corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread sponsored by Will_Doyle's brain cell

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football thread sponsored by Will_Doyle's brain cell
strick206

User status: Offline
15th Mar 09 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose it was always going to happene eventually beating us at home, it's been 5 years

Happy to let you all enjoy the day, because if it gets Benitez his new contract i think its a win for us, they'll never win the league under him

Also gives us a kick up the arse because we've been slack these last two games

Vidic has been a different class all season and then makes mistakes in this game O'shea isn't good enough at RB, they should just throw Fabio in at the deep end

Carrick has had two stinkers this week, after playing so well for the last few months

Good win for Liverpool, but all but the last of the goals against us this season have come from our mistakes, we made the scum look good today
John G

15th Mar 09 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
we made the scum look good today

You just cant do it can you, you cant admit we played far better then you,

goal one, vidic mistake but torres stil had alot to do.

goal two, peno the same as yours

goal three, a crackin free kick, correct me if im wrong but didnt ronaldo have multiple free kicks today in dangerous areas but failed to produce anythin

goal four, just split you open wit 3 passes to be honest and made VDS look helpless yet again,

To see Old Trafford half empty before a final whistle has been blown is priceless
liamC

15th Mar 09 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ronaldo was wank yesterday.
Ojc

15th Mar 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The look on Fergusons face was priceless.

Fucking cunt.
Aaron

15th Mar 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The look on Fergusons face was priceless.

Fucking cunt.

You didnt expect him to be hanging from the rafters of Old Trafford in joy did you? Of course he's going to be pissed
strick206

15th Mar 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
we made the scum look good today

You just cant do it can you, you cant admit we played far better then you,

I'm not saying you didn't play well, we just made you look better than you were because of how awful we was

Personally i think VDShit could have saved that free kick instead of standing there like a clown

4th goal was one of those that always happen when someone has to go for it in the last two mins, nice finish though
Cosmo

15th Mar 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love it how we have beaten two of the top sides in the world scoring 4 goals against each - and both times its not down to how good we have been, its down to how shit the other team was
MarkM

15th Mar 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will never admit that the reason they played so shit was because of the way we played = so well...

Lets not forget after the 1st goal at Anfield we played them off the park there too...
AndyKent

15th Mar 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I dislike Liverpool, I'd love the smirk to be wiped from all the smug Man Utd faces by 'pool taking the title

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by AndyKent]
JM Curdy

15th Mar 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually didnt think liverpool played all that well yesterday, maybe a bit tighter defence than united, but their goals came from united mistakes which on a better day wouldnt have came, united look better attacking wise but just cudnt find an end product.

hats off though, good result
MarkM

15th Mar 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM Curdy
but their goals came from united mistakes which on a better day wouldnt have came, united look better attacking wise but just cudnt find an end product.

1. I assume you are talking about Torres' and Dossena's goals? Torres hussled Vidic into making his mistake. Before his goal how many times was Vidic/Ferdinand put under pressure. Dossena's goal was a direct ball that went over everyones head. But at that stage we had already won the game.

2. United look better attacking wise than Liverpool? Yet only scored once from a mistake by Reina in rushing out and conceiding the pen. Apart from that and maybe one other moment when Rooney passed across goal they never got near us or looked like scoring. Liverpool scored 4 goals and you still say Man U were the better attacking team? Did you watch the same game? Maybe it was the 5 or 6 attacking free kicks Ronaldo had in which he peppered the crowd/wall? Dont make me laugh.
Marc

15th Mar 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i actually didnt think liverpool played all that well yesterday, maybe a bit tighter defence than united, but their goals came from united mistakes which on a better day wouldnt have came, united look better attacking wise but just cudnt find an end product.

hats off though, good result

I'd agree with that, we slipped up on quite a few times and Liverpool took their chances.
Marc

15th Mar 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
2. United look better attacking wise than Liverpool? Yet only scored once from a mistake by Reina in rushing out and conceiding the pen. Apart from that and maybe one other moment when Rooney passed across goal they never got near us or looked like scoring. Liverpool scored 4 goals and you still say Man U were the better attacking team? Did you watch the same game? Maybe it was the 5 or 6 attacking free kicks Ronaldo had in which he peppered the crowd/wall? Dont make me laugh.

Normally, we are the better attacking team. However yesterday Rooney was rubbish and Tevez looked good in midfield, which would have been fair enough but he was supposed to be playing up front.

Look at who we had towards the tail end of the game, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov, Giggs and Scholes. A line which I'm sure you will agree should be winning matches. The match was already decided by this point though.

You deserved the 3 points yesterday.
MarkM

15th Mar 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you the better attacking side at Anfield earlier in the season? Without us Torres playing and Gerrard only for a small part.

I think not.
JM Curdy

15th Mar 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take torres and gerrard out of the squad and you's are mid-table at best
Marc

15th Mar 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Were you the better attacking side at Anfield earlier in the season? Without us Torres playing and Gerrard only for a small part.

I think not.

I Wasn't referring to the time we've played you this season, just in general. And defiantley on paper. We all know you've beat us twice this season.
MarkM

15th Mar 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
take torres and gerrard out of the squad and you's are mid-table at best

Mid-table? ok yeah. Torres and Gerrard have started together 9 games this season yet we are second.

Also...

Liverpool 2 Man Ure 1 - Anfield without Torres...and with Gerrard playing a small part.

Uh oh.
Hammer

15th Mar 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think this season could well be seen as a turning point for Liverpool. Don't think they'll win the title but they're now genuine contenders for the first time in a long time.
MarkM

15th Mar 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Think this season could well be seen as a turning point for Liverpool. Don't think they'll win the title but they're now genuine contenders for the first time in a long time.

I hope we invest in the summer in a select few positions...mostly attacking.

If we do we will do alright next season.
Marc

15th Mar 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manchester United 28 33 65
Chelsea 29 33 61
Liverpool 29 28 61

Robbo

15th Mar 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Villa one nil down after 5 mins
Gavin
Premium Member

15th Mar 09 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carew to come on and win us the game

pew pew pew pewwwww
Robbo

15th Mar 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mon u spurs
Nismo

15th Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt want us to win

but on the other hand i did
Gavin
Premium Member

15th Mar 09 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told ya Carew would score... shame he couldnt win us the game

pew pew pew pewwwww

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread sponsored by Will_Doyle's brain cell 24 database queries in 0.0142300 seconds