corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remember remember...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author remember remember...
Corsa_Scotty

User status: Offline
28th Sep 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be intresting if the cars were tryed on 2 different rollers to see if there were any differences
ste2k07

28th Sep 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no my sister has a print out that STATES BHP from courtenay .. we tuck this to pv for chris to look at but he dident turn up ..................

and as for total vauhall asking for fly figures thats bollox as it states in thier write up of us that they ask for wheel BHP for thier leauge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So start again here please
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What does that prove Chris, I'm not clear.

the dyno dynamics one says flywheel power.
jr

28th Sep 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, regardless of what people are saying, theres no way a xe without tb's made 202 at the wheels

argument over on one car as far as i can see
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
sorry, regardless of what people are saying, theres no way a xe without tb's made 202 at the wheels

argument over on one car as far as i can see

there i also no way mine made 143, the 1.2 corsa made 79 the 1600 make 107.
jr

28th Sep 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say you dont need maths to work that out, just common sense
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Sep 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste2k07

and as for total vauhall asking for fly figures thats bollox as it states in thier write up of us that they ask for wheel BHP for thier leauge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So start again here please

I know 2 people in the TV league, mine is in as well soon. they asked me for flywheel figures, and all of the figures quoted in the league are at the flywheel.
ste2k07

28th Sep 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your all adament im wrong, you all put together for our cars to be RE-ROLLING ROAED to prove me wrong

But untill then all i have to say is all 3 of these people cant be wrong no matter who has what on here.

They are all qualified in what they do and its on black and white what the powers were .. so

PROVE ME WRONG with our cars being retested !
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said on MSN, the figures will be pretty much the same if they are all redone..

what does this prove?
ste2k07

28th Sep 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you take the cars to a place where its read at the fly and get them re tested to prove that the results in the total vauxhall are wrong
Ste L

28th Sep 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the results in total vauxhall are right...

for flywheel figures

[Edited on 28-09-2008 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no need to retest the cars. The figures are correct, they're just fly not wheel.

The Vauxhall figure of 199 for a Z20LET is fly.

The road figures of 255 and 267 for your car are fly.

Quite why we need lengthy debate, retesting of cars or criticism of how the site is run I'm not clear.
Russ

28th Sep 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nor me, just a simple error, being blown out of all proportion
Russ

28th Sep 08 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste2k07
if your all adament im wrong, you all put together for our cars to be RE-ROLLING ROAED to prove me wrong

But untill then all i have to say is all 3 of these people cant be wrong no matter who has what on here.

They are all qualified in what they do and its on black and white what the powers were .. so

PROVE ME WRONG with our cars being retested !
we believe the figures chap, but they are flywheel figures, before the transmission eats the horses up
ste2k07

28th Sep 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but what im trying to say is .. its not an error, this was brough up ages ago and i spoke to total vauxhall and they phoned hi-tech to confirm that it was at the wheel BHP figure for thier TV league......

As it says in the script
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And did you not wonder at the time about the anomalies at outlined in this thread? Consider for more than 30 seconds that some of the power figures go against probability.
Corsa_Scotty

28th Sep 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There's no need to retest the cars. The figures are correct, they're just fly not wheel.

The Vauxhall figure of 199 for a Z20LET is fly.

The road figures of 255 and 267 for your car are fly.

Quite why we need lengthy debate, retesting of cars or criticism of how the site is run I'm not clear.

Precisely well said Ian
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if anyone can find the old brochures I'll verify that the Z20LET figure is fly. Looking at the new ones but it's not clear. I can guess it that they're quoting 240ps for an LEH and if that were wheels then multiplying that up for a fly figure would sell more cars, and I'm asking why they didn't do that?

Is it because the quoted figure is already fly? Is it because they bench test the engines and quote that, not introduce all sorts of opportunities to get it wrong, which being a manufacturer they can't do?

But still, I'll keep looking in order to actually verify what it is that I'm saying, rather than just say someone else said it's true therefore I blindly believe it. I couldn't gaf what career they all have. If I doubt something I generally will try and find actually what is going on. Not win an argument on the internet by repeating the same figures we've all seen many times. It doesn't prove anything.

Someone find me a coupe turbo brochure PDF.

[Edited on 28-09-2008 by Ian]
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did find one boss, ill go see if i can find it, might have to MSN it tho,

actually i think i hav the tech cd for both z22se and the z20let, but i dont know if its proof of power output.

[Edited on 28-09-2008 by chris_uk]
jr

28th Sep 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0i 16V Turbo Petrol 0-60 Top Speed BHP
2.0i 16v Turbo 2d 7.0 s 152 mph 197 bhp (more info)
2.0i 16V Turbo 888 2d 7.0 s 152 mph 189 bhp (more info)
2.0i 16V Turbo Linea Rossa 2d 7.0 s 152 mph 189 bhp (more info)
2.0i 16V Turbo Edition 100 2d 7.0 s 152 mph 187 bhp
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brochure James, that's not clear where it's read.
jr

28th Sep 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i dont know if its proof of power output.
If it's a quote figure from the manufacturer then you need the small print tells you how it's measured. I'm sure the old ones used to explain it.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Sep 08 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
sorry
You didn't think you were going to come along that late and close that in one post did you
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Sep 08 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » remember remember... 22 database queries in 0.0167909 seconds