corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking up 2 carpark spaces
Danny P

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just park in a disabled space, they're bigger so you dont get folk hitting your car, and you only need 1 space.

Win Win IMO
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Just park in a disabled space, they're bigger so you dont get folk hitting your car, and you only need 1 space.

Win Win IMO

TROLL
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

with regards to accidents it would be no ones fault as its calssed as private land

Sadly not.. the Road Traffic Act covers anywhere with public access.

have you tried resolving a claim in a public car park?

Sometimes it works somtimes it doesnt
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

Win Win IMO

TROLL

to be honest thats worse than anything

I also agree with parent and toddler parking although they should allow use for anyone if the car park is full

The amount of times car parks are completely fullt o find every aprent and toddler space free to use
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

If you spent "a lot of money" on your car and you don't want to (potentially) get it scratched then don't park it in a carpark, simples! You parking across two bays (i bet you don't pay for two tickets either....) is just plain ignorance and you're denying some other poor fucker the ability to park his/her car. If people and their £100k cars i see in the local carpark can manage to park in one bay then you and your "£30,000" corsa can do the same

It's just part and parcel of parking in a carpark, either live with it or don't use them!

Actually, this was in carparks where we would be around.

We wouldn't have left D5 in some pikey carpark where Davey would have gone.

And yes, in that situation we DID pay for 2 tickets, when you hayve spent the amount we did on cars, two 30p tickets is not a bank breaker. So apology will be accepted when you give it.

As for the rest, go back and read the post, and see what i've put about busy carparks, we'll excuse the ignorence.....
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I also agree with parent and toddler parking although they should allow use for anyone if the car park is full

The amount of times car parks are completely fullt o find every aprent and toddler space free to use

The whole point of those spaces are for the silly bints that dent your cars when they open their back doors to get the kids out so surely using them defeats the object
whitter45

20th Aug 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The whole point of those spaces are for the silly bints that dent your cars when they open their back doors to get the kids out so surely using them defeats the object

I dont use them but they should be accessible to everyone if a car park is full

I dont think you read the posts properly

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by whitter45]
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
High horse, morality speech.

You are getting all moralistic with me but you are still the one feeling you should be able to disregard the rules and park differently because you think everyone else is a retard and they are going to damage your precious car?

There are lines there for a reason is it that hard to understand? If you are that paranoid dont have a nice car or buy a car that the normal joe will realise is a nice car, to be fair most unedcuated people will just see a white Astra and not give a shit.

What rules...

Go to a carpark, and find me a rule that says you are only allowed to park in 1 space.

Daveys rules, no-one elses.

Everyone else IS retarded, and 90% of people don't care about cars, they are an a to b item, so when you have someone open their car door on you, it makes you angry. I've had many arguements with idiots who have opened their car door, onto the VXR door, whilst we've been IN the car... Which ended up in many rows. Why, cos people don't care...... As you said, people don't care, take 2 spaces in an un-croweded area, and people won't park, as they cannot park there, hence can park closer to whatever they are going to.......

If they don't care or pay attention when they are driving, why would they when parking up to be stationary.

Morals of a fish. Nice one
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
We wouldn't have left D5 in some pikey carpark where Davey would have gone.

I'm quite happy being a pikey are you happy being a big headed wanker?
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big headed, why, becuase I have morals...

Yeah, nice one. Don't talk to me you distinctivly nasty little boy.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using 2 spaces up is asking for trouble in my opinion, would piss people off greatly.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Big headed, why, becuase I have morals...

Yeah, nice one. Don't talk to me you distinctivly nasty little boy.

How? You are being a greedy bastard and calling eveyone else car denting retards? I'm the one popping at you for being greedy and I'm the nasty immoral one?

What planet are you from?

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by DaveyLC]
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah OUTSIDE an entrance.

Why would you be pissed off if its in the middle of the carpark where there are plenty of spaces???

If the carparks busy and its no do-able, you go find another carpark. Thats what people who would take 2 spaces for CAR CARE would do.

Only the muppets will just drive and take spaces how they want. Just some people can't seem to realise the difference.
Danny P

20th Aug 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
to be honest thats worse than anything

I was only joking mate. Seeing folk park in disabled bays when they dont have a badge does my head in.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yeah OUTSIDE an entrance.

Why would you be pissed off if its in the middle of the carpark where there are plenty of spaces???

If the carparks busy and its no do-able, you go find another carpark. Thats what people who would take 2 spaces for CAR CARE would do.

Only the muppets will just drive and take spaces how they want. Just some people can't seem to realise the difference.

But who are you to say the carpark wont get busy while you are there? Can you see into the future too? If so could you tell me what the numbers are for this weekends lottory please.
Dom

20th Aug 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come Damio get your Astra, sorry VXR, posted up here - www.crap-parking.co.uk
Daimo B

20th Aug 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How? You are being a greedy bastard and calling eveyone else car denting retards? I'm the one popping at you for being greedy and I'm the nasty immoral one?

What planet are you from?

Earth?

Greedy??? wtf are you on Are you REALLY that simple fella? Greedy for taking 2 spaces in a 600 space carpark. So so greedy.

Go learn what the words you are using mean Thats engouh for me here, if you can't see it, you wont even understand.
Danny P

20th Aug 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Earth?

Greedy??? wtf are you on Are you REALLY that simple fella? Greedy for taking 2 spaces in a 600 space carpark. So so greedy.

Go learn what the words you are using mean Thats engouh for me here, if you can't see it, you wont even understand.

But WHAT gives you the right? just because you think your car is better than the others in the car park? I've seen Astons, GT3's and Lambo's hapilly parked in a single space so whats so special about peoples cars who feel they have a right to take two spaces?

How about going to the front of queues when you are in a hurry do you think thats right too? I mean if you are in a hurry surely you should have the right to go to the front of all the other people in the queue as clearly their time isnt as important as yours

You sound like you were a spoilt brat as a kid to me to be honest..
Dom

20th Aug 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Earth?

But WHAT gives you the right? just because you think your car is better than the others in the car park? I've seen Astons, GT3's and Lambo's hapilly parked in a single space so whats so special about peoples cars who feel they have a right to take two spaces?

How about going to the front of queues when you are in a hurry do you think thats right too? I mean if you are in a hurry surely you should have the right to go to the front of all the other people in the queue as clearly their time isnt as important as yours

600 spaces gives him the right apparently
a_j_mair

20th Aug 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but I'll bet I earn more money than you do.

what ever next???

My dad has a bigger dick than yours i seen it when he had your mum in the shower

If there are plenty spaces in the car park it doesnt affect me so i dont really care what they do or how many spaces they are over

it does draw attention though as i would probably comment that the couldnt park for shit
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
but I'll bet I earn more money than you do.

what ever next???

I was being called jealous.. Just wanted to make it clear if I wanted an Astra VXR I'd have one.

EDIT: Only one person on this site I am jealous of and that is Steve with the VXR8

alan-g-w

20th Aug 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, trying to argue that taking up 2 spaces is a decent thing to do is like arguing that black is white.

All you need to do is find a space that is far enough away that people aren't going to park next to you. And if you're paranoid about it getting broken into on the top level of a multi storey then why the fuck would you park your car anywhere near said car park in the first place?
a_j_mair

20th Aug 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Earth?

600 spaces gives him the right apparently

he has never said his car was better than those listed above but i bet if he had one of them he would do the same

it is nothing to do with the car as such but rather how the owner percieves and wishes to care for there car

on another note, people parking in parent and child with no chioldren really gets on my wick

every tried squeezing a child in and out a back seat with no space

no wonder cars get bashed
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

20th Aug 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been that anal to park over 2 spaces and I care about my cars an awful lot.
When i had the lightning fair enough sometimes i wouldnt have a choice but i would do it as far away as possible so that it didn't upset other people.
I must admit when i do see cheap cars parked over 2 spaces I am the guy in the astravan that parks as close to you as possible, I would never damage someone elses car but i'd just like to piss them off for the day

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces 22 database queries in 0.2481720 seconds