corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.
Jake

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blokes missus is a slag. get a claim in for that aswell
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Why don't you ask your boss about claiming and see his reaction? Call the boss on Monday?

Will do mate
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your boss will probably help you out with claiming tbh! Wouldn't surprise me. And aye, you will CERTAINLY get in 5 figures, anything north of 10k.
Nath

19th Sep 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that, I'd be straight in there with a claim. A prank is cling film over the pisser, not setting somebody on fire
BluKoo

19th Sep 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus

now.... were can i file a claim?

http://www.cica.gov.uk/

DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
A prank is cling film over the pisser, not setting somebody on fire

Exactly. We've all been the victim of a work prank, and gave a few out I imagine. These guys knew what they were doing though, they wouldn't have poured brake fluid under there in the first place if that wasnt the case. This is just a bit too much.
Paul_J

19th Sep 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get 30k, get a claim in. fuck it if they sack you.
Doug

19th Sep 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
You'll get 30k, get a claim in. fuck it if they sack you.

They cant sack you if you claim. If they did you could just claim again for unfair dismissal
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, that would be a touch imagine the ££££! if i have scarring after its healed il claim, if i dont i wont.
Ben G

19th Sep 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell! thats bad mate.

a mate in work got dermatitis on his hands as work didn't provide him with gloves to hold hazardous chemicals and he's getting circa 9k, so i reckon you'd be well in for a 50k shout there.

post traumatic stress disorder will work wonders here, although it's horrible, the money you will get should be very good and set you up for a house etc
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine 2nd degree burns will result in scarring.
jr

19th Sep 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wont mention how many times ive done this then
Ben G

19th Sep 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if you claim, it doesn't come out the companies pocket either as they have insurance for these kinds of things.

iirc ford puts away £10 million each year to cover itself for injuries at work to it's employees. you won't lose your job and it would be in your best interest to claim.

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by Ben G]
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok in small amounts in the right place, but certainly not that much in a toilet cubicle
Richie

19th Sep 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus
Lol, that would be a touch imagine the ££££! if i have scarring after its healed il claim, if i dont i wont.

Mate to be honest, what's happened to you is out of order irrespective of the fact you are all mates.

They have had their punishment by the loss of their jobs without any reference which will make it very difficult to get another job. The fact you arent pressing charges should be a god send for them.

Making a claim against the company can happen irrespective of the fact you dont press charges - and you need to initiate proceedings sooner rather than later. Chances are the insurance company for the firm will offer an out of court settlement anyway.
SportBoy

19th Sep 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weve done this before at work too .. garage up the road filled the toilet pan with aycetlene or somthing, because one of the lads used to throw fag butts in there and not flush them.

he didnt have much hair left after
jr

19th Sep 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used to light the can after taping down the button on the can then chuck them across the workshop
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite ok thanks il look into it, i dont wanna say too much on here just incase people check up on me.... Is it that simple tho? put in a claim and they all sort it or what?? never claimed for anything before

aucycetaline! Nutters suprised you didnt kill the lad!

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by lozarus]
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Richie says, more than likely they won't want it going to court and bringing the company name down. Especially if it's a well known reputable company.
SportBoy

19th Sep 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
we used to light the can after taping down the button on the can then chuck them across the workshop

epic

we had a trainee a few years ago go upto one of our mechanics with the light and can combo .. the mechanic said you darent .. the lad proceeded to torch his chest and face from about 3 foot away
BarnshaW

19th Sep 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with reference to your claim, my brother had a claim for whiplash last month from an "asian" gentleman in a taxi driving into the back of him, he filled in an online claim and they dealt with everything for him, they are VERY keen to do it all so they get their bit of money.
jr

19th Sep 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
quote:
Originally posted by jr

epic

we had a trainee a few years ago go upto one of our mechanics with the light and can combo .. the mechanic said you darent .. the lad proceeded to torch his chest and face from about 3 foot away

oh flame throwing was a weekly event, wurth brake cleaner granade was a special occasion
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Filling an upturned polystyrene cup with gas then lighting it next to someones feet is allways funny.
am4nf

19th Sep 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recon your boss will probably encourage you to claim, you would be stupid not too
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il see what they say in the week. I'l give him a call because i dont really wanna be seen my face is fucked underneath.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly. 22 database queries in 0.3536420 seconds