corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Vs Birmingham City
mwg

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been a shit load of ridiculous decisions already this season. Its nearly every game a major fuck up happens
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't condone diving but it wasn't as blatent as eduardo's and your lot dive all the fucking time. Gerrard has dived in the past yes but most players have, it's shit but it happens so deal with it, especially you robbo!!
Ben J

10th Nov 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal players don't dive all the time. Yeah Eboue has in the past but tbh he's a crap diver. Eduardos was a one off for him. Nothing on the scale of that disgrace last night.
AlexN
Banned

10th Nov 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
There has been a shit load of ridiculous decisions already this season. Its nearly every game a major fuck up happens
I'd agree with this.
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Arsenal players don't dive all the time. Yeah Eboue has in the past but tbh he's a crap diver. Eduardos was a one off for him. Nothing on the scale of that disgrace last night.

Eboue's a 'crap diver' awesome, maybe he should get lessons from eduardo?

And yeah Ngog is famous for his diving he's up there with klinsman and ronaldo. To suggest eduardo's dive was 'nothing on the scale of last night's' is hilarious
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't condone diving but it wasn't as blatent as eduardo's and your lot dive all the fucking time. Gerrard has dived in the past yes but most players have, it's shit but it happens so deal with it, especially you robbo!!
Ngogs was much worse than Eduardos dude At leats the Celtic defender was clsoe to Eduardo, Ngog leaped a foot that was so far away from him and then in mid air decided not to land proerly and just to go down!
Ben J

10th Nov 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Eboue's a 'crap diver' awesome, maybe he should get lessons from eduardo?

And yeah Ngog is famous for his diving he's up there with klinsman and ronaldo. To suggest eduardo's dive was 'nothing on the scale of last night's' is hilarious

There was contact with eduardo. There was none last night.
mwg

10th Nov 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both cheats IMO
p

10th Nov 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226592/VIDEO-SPECIAL-Ronaldo-Klinsmann-Gerrard-Owen-Gilardino--best-divers-football-history.html

nice from the Mail
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Both cheats IMO
yep, if only we'd have had the services of the ever professional Ronaldo in our side
mwg

10th Nov 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you couldn't afford him
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226592/VIDEO-SPECIAL-Ronaldo-Klinsmann-Gerrard-Owen-Gilardino--best-divers-football-history.html

nice from the Mail
nice!

have to say that owen one is spurious, looks like pochetino leave s aleg out! also that ronalod one is nothign compared to most of his, at least there was a leg to fall over in that casde
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Ngogs was much worse than Eduardos dude At leats the Celtic defender was clsoe to Eduardo, Ngog leaped a foot that was so far away from him and then in mid air decided not to land proerly and just to go down!

I'm not going to argue the minor differences between both (although I could) but I will say is the fact you/benjamin are trying to defend eduardo (or make ngog's seem worse) is hilarious and a bit 'typical arsenal' fan
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Gerrard vid in that link is priocesless, 37s in is the Stevie G flop... just like the one he tried on last night
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226587/THE-OFFICIAL-LINE-Diving-David-Ngog-hang-head-shame.html
_Allan_

10th Nov 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Graham Poll's comment about the referee. This coming from a ref who's had more blatent gaffs then any other I can remember. 3 Yellows

Rob_Quads

10th Nov 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does there need to be contact for it to be a foul? If someone swings an axe at your head and you avoid it does that mean they can't be done for manslaughter?

Normally i hate diving but i think this time he just about gets away with it - why...if he had not have gone down then the player would have taken him down. The problem is if he had jumped the tackle then he would have got nothing for it. Jumping a dodgy tackle should result in the same as a dodgy tackle where there is contact.
Marc

10th Nov 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose if you are blatently running in front of a player and then jumping away at the last minute something might be said. On the other hand it might just be seen that the player was trying to gain contact with the ball. I reckon you would have to be wind milling in before a non contact foul was given.
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Does there need to be contact for it to be a foul? If someone swings an axe at your head and you avoid it does that mean they can't be done for manslaughter?

Normally i hate diving but i think this time he just about gets away with it - why...if he had not have gone down then the player would have taken him down. The problem is if he had jumped the tackle then he would have got nothing for it. Jumping a dodgy tackle should result in the same as a dodgy tackle where there is contact.

This is my opinion on it tbh, although have only seen the replay once. If he'd of not tried to jump the tackle then he would of 100% of been brought down and risked an injury.

I wouldnt class it as a dive for the above reason, but no contact was made.
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Put Gerrard in without Torres etc and you simply aren't good enough. Reina, Mascherano are world class players but you need to get some more of the same quality.

Likewise I think we are lacking something at the moment. Just not on the same scale as you.

Agreed, but at the same time take the two best players out of any of the top sides and the results will be effected.

Id class our top class players as the 4 you mentioned above plus Johnson (he was fantastic yesterday). We've had 3 of those missing or playing injured for large parts this season.

Its no excuse though, as we should still of been able to get results against the teams we havent, such as last night, but any team would be effected if that happened.
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Its bad times when you're scrabbling & cheating just to get a draw at home with Birmingham.

An Arsenal fan talking about cheating...coming from the team that cheats more than any other when things dont go their way

And yes, I do think the top 4 (I did say 4 and not 3) will be the same as normal come xmas.

Todays game was strange. We have been dropping points playing shocking, and ive often come on here saying we have played shite after. Today we actually played well, must of had 90% of the ball in the second half, but got nothing out the game really.

We have improved though and hopefully in 2wks after the break we'll be back at full strength and firing on all cylinders.

Chin up

Aye, at least Im not you.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this dive on YouTube?
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, not much PL stuff stays on there for long these days.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226587/THE-OFFICIAL-LINE-Diving-David-Ngog-hang-head-shame.html
stills here Nath
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tis on there, and why did he have to dive? He shoud've genuinely let Carsley make contact, as he wasn't going to win the challenge.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City 23 database queries in 0.0411439 seconds