corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Battle of Britain

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Battle of Britain
Pete_vxl

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont care what the biased commentators say on scottish tv celtic were out played. end of.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by Pete_vxl]
JM Curdy

21st Oct 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some amount of goals in 8 games in europe tonight! :O
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

33 goals in total, including two off side ones for the scum.
col

21st Oct 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
33 goals in total, including two off side ones for the scum.
liverpool wernt playing tonight
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glorious failure again......who was it that said our away record was underpinned by that

2 offside goals allowed, 1 onside goal chopped off.....shocking display from the linesmen.

We actually had the 2 best chances in the first half second was a different matter right enough.
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time for Strachan to go, should have been sacked ages ago but winning a minor league saved him.
He is taking on average Championship and SPL players, failures such as Scott Brown, Paul Hartley, why he got rid of Gravesen I don't know, he said he couldn't find a system to suit him, SO BUILD THE TEAM AROUND HIM THEN!! Idiot.
Other blunders, letting their hardest worker and best striker at the time go, Kenny Miller, I know he's not Premiership material but in SPL he is good.
He inherited a good team and made it average.
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, Gravesen and Miller are fucking useless and always will be

He inherited a team and his initial remit was to slash the wage budget and rebuild a younger side with a couple of bigger name players. He hasn't had anywhere near the financial backing of O'Neill yet has achieved more.

The reason people don't take to him is the fact he's a nippy little shit that can be arrogant on occasion......he's also not a 'Celtic man'

He's done a superb job in my opinion, he has a job for life at Parkhead and if he continues to win the league season after season he'll never be sacked.
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like him as a chap, he is rather funny and his interviews are class, it's not about Strachan as a man, I just feel that Celtic can't compete with the CL elite anymore, and they used to, that's what is annoying.
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst we reside in the SPL we never will unfortunately
Robbo

22nd Oct 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linesmen have continued to be the weak link this season IMO... its simply not good enough anymore... that one at the weekend was a joke... darren bent IIRC
Robbo

22nd Oct 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I like him as a chap, he is rather funny and his interviews are class, it's not about Strachan as a man, I just feel that Celtic can't compete with the CL elite anymore, and they used to, that's what is annoying.
i think thats more other teams goign forwards than celtic going backwards tbf
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well when I compare season after season the CL, you look at how they played against the likes of Barcelona and Milan, Shakthar, and Man Utd previous to last night, and then you look at the shit which was running about without a clue last night, Lee Naylor, Robson, Brown and Hartley in the CL? It was a joke, mind you they got found out anyways. But then you look at the players which have some class, Caldwell and McManus, Nakamura and Boruc, some good ability with alot of patience and loyalty IMO.
It's better to compete and lose than to not compete at all.
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

No, when you have the ball, it wouldn't matter if there was 10 C.Ronaldo's and a Gk infront of you, 'YOU' have possession, so keep it, it's what Celtic used to do well.
Robbo

22nd Oct 08 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but then look at the top scorer form la liga last season, he now plays for fenerbache... the scots ahve always had a job on attracting top talent but thats become veen harder more rceently IMO as teams crop up in foreign countires that can attract more qualioty players (Im not tryign to say Dani Guiza would ahve gone to celtic but IMO Fenerbache arent a big side)
Robbo

22nd Oct 08 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, when you have the ball, it wouldn't matter if there was 10 C.Ronaldo's and a Gk infront of you, 'YOU' have possession, so keep it, it's what Celtic used to do well.
i dint mean on the pitch lol i just meant other teams are gettign better and stronmger rather than celtic necessarily gettign weaker
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well when I compare season after season the CL, you look at how they played against the likes of Barcelona and Milan, Shakthar, and Man Utd previous to last night, and then you look at the shit which was running about without a clue last night, Lee Naylor, Robson, Brown and Hartley in the CL? It was a joke, mind you they got found out anyways. But then you look at the players which have some class, Caldwell and McManus, Nakamura and Boruc, some good ability with alot of patience and loyalty IMO.

We've never competed away from home in the Champions League, it's a sad fact.

Also we were playing the European champions in their own ground with such an embarrasment of talent they can leave Tevez on the bench and bring in a youth academy graduate at centre half and he looks absolutely outstanding. We simply don't have the financial clout to compete with Man United, that's not our managers fault.
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So would you say the Celtic team of now is better than the one that always gave the big teams a good go say 3 to 5 seasons ago?

Robbo

22nd Oct 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necy but the teams they are playing are much stronger also and they cant attract the kind of players like the henrik larssons and thomas gravensens etc as they now end up ion even more far flung places than previously
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

Also we were playing the European champions in their own ground with such an embarrasment of talent they can leave Tevez on the bench and bring in a youth academy graduate at centre half and he looks absolutely outstanding. We simply don't have the financial clout to compete with Man United, that's not our managers fault.

I can see your route, I think your taking my point slightly out of context, what I mean is celtic have always done a good job with they could afford, and generally made it hard to be broken down, now it's asthough they are happy with keeping it down to a low score.
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not necy but the teams they are playing are much stronger also and they cant attract the kind of players like the henrik larssons and thomas gravensens etc as they now end up ion even more far flung places than previously

Man Utd are better, Villareal are better, Aalborg aren't that good though, although when Man Utd beat Celtic at OT a few seasons back 3-2 they really gave them a game, and Man Utd were not all that last night.
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

I can see your route, I think your taking my point slightly out of context, what I mean is celtic have always done a good job with they could afford, and generally made it hard to be broken down, now it's asthough they are happy with keeping it down to a low score.

I think your opinion could change after the next 2 home game's! Your starting to sound like more of a typical Celtic supporter than me, lose 1 game and we're terrible, win one and we're the bee's knee's
J da Silva

22nd Oct 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've thought my thoughts ever since the middle of last season tbh, I take an interest in Celtic because Glasgow is where some of my family are from. I'll go watch the old firm games etc...
Hammer

22nd Oct 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know mate!

I'm used to watching Celtic being turned over away from home in Europe, that's 7 years now so i don't get too uptight in the aftermath. After beating Milan, Benfica and Shaktar last year the polar opposite happened, everyone was saying we were brilliant again i tend not to go overboard as shit hits the fan 2 weeks later.

If we don't beat Aalborg away however i'm going to go support Partick Thistle or something i'm sick of this rollercoaster.
strick206

22nd Oct 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last nights game was certainly different to 2 years or so ago

I went for a can at the off license around the corner from OT, hundreds of celtic fans there, seemed very pleasant, alot were singing "We're not Rangers, We won't wreck your town" or thats what it sounded like because i couldnt understand a word they fucking said

Got my beer and went towards the ground to the alcohol cordon, police being way to power mad imo regarding the alcohol cordon, we was made to stand a good 200 yards from the cordon, met another couple of celtic fans, was offered a beer or a can of strongbow, nice people, refused as i was driving

2 mins later, some fucking woman on a police horse started to move people towards the ground instead of standing were the other police had made us stand, idiot, caused a couple of probs but nothing anyone didnt deal with, celtic and united just accepted it and moved on a bit with there beer/cider

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Battle of Britain 24 database queries in 0.0141869 seconds