corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » School mates... Where are they now?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author School mates... Where are they now?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
12th Nov 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
you went to a school in tilehurst? Jesus explains a lot.

Yes, we used to get ex pupils come in and start on teachers. Mr Raynor once confronted a bunch of them and got put on his arse, it was hilarious.

We just had stabbings, one teacher has his leg broken and my form tutor had 4 ribs broken by someone who had already been expelled.. NICE!
Ojc

12th Nov 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
I got heavily bullied in my last 2 years of school, and barely went to class in my last year because of it.
But I lost alot of mates due to the agro i was getting and that they didnt want any part of it.

Met a new great group of lads outside school and never spoke to anyone from my school again due to bad memories, now days I actually see a few of them around who had bullied me, who are now half my size so I would really love to have a pop at them as they really did make my life feel like shit.

I said to a few people who ive met in the last year who where in the same year as me that I would never go back to the school for anything, but 3 of us decided to go up there in the early hours and have a look around the school's exterior for old times sake.
Actually really helped me, everywhere I walked I could remember something good or bad and brought back lots of memories, was a great experience as I walked out of there over 3 years ago and said I would never go back but did feel really good.

That's shit, I hate hearing things like that. I never bullied anyone and never got bullied, ok we always had a war of words with the sanctimonious girls that used to grass us up for throwing PVA glue over the teachers jacket/back but I was having too much fun to bully people.

There was one lad in our year that got bullied non stop by the same old people, I actually remember feeling sorry for him one day. He was in our form and was waiting to get into our room, outside the usual suspects were taunting him then Alex my mate just went upto him and clouted him on the side of the face, that was the day I lost respect for Alex (now in the Royal Marines). Clark(e) never hurt a fly and was alright to talk to ok he was fat and smelt but he wasn't a bad lad.

I just think about how he must have really hated his school life much like you did and that upsets me.

[Edited on 12-11-2009 by Ojc]
DaveyLC

12th Nov 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never had a problem with bullying and I dont think I did much bullying, I might have picked on the odd person in the heat of the moment..

I always think bullying goes both ways though yeah the bullies will give you crap but if you rise to it and you are not a violent sort of person they will just keep on going..

I can be a bastard on-line and 'pick on people' but its like fishing for me.. If you dont bite I'll go fish somewhere else

[Edited on 12-11-2009 by DaveyLC]
Pablo

12th Nov 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I speak to about 20 odd + maybe
Paul_J

12th Nov 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think bullying is just a natural way of life imo...

You've got a chain of people...

The only people different from the norm are the people at the top and bottom of the chain.

I feel most people do some form of bullying in one form or another. People who often bully are often bullied etc. Unfortunately there probably will be someone at the bottom that doesn't bully but receives the full brunt of the bullying and people at the top who seem to never get bullied. Even the bullys technically were bullied, by each other (playing pranks on each other etc)... it's all a game of one up man ship to impress others.

Often the person who seems the weakest (who doesn't rise to it at all / lets it happen) is the one who will be the target of the majority of the bullying.

Ojc

12th Nov 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The only people different from the norm are the people at the top and bottom of the chain.

I feel most people do some form of bullying in one form or another. People who often bully are often bullied etc. Unfortunately there probably will be someone at the bottom that doesn't bully but receives the full brunt of the bullying and people at the top who seem to never get bullied. Even the bullys technically were bullied, by each other (playing pranks on each other etc)... it's all a game of one up man ship to impress others.

Often the person who seems the weakest (who doesn't rise to it at all / lets it happen) is the one who will be the target of the majority of the bullying.

I didn't bully, and I wasn't bullied. How do you like them apples?
DaveyLC

12th Nov 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody gets bullied at some point.. Its whether you notice it or not
Anty
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Everybody gets bullied at some point.. Its whether you notice it or not

i noticed it
DaveyLC

12th Nov 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to be stronger as a person.
Pip308

12th Nov 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone else get annoyed when people from school try to add you on Facebook when they were just a twat, or never spoke to you for whatever reason.
They had years to talk to you or be friends with you but can only do it over the internet! or is that just me? . . . .
ed

12th Nov 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reject and block all requests FTW.
Ojc

12th Nov 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pip308
Does anyone else get annoyed when people from school try to add you on Facebook when they were just a twat, or never spoke to you for whatever reason.
They had years to talk to you or be friends with you but can only do it over the internet! or is that just me? . . . .

I found it ironic that the other day a girl that I never spoke a single word to who was in the year below was moaning on her Facebook that people she had never spoken to were adding her on Facebook.

Fucking idiot.
Anty
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You need to be stronger as a person.

i try to..

Jake

12th Nov 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost touch with a lot of them but to be fair we're all mostly different people now so to go out for a pint and catch up wouldnt interest me
Paul_J

12th Nov 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Define bullying mate? you sound like you were a pretty agressive lad... just taking the piss out of someone slightly (in a jokey fashion) is essentially classed as bullying... if you did this to someone else, they may say you bullied them...

Surely you had people ripping the piss out of you occasionally for a laugh? This could be classed as you being bullied.

It's all in context... You wouldn't notiice it, as you would class it all as a 'laugh' / 'joke'.

But some poeple may take it a lot more personally, then go home that night and think about what was said / happened to them (despite it just being 'messing around') and get upset about it.

Perfect example of this is... have you ever shouted something out of your car / a car window when with mates? Just for a laugh... like 'Oi Mate, you're a prick' - typical 17 year old yobbo in 1st car style thing to do when with mates protected in your car (Inbetweeners Bus Wankers Style!)... You all have a chuckle and continue on your journey, never really thinking about it ever again.

The person you shouted it at though, will have just out of no where had someone shout something offensive at them, they'll instantly question 'what did they say? why did they say it to me?' ... probably remember it later on, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, you probably didn't realise you were being bullied / bullied people... I personally believe bullying is such a loose term anyway.

I personally don't feel I 'bullied' people in the sense that I'd kick the shit out of them, but I definately used to take the piss out of people for a laugh, 'for a joke' and similarily had the piss ripped out of me 'for a laugh'...

But I can imagine some of the things I said hurting people in the same way I occasionally got hurt by some things people said to me.
Eck
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still good mates with a couple of folk I went to high school with. One of which is a member on here
Hammer

12th Nov 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm mates with all my mates from Primary 1 never mind secondary school. Been, seen and done it all with them. See them all at least once a week without fail.
Lynny

12th Nov 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of my old school 'mates' have several kids to several partners, are on the dole, have done or are doing time and some are dead. I feel I've been reasonably successful!
Shell
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still friends with a good few people from school that were the year above me, but only one or two that were in my year and I RARELY see them.

I don't think people quite realise the effect that bullying can have on people, whether it's a part of life or not. I didn't have the greatest time in my earlier years at school but I know I turned out better.
sand-eel

12th Nov 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Highschool - I rarely see them, some I don't give a shit about even though I "hanged about" with them, and a select few I still talk to on facebook etc.
The university people I still talk to, meet up etc.

[Edited on 12-11-2009 by sand-eel]
Andrew

12th Nov 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost touch with all my school mates, stayed in touch with one of my college mates but he's turned into a coke head (avoid him now!! Twat owes me money as well), don't really hear from my uni mates anymore unless i contact them.
Ojc

12th Nov 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Define bullying mate? you sound like you were a pretty agressive lad... just taking the piss out of someone slightly (in a jokey fashion) is essentially classed as bullying... if you did this to someone else, they may say you bullied them...

Surely you had people ripping the piss out of you occasionally for a laugh? This could be classed as you being bullied.

It's all in context... You wouldn't notiice it, as you would class it all as a 'laugh' / 'joke'.

But some poeple may take it a lot more personally, then go home that night and think about what was said / happened to them (despite it just being 'messing around') and get upset about it.

Perfect example of this is... have you ever shouted something out of your car / a car window when with mates? Just for a laugh... like 'Oi Mate, you're a prick' - typical 17 year old yobbo in 1st car style thing to do when with mates protected in your car (Inbetweeners Bus Wankers Style!)... You all have a chuckle and continue on your journey, never really thinking about it ever again.

The person you shouted it at though, will have just out of no where had someone shout something offensive at them, they'll instantly question 'what did they say? why did they say it to me?' ... probably remember it later on, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, you probably didn't realise you were being bullied / bullied people... I personally believe bullying is such a loose term anyway.

I personally don't feel I 'bullied' people in the sense that I'd kick the shit out of them, but I definately used to take the piss out of people for a laugh, 'for a joke' and similarily had the piss ripped out of me 'for a laugh'...

But I can imagine some of the things I said hurting people in the same way I occasionally got hurt by some things people said to me.

This doesn't make any sense? You are typing for the sake of it.
J da Silva

12th Nov 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still friends with most of my year to be honest, I was quite a popular lad at school because I was a bit daft and cheeky, when we left school we'd just all go to the pubs instead or the lads would all play for the same or nearby football teams etc...
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
That's shit, I hate hearing things like that. I never bullied anyone and never got bullied, ok we always had a war of words with the sanctimonious girls that used to grass us up for throwing PVA glue over the teachers jacket/back but I was having too much fun to bully people.

There was one lad in our year that got bullied non stop by the same old people, I actually remember feeling sorry for him one day. He was in our form and was waiting to get into our room, outside the usual suspects were taunting him then Alex my mate just went upto him and clouted him on the side of the face, that was the day I lost respect for Alex (now in the Royal Marines). Clark(e) never hurt a fly and was alright to talk to ok he was fat and smelt but he wasn't a bad lad.

I just think about how he must have really hated his school life much like you did and that upsets me.

It effected me badly at the time, I had the same mates from year 5 in the school before, and at the end of year 9 the same lads decided that popularity and being hard was more important, i didn't follow them so I became a target.
I forgot all about it over the summer holidays and when i came back into year 10 I remembered what had happened, was probably the worst experience I have ever had coming back to a place I hated and having no friends to talk to.
I started hanging around with another group of lads and kept ourselves to ourselves but soon enough I got targetted again, got attacked twice both in school by my ex-mates who watched and one main lad who thought he really was all that.
Teachers got us together and made us shake hands and said that it was all over now, which is wasn't

I started skipping school, even bought my first corsa at 15 and when i skipped school I always had something to do.
Managed to sruvive most of year 10, then hit year 11, got attacked again on my first day back, also started working at 16 and the lads used to come into work and try it in there aswell.

Felt alone and shit tbh, it came the day that I was fed up, so I got my old man to drop me off where the lad normally walks home, spotted him with 2 of his mates, i started walking towards him and I lost it, hit him in the face, was just soo angry that i knocked him down, no idea if it was the right thing to do of not bit it felt damn good.

It all went silent after that, still a few young lads who used to still give me lip but I just ignored it.

Last year I spotted one of them talking to one of my current mates, Im now twice the size of him, the shit scared look on his face was priceless when i approached him
It still slightly effects me, I went to college for a day, and couldn't handle it so walked out.

At the end of the day people bully and get bullied, and tbh Im glad I got bullied, as I wouldnt be who I am today, and am a much stronger person because of it.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Hammer

12th Nov 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This doesn't make any sense? You are typing for the sake of it.

LMFAO

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » School mates... Where are they now? 23 database queries in 0.0179281 seconds