money involved

Henry hasn't been replaced yet imo
Nath

7th Jun 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He sure hasn't!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ronaldo 23 database queries in 0.0138559 seconds