corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Budget
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 09 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again you're both right (Neo and John), cheap cars it will be fine but nice cars it will just be a false economy
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
It would be an unfair system if the blacks got taxed 60% and whites 40%. It would bean unfair system if females were taxed 60% and males taxed 40%. Those are unfair tax systems. The current tax system is justmaking those who have a lot of money to contribute a little bit more tax than those who are not as well off as themselves!

By that logic then taxing any group more than another is unfair.

What makes it fair to tax someone who earns more money a higher percentage than someone who earns less money. The higher earner would already be paying more tax if EVERYONE was taxed one set %.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why though Willay?

Doesn't effect you does it? So why are you so bothered?

If your parents are earning that kinda money, then they aint exactly strapped for cash, so again, whats the issue?

It just means those earning these kinda wages will have to wait a few more months before buying their 3rd and 4th homes

Is this on topic enough for you and others?

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by VXR]
JonnyJ

22nd Apr 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo is going to be a pauper with this budget
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
why though Willay?

If your parents are earning that kinda money, then they aint exactly strapped for cash, so again, whats the issue?

It just means those earning these kinda wages will have to wait a few more months before buying their 3rd and 4th homes

Or is this a little too off topic for you and others?

Not everyone who earns that sort of money is rich and has 3 or 4 homes you know.

Some maybe earn that sort of money for a few years and try to build a nest egg to survive off for the rest of their lives - how they meant to do that now with half (yes I know how tax bands work once again) their earnings over £100k.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Cosmo is going to be a pauper with this budget

Nah, Ive the benefit of having a Dad who made his money from advising other rich people how to dodge paying lots of taxes
willay
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
why though Willay?

Are you asking me question about the tax class differences or asking about fuel increases? Because I wasnt commenting on the former if you were paying attention.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by pow
And you'd moan at me for moaning about increased fuel price? Can't win can I

why would I moan? I'm moaning about it anyway.

I was only kidding.

Fucking annoying though, taxed out of your own hobbie isn't it.

Personally I'm going to try and make use of this 2k off melarky, I've wanted a new car for a while and I can only see that as helping me get it!

It's gunna have to sip fuel and be peanuts to tax though
willay
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a pedal bike
Boycey

22nd Apr 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everyone got taxed the exact same percentage of their wages then the economy would fold (again) 'Poor' people would have to pay more tax. The minimum wage would have to increase dramatically so thousands of companies would fold up and down the country just because you wanted to make the rich richer! Are you running for PM by any chance?
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If everyone got taxed the exact same percentage of their wages then the economy would fold (again) 'Poor' people would have to pay more tax. The minimum wage would have to increase dramatically so thousands of companies would fold up and down the country just because you wanted to make the rich richer! Are you running for PM by any chance?

Im not saying raise the tax for 'poor' people, Im saying put everyone on that.

Then decrease spending on benefits - might make some of these 'poor' people try a bit harder and get better jobs. It would also make companies become more efficient (like the credit crunch is doing now with companies cutting jobs) and get rid of the poorly run companies.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Not everyone who earns that sort of money is rich and has 3 or 4 homes you know.

Some maybe earn that sort of money for a few years and try to build a nest egg to survive off for the rest of their lives - how they meant to do that now with half (yes I know how tax bands work once again) their earnings over £100k.

But thats your lifestyle CHOICE. You have the finances to be able to retire early and do whatever (im guessing you were born into money, or it became availble as you grew up? Not a whinge, a question).

So whilst your earning enough to consider retiring/leaving early, what about average guy who will never be able to achieve this and has to work all his life (usually REAL work, hard work too, as those paid less are generally do physical harder work). He should be taxed the same as the person who is earning lots and is looking forward to an easy life?

I don't think they should. Seeing both sides of the lifestyle, the poorer man always has finanical issues, and those earning more will never suffer, or understand this.

It aint a whinge at someone, or you, for being rich, but I do think those earning more should be taxed more, like it is in most countries around the world.

Just think yourself lucky you don't live in North Korea!!!!!!!!!!! No-one would have any reason to whinge then, or u'd be put in jail.

People have it so so so easy here really. Contributing more money for earning lots more money, is the right thing to do.
Boycey

22nd Apr 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im not saying raise the tax for 'poor' people, Im saying put everyone on that.

Then decrease spending on benefits - might make some of these 'poor' people try a bit harder and get better jobs. It would also make companies become more efficient (like the credit crunch is doing now with companies cutting jobs) and get rid of the poorly run companies.

That is a completely different kettle of fish! If I had it my way junkies, alkies and wasters who cannot be bothered going out and finding a job would get no money at all! But in the current situation, if you tax everyone the same percentage on their wages then the outcome would be brutal!
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My god I cannot believe someone would be so discriminative towards someone becuase of their financial situation.

try harder, yes, because everyone jsut needs to try harder

Great, so cut those poor running companies out...

So where do all those un-employed people go Cosmo???? who do they work for???

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by VXR]
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That is a completely different kettle of fish! If I had it my way junkies, alkies and wasters who cannot be bothered going out and finding a job would get no money at all! But in the current situation, if you tax everyone the same percentage on their wages then the outcome would be brutal!

But that is where the extra money goes at the moment.

Im all for helping those who NEED it, such as people who genuinely go out and work hard yet still need that extra help for whatever reason - but thats possible with an even tax rate.

Its the wasters in this country that is costing us.
Dr Pepper

22nd Apr 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why everyone is so bothered by keeping the rich, rich in this world.... thats why we are in the mess we are now.

There is a massive poverty problem and wealth gap in the world today- it needs sorting out for the good of everyone- rich and poor.

I know some people are lazy work dodging scum but most people earning under 20k a yea in this country are working just as hard as those that earn over 100k.

Most people who are poor were born into poor surroundings and that is not their fault.

Im sure anyone who is earning the sort of money that falls into this tax bracket will cope- if they really have stretched themselves so thin that this tax increase kills them then thats their own stupid fault
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

A typically rich snobbish comment if ever I read one. My god I cannot believe someone would be so discriminative towards someone becuase of their financial situation.

try harder, yes, because everyone jsut needs to try harder

Great, so cut those poor running companies out...

So where do all those un-employed people go Cosmo???? who do they work for???

Re-read what I said, I said SOME and I said 'poor'. Read the reply to Boycey above to see a full explaination of what that sentence meant.

The demand will still be there once the poor ran companies go tits up. The good workers who have lost their job will get new jobs without a problem. The bad workers will have to reassess their work ethic and either change or be screwed with no money.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasters I totally agree with....

But wasters generally don't work.

Its the middle class who are shafted enough as it is.

Benefits - get everything given.
Rich - can buy anything
Middle class - don't get benifits, but can't afford to just buy stuff like rich folk.

I aint whinging about my financial situation, nor yours before you get all defensive
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Most people who are poor were born into poor surroundings and that is not their fault.

And a lot of people who are rich were born into poor surroundings - so thats no excuse.
James

22nd Apr 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More to the point............ISA limit increased to over £10k from next year.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Wasters I totally agree with....

But wasters generally don't work.

Its the middle class who are shafted enough as it is.

Benefits - get everything given.
Rich - can buy anything
Middle class - don't get benifits, but can't afford to just buy stuff like rich folk.

I aint whinging about my financial situation, nor yours before you get all defensive

So whats your problem with the rich then - if the middle class are the ones who dont get enough and wouldnt get any more even if the rich were taxed 90%?

At the end of the day, you could tax the rich whatever you want and the only people who'll really benefit are the wasters.
Dr Pepper

22nd Apr 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Or it might just increase infant mortality rates, increase substance abuse, increase the amount of people who are homeless, increase petty crime and social violence - and wipe out all the small companies and leave us with tescos who can rape all our a$$es for every penny we have left and completely wipe out independant farming, manufacturing and agriculture in this country once and for all.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I editted mine as I thought the snobbish comment was to harsh. (Well I do need to explain every single thing i type do on here it seems ).

So, poor companies go bust. = No jobs.

Companies get rid of staff to save costs.

That means hundreds, if not thousands of new businesses need to open, and thrive within the next year, or we'd have a national unemployment problem on our hands.

If companies are getting rid of staff to cut costs, why would they employ staff?

think you missing a vital issue here dude
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I editted mine as I thought the snobbish comment was to harsh. (Well I do need to explain every single thing i type do on here it seems ).

So, poor companies go bust. = No jobs.

Companies get rid of staff to save costs.

That means hundreds, if not thousands of new businesses need to open, and thrive within the next year, or we'd have a national unemployment problem on our hands.

If companies are getting rid of staff to cut costs, why would they employ staff?

think you missing a vital issue here dude

You're thinking too complex here, its very simple.

Bad companies go bust (these will usually be the ones with poor customer service/poor service in general) - jobs lost. Good companies become more efficient by getting rid of workers with poor work ethic - jobs lost.

The demand for the product is still there, so the good companies need to employ more workers to handle the demand - the employers with good work ethic who lost their jobs from the bad company get a new job.

Only the bad workers are left, and they have to either change their work ethic or be wasters (and if they choose that option its because they are wasters!).

Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

Or it might just increase infant mortality rates, increase substance abuse, increase the amount of people who are homeless, increase petty crime and social violence - and wipe out all the small companies and leave us with tescos who can rape all our a$$es for every penny we have left and completely wipe out independant farming, manufacturing and agriculture in this country once and for all.

Well lets increase spending on benefits then and allow companies to run inefficiently...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget 22 database queries in 0.0748398 seconds