corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it?
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jan 09 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I apologise, I was a bit harsh. You are entitled to your opinion Maybe one day you'll get a better insight!

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Shelley]
jacko198

8th Jan 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell no, would never do it.

I know some one who tried, but the rope snapped so he gave up
cesil

10th Jan 09 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you never know what is goin through ppls mind! my 2 brothers n my mum found a close family friend hanging from his stairs! i was saved from actually seeing it as my mum basically pushed me back out the door as we walked in the room! but ill never forget the look on their faces! truly is tragic when someone takes their life gaz
Graham88

10th Jan 09 at 03:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also on this note, people who throw themself infront of trains are fucking cowards. Take your own life by all means, but don't ruin other peoples. I know Train Drivers who've gone off sick after it's happened to them and never come back to the job because they can't face it happening again.

On the other hand you have the stronger ones who've had 3-4 done to them and they come in the next day, it's just fucking selfish involving other people.
Adam-D

10th Jan 09 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as to the post title, yes it has.
its always followed up by common sense calling me an idiot for thinking it.
Andrew

10th Jan 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has crossed my mind over the years. Has it crossed my mind this week, yes.

Why? Because i'm not happy with my life or myself. Not going into that!

I wouldn't go through with it because it would be my sister to find me and determained to sort out the issues i have.

Some people turn to drink but i'm one just to get on with it. Drink will not sort out your problems!

[Edited on 10-01-2009 by Andrew]
drbeansri

10th Jan 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im hoping to be a paramedic as a career. and its something i will have to deal with a few times... i just believe theres other ways to sort problems out.....
alan-g-w

10th Jan 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I see it, everyone gets depressed at some point. It just depends on your character whether you decide to 'take it on the chin' or spiral into depression. The way I think about it is that if you decide to do the latter it's never going to be of benefit to you - what's so appealing about it? Because at the end of the day, it's a choice not a disease.

Can see why people would see it as an option but as said it's just an easy way out for that person, which causes a great deal of grief for family and friends.
nik

10th Jan 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suicide is disgusting, easy way out for pathetic people who aren't strong enough or deserving of life in the first place. There are people who would love to live even just one more year, but these usually fit young people feel they need to end their life. Everyone has issues and tough times in life, you just get on with it. No time for people like this, and I feel sorry for the family/friends.
cesil

10th Jan 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Suicide is disgusting, easy way out for pathetic people who aren't strong enough or deserving of life in the first place. There are people who would love to live even just one more year, but these usually fit young people feel they need to end their life. Everyone has issues and tough times in life, you just get on with it. No time for people like this, and I feel sorry for the family/friends.

you have strong views mate, everyone has an oppinion! as for pathetic ppl who dont deserve life in the first place, depends on circumstances mate we found out he had cancer n didnt want to bow out on a low. remember all ppl are different on how they handle situations
mattk

10th Jan 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a free life, if you want to end it that ultimatly is your choice
nova_gteuk

10th Jan 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just scanned this thread.

My mate hung himself at aged 18 i was 16 at the time i agree i thought it was selfish at the time,but the years ive had to come to terms with it has just made me realise how messed up he must of been to have done it.And maybe he was better off if the depression affected him that much.

Suicide is not an easy way out.

Hammer

10th Jan 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
Suicide is not an easy way out.

Yes it is, if you can't face up to something ending it is the easiest thing to do.

I know depression is a real illness in some cases but I'm not for a second believing every person that commits suicide has serious mental health issues. Some do it for attention, some because they are weak and yeah some will do it because they're fucked in the head but it is the easy option rather than manning the fuck up and sorting things out.
nik

10th Jan 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cesil
quote:
Originally posted by nik

you have strong views mate, everyone has an oppinion! as for pathetic ppl who dont deserve life in the first place, depends on circumstances mate we found out he had cancer n didnt want to bow out on a low. remember all ppl are different on how they handle situations

I know what you are saying. My Mum died of cancing in 2000, she suffered for a couple of years but didn't take the easy way out. I see it as 2 extra years with her, rather than her being selfish and ending it early herself - I respect her for that. Suicide is always the easy and selfish option no matter what the condition/problem is.
nova_gteuk

10th Jan 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was that easy more people who suffer real illness's would be doing it.

A person who is suicidal is so overwhelmed with feelings of despair and hopelessness that the intensity of their feelings takes over everything else. At that moment in time they honestly feel that their loved ones would be better off without them, they may feel a burden or that their problems are a burden to those around them and may not be able to think rationally about what their loss would really mean to others.

The person who has died would not want the loved ones left behind to live their lives feeling blame, guilt, bitterness but would want their loved ones to move on with their lives. The person did what they felt was best for them at that time. The people left behind can rationalise that it wasn't the best thing to do but the suicidal person was at a stage where they could not see that for themselves and may have felt that by ending their life they were saving others around them from hurt and pain. The last thing they would have wanted to do was to cause you more hurt and pain. A person has to find an alternative way out for themselves - if they cannot see that - nobody really has a right to judge them as nobody else is feeling what they felt, nobody else could see what they could see, even if they seemed happy and coping on the outside, nobody could see what they were feeling on the inside - nobody was living their life but them.

Im quite a depressive person after losing the main people i care about, i think if it was as easy as you say i would of done it along time ago.But its not easy at all.

[Edited on 10-01-2009 by nova_gteuk]
Hammer

10th Jan 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your saying that stuff as if every case is the same, it isn't as simple as they were in a pit of despair most of the time.

Of the people I know to have done one was a drug addict, the other an alcoholic and one was clearly an attention seeker. All 3 could have seeked help and they'd have received it, they decided instead to end their lives and basically destroy their families at the same time.
Jodi_the_g

10th Jan 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Your saying that stuff as if every case is the same, it isn't as simple as they were in a pit of despair most of the time.

Of the people I know to have done one was a drug addict, the other an alcoholic and one was clearly an attention seeker. All 3 could have seeked help and they'd have received it, they decided instead to end their lives and basically destroy their families at the same time.

I agree with you in them cases, but sometimes people think they do not deserve or can get help.

Remember your not going to be thinking straight if your in that frame of mind.

It will appear selfish to other people on the outside, but to the person it might seem like the best opinion.
Mobby

10th Jan 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

life is pretty shit though
cesil

10th Jan 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby

gonna disagree with you on that one mate
RS6

10th Jan 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby

yeah it can be so easy in this day and age to focus on the negative its all your ever hear about in papers, on tv

never really make the most of what we have i feel
Corsa Matt

11th Jan 09 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone that did it. He tied a rope around a tree trunk and places the other end through his sunroof on his car then tied it around his neck. Then floored his car.
I was devistated at loosing a close friend but I also think that it was a selfish thing to do.
I could not do it I don't think. I have too much to live for.
Charlene

11th Jan 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think at this time of the year, and the current credit crunch, more people will end up either wanting to or commiting suicide
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 09 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course there are some cases where it's a release, I'm think terminal illess for one.

However this isn't the case for most teenagers whose life is so terrible because they're a misunderstood emo. When you consider there are many people dying who want to live, to deliberately take a life is completely horrible and ungrateful.

I appreciate that you need to be in a bad place but really, what is so bad? I would rate health above every other single factor of life and if you have it, sort the rest out.
--DAN--

11th Jan 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 17 year old cousin threw himself in front of a train 2 years ago after a stupid argument with his girlfriend. Left his mum, dad and brother and sisters devestated, not to mention the rest of his family and friends. We were brought up like brothers and I miss him like mad but still feel angry towards him. Imo, for somebody with a good family it is the most selfish thing in the world you can do. I also feel so sorry for the driver of the train and the emergency services who have to clean the mess up, not just in my cousins case but any suicide.

[Edited on 11-01-2009 by --DAN--]
alan-g-w

11th Jan 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Of course there are some cases where it's a release, I'm think terminal illess for one.

However this isn't the case for most teenagers whose life is so terrible because they're a misunderstood emo. When you consider there are many people dying who want to live, to deliberately take a life is completely horrible and ungrateful.

I appreciate that you need to be in a bad place but really, what is so bad? I would rate health above every other single factor of life and if you have it, sort the rest out.

Agree with everything there. But are suicide and euphanasia(sp?) the same thing? Not just on paper either - I'd see nothing wrong with someone ending their life due to immense pain, but if you have a terminal illness you should make the most of the time you have left in my opinion (and little experience of these types of things.)

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it? 22 database queries in 0.0175219 seconds