corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible)
Colin

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Yarp! Either way, good news mate

Colin

5th Jun 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q. Does anyone know.

If I report this to my insurance & tell them ive been hit, the person responsible drove off but were caught on cctv & I believe ive now found the car that hit me & have reported it to the police. Will they hold that against me as having an accident - likely to loose my years ncb or have an accident on my record?

DaveB

5th Jun 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
Maybe they didn't know they'd hit it?

If it was across a small area I would tend to accept this, however the damage extends over a foot & half along the side of my car. They must have heard/felt something. Just an arsehole that doesnt care imo!!

Any dents or anything? The pictures don't show a foot and a half of damage
Colin

5th Jun 08 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The scrapes go from half way along the spoke of my alloy to the very end of my bumper insent before it turns along the rear of the car. The photo's arnt the best but the damage is there!!

The arch has been pulled in a bit & has a slight kink in it.

[Edited on 05-06-2008 by Colin]
Ecosse Sport

5th Jun 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Q. Does anyone know.

If I report this to my insurance & tell them ive been hit, the person responsible drove off but were caught on cctv & I believe ive now found the car that hit me & have reported it to the police. Will they hold that against me as having an accident - likely to loose my years ncb or have an accident on my record?

They'll claim off their insurance. For the amount of damage and the hassle of going through the insurance I'd just wait and speak to the owner when they return their car, get a few hundred quid off them and then put the car on pistonheads for sale.
John

5th Jun 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll count against you until such time as they can claim it back off the third party colin.

What i'd possibly do is wait for him to come out, say you hit my car, the damage shows you did, the cctv shows you did, you'll be paying for the damage.

Take it from there when you guage his reaction.
pow
Premium Member

5th Jun 08 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Q. Does anyone know.

I wouldn't. It'll be put down as an accident and as you have no concrete proof that it wasnt you, they might try and pin it on you.
Colin

5th Jun 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking amicably with the owner was thrown out the window when they decided to drive away withourt reporting it.
pow
Premium Member

5th Jun 08 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin you have a temper as bad as mine
deano87

5th Jun 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news you've traced the car.

Also, what's your excess? That might be the same as the repair, so definitely not worth claiming
DaveB

5th Jun 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Speaking amicably with the owner was thrown out the window when they decided to drive away withourt reporting it.

You are assuming they know they hit your car though!

There's numerous men/women at work here that I see nudge and ding other cars, low lying rocks in our grounds and so on. They just drive off. Mention it to them and they have no re-collection of it. You're assuming that everyone is as diligant a driver as you are; not everyone is. You should approach the person first.
Tom

5th Jun 08 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus man you defo need rid once it sorted.

I would go and get it costed by a few places right now, you can always present the bill to the fucker who drove into you and threaten to press charges unless he pays up not really sure if you can 'press charges' but would assume it's some form of criminal damage rather than an accident as they drove off. I would be dubious about claiming regardless tbh, that many claims in a short time is never going to look good at renewal time.
Jambo

5th Jun 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colin any claim, even if its a £0 no claim accident will count against you. I still have to declare mine nearly 3years ago now and cost insurance nothing but i still pay more! Insurance companies are cunts.

Approach them and ask them to pay. U have cctv of him parking next to you and the damage corresponds to yours. Id say thats hook, line, sink her. If he/she protests shop em to the fuzz and let them deal with the consequences of not being responsible for their actions.
John

5th Jun 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the police do something it'll probably be trawled through the insurance with you having an unsettled claim, if he gave you a few hundred quid it would save all that hassle.
Colin

5th Jun 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took some better pics

I dopnt think for a second someone could do that without realising. If so then their fucking braindead & shouldnt be behind the wheel of a car!!
myke

5th Jun 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks far worse than the other pic made it look.
i'd be tempted to put a note on their car if they park there regularly.

hope you get some re-compense anyway.
John

5th Jun 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does look like they've just caught it, I agree with they shouldn't be driving but with the people you do see driving it wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't know.
johnhara1

5th Jun 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go through your insurance.

Go through winn solicitors and they'll investigate everything. You'll not pay a penny of your excess either.

Robbo

5th Jun 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Maybe they didn't know they'd hit it?

If it was across a small area I would tend to accept this, however the damage extends over a foot & half along the side of my car. They must have heard/felt something. Just an arsehole that doesnt care imo!!

Any dents or anything? The pictures don't show a foot and a half of damage
Not being funny mate, and I dunno bout others, but I know when ive so much as driven thriough anyhting more significant than a puddle let alone scarpigninto a parked car, u can ALWAYS hear and feel when a car catches anythign else so theres no way this guy doesn tknow what he did

Hopefully he'll admit, then get it done through his Ins (I wouldnt mention anyhting to Ins until such Col as per Jamberino!) and then he will get done for leaving the scene
Ben G

5th Jun 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the person that said he might not have known -

i've scraped my bumper on a peice of metal whilst doing 1mph and i bloody felt that.
Colin

5th Jun 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im not going to tell my ins, wouldnt claim from them anyway.

Ive had a quote for £200 + vat for repairs, however theres nothing they can do with the wheel as nowhere can colour match it so id be left with a scabby wheel unless I can hit him for that aswell which would be 400+ all in.

Think i'll bide my time & wait on the police getting back to me, if I see the driven in between i'll tell him ive got proof he hit my car & drove off & if he doesnt pay up................
Robbo

5th Jun 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your insurance claim like for like replacmements? Most do
DaveB

5th Jun 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
the person that said he might not have known -

i've scraped my bumper on a peice of metal whilst doing 1mph and i bloody felt that.

That's you. Not everyone is the same. In Yorkshire the only reason most foreigners get a driving license is because the person giving the driving test is related to their mothers sisters brothers wifes who lives in India, but has the same last name as their Aunties cousin who is taking the test.

Driving competancy is massively going down hill. You shouldn't base everyones driving capabilities on your own
Eck
Premium Member

5th Jun 08 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastard This is the lord telling you that derv and yourself don't mix!

But seriously, hopefully it is that person, and you get it sorted on their insurance
Mobby

5th Jun 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get 8 points for leaving the scene of a accident

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh Just great.................(update may have found the car responsible) 22 database queries in 0.0159621 seconds