corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F*cked off. The reason i am now NOT going to trax

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F*cked off. The reason i am now NOT going to trax
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
4th Sep 09 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She doesn't sound like she will back out, the old dear was well apologetic on the phone, poor lass was nearly in tears about it all, don't think she had had a crash before. It happened about 15mins before i posted this thread, if i need CCTV but i also have a independent witness who was nice enough to come over and help me out.

And aye Graham, i actually have 2 2.0 corsas
Toby
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted mate. Where did this happen? Should be able to get the dent out? has the paint cracked much, doesnt look like it from the pictures.
Ben G

4th Sep 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jonny, i had the same sort of bump on my front wing when i first got my focus. i pushed it out a bit and called one of these dent removal guys out and he sorted it without the need for paint as it hadn't cracked.

i'd phone one of these companies up to see if they can do anything before letting anoyone spray it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the colour can be matched easy, you just need a spectrometer, basically you scan any colour in and it finds a match, any competant bodyshop can do it, you can also match most colours by eye, hope you get it sorted as that looks sweet

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Eck
Premium Member

8th Sep 09 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMFG
djmattyh

9th Sep 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the feeling mate, id just bought a mint shell corsa sport only had it a day and was turning right into a junction and some silly old bastard in an audi company car overshot the junction as i was turning. what was worse he said it was my fault and when i mentioned the police he left the scene, i was pissed off to the max. still am tbh hope you get the damage sorted bud.
JonnyJ

9th Sep 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell did you find this Tom?

Anyway while its up here, little update. Paint has been sourced so thats good. Im just awaiting a full written quote from my sprayer to get things moving insurance payments wise.

She has admitted full liability and her insurance has agreed to just pay for the damage fixing on my car straight, instead of the usual way which usually involves my insurance company paying me and claiming it back off thiers. The good thing about it going that way is i don't have to pay my excess which means my bank balance stays healthy

We put down the bumper and bonnet got damaged in the crash so im getting them resprayed too and a brand new alloy to replace the scratched one.

Wont be getting done till October time so hopefully I'll have an update then. Just want it all fixing

[Edited on 09-09-2009 by JonnyJ]
ed

9th Sep 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom's in Vegas at the moment too. You're very privileged to get a reply from him
JonnyJ

9th Sep 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow

If i was in Vegas not only would i not be digging threads on CS, i wouldn't be capable of doing so!

Ta for the reply anyway Tom, hope your having fun.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Sep 09 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how'd you get the bonnet bumper and alloy included

i used to do bodywork insurance estimates an any part of the car we wanted repairing we had to send pics of the damage and get it authorised

??

ifs all allowed by her insurance then yeh fairplay just curious (i got a full irmscher airdam for my old C when my standard bumper bit the bullet lol)

JonnyJ

9th Sep 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a small crack in the paint on the bonnet from where it had been welded for the extensions and the bumper has a chip from a stone of some description, but they are all on the side where she hit me so could easily have been done in the accident.

The alloy has 3 deepish scratches on the spokes and guy at the shop said it would be easier just to get a new alloy than find out the paint code and get the damaged one refurbed.

[Edited on 09-09-2009 by JonnyJ]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Tom's in Vegas at the moment too. You're very privileged to get a reply from him

yes you are lucky indeed, i m back now but i was in L.A at the time waiting for the girls to get ready and there was free internet by reception, any who gotta keep the business rolling in from corsa sport
glad your getting it sorted though mate

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F*cked off. The reason i am now NOT going to trax 23 database queries in 0.0114050 seconds