corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GUTTED - Updated - Both Found!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GUTTED - Updated - Both Found!!
Rob-e91

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CUNTS no other word to describe them... hope they get caught
Fad

2nd Dec 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am so gutted for you mate, two really nice cars you had there

Couple of nice cars got nicked round the corner from me recently they literally kicked the front door in and took the keys to a Range Rover Sport and a Z4.

Now cars cannot be stolen without keys they will go to extra lengths to get them!

I sincerely hope you get them back asap
corsa-sxi

2nd Dec 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what puts me off getting a moderately nice car, i mean, they aint supercars, just something you treat yourself to and you cant have them...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for ya mate.

My mate in Warrington had the same with his Leon Cupra R a couple of months ago. His got found in a unit in Huddersfield along with 2 more Cupra Rs, one cut in half, the other heavily stripped then there where 2 S3s both part stripped and an untouched TT with a Tracker, hence how they found em lol (refuse to use the smilie) Luckily my mate's had just had the parcel shelf took out of it, other than that it was untouched but it's the second time he's been broke into and had keys nicked

[Edited on 02-12-2009 by Mike B]
GF-91
Banned

2nd Dec 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be pissed if that happened to me
Hope you get paid out well for it
Sorry to hear about that. Makes me mad that no one can have nothing without some goon wanting it.
corsa-sxi

2nd Dec 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the claim rate for cars taken with keys? cos it must be hitting insurers hard now that this is a very common method of people taking cars
mattk

3rd Dec 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how have the police been, they were great when I had my bike nicked, never found it but they did all they could
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe just get a set of key of ebay and keep them downstairs? and real set with you... so if some one kick in your door, you will have time to call police while they will be trying to open car with wrong keys.
stubs

3rd Dec 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
maybe just get a set of key of ebay and keep them downstairs? and real set with you... so if some one kick in your door, you will have time to call police while they will be trying to open car with wrong keys.

TBH, that would probably piss them off.. I wouldn't want to take the risk of them coming back into the house for the real set. Plus, these days most cars have remote locking, so they probably stay in the house whilst they unlock the car - less chance of being seen that way.

I've always had blackjax and a tracker on any decent motors.. coupled with a decent house alarm with loud internal sounders and deadbolts on the doors, they've been safe up until now.

My old astra even had a smoke screen that would completely fill the car with thick smoke within 3 secs of the alarm going off and continue to pump out for 5 mins.. that was great until the kids on my street discovered it
whitter45

3rd Dec 09 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys

VXR has been found which I was shocked about

Found in Warrington with false plates on - I think they left it there to see if it had a tracker and someone has reported it on the estate as its a very posh estate. Not sure what state its in yet but they still have the keys so all that will need changing

BMW not to be seen as yet.

Police have been pretty useless to be honest. Just said its another stat. Cars i am not too bothered about. Its the fact they have been in my house

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by whitter45]
mwg

3rd Dec 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I presume that means you will get the VXR back?
whitter45

3rd Dec 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I presume that means you will get the VXR back?

Its at CSI today - they wont tell me the condition of it although it was locked etc so I think they were waiting to see if it was tracked and then coming back fro it in a few days

I am still sure the police did not find on their own backs and it was rather a resident reporting the car being dumped outside their property

It had fuck all fuel in it when it was taken so we will see what happens.

Needs new keys etc if we do get it back
pow
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the MSport was a company hack as well
whitter45

3rd Dec 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I thought the MSport was a company hack as well

it is - hence why i am not too bothered other than it was a great car that i looked after and it will get replaced if required.

VXR was our own so kinda different

Like I have said i am more bothered about them being in my house seeing my TV cinema system, etc
mwg

3rd Dec 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes makes sense thats what they would be doing. You see them saying about thieves doing that on Traffic Cops.

Hope its in good nick. Might be a chance it was driven reasonably nicely so as to not draw attention to themselves. But who knows how a thieves mind works
deanmcreynolds26

3rd Dec 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats [retty shit mate, hope you get everything sorted out with both cars.

i know you dont want them back but tbh id rather have the car back and burn it than let some pikey scum make a coupleK from it.

i know what you mean about them being in your house think anyone would be put off by the thought of it.
hope they get whats coming to them!!!
Ojc

3rd Dec 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know full well that's what they were doing.

I 'knew' of a group that were stealing VXR's and BMW's and they were leaving them in a particular place to wait to see if any of them had trackers on or if the Police were onto them.

The group were paying crackheads a small fee of like £100 to go and break into peoples houses and steal the cars then the crackheads would leave the cars in that spot and the boys would then take the cars up their yard and strip them down and pretend they were accident damaged cars after they had taken a golf club to the panels.

3 VXR's were stolen from my local dealership, they broke in and stole the keys and drove them off. One was a Nurburgring and was later found burnt out.

I have my suspicions as to who that was as well and I'm sure it's someone that has affliations with TV.
AK

3rd Dec 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wankers .... really really boils my blood!
mwg

3rd Dec 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is worrying. In the small town/village I live I dont think there has ever been a car theft.

But in the town that I work about 15 miles away there have been people coming breaking in to houses for keys like has happened here to steal performance or expensive cars over the past year or so. All the ones that were recovered were found in Liverpool too.
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I know full well that's what they were doing.

I 'knew' of a group that were stealing VXR's and BMW's and they were leaving them in a particular place to wait to see if any of them had trackers on or if the Police were onto them.

The group were paying crackheads a small fee of like £100 to go and break into peoples houses and steal the cars then the crackheads would leave the cars in that spot and the boys would then take the cars up their yard and strip them down and pretend they were accident damaged cars after they had taken a golf club to the panels.

3 VXR's were stolen from my local dealership, they broke in and stole the keys and drove them off. One was a Nurburgring and was later found burnt out.

I have my suspicions as to who that was as well and I'm sure it's someone that has affliations with TV.

I no who your on about
random dav
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope that car isn't to damaged, etc. I don't think I'd want it back after scum have had it.

Time to beef up the home security? Did they do a lot of damage getting in your house? Can't imagine anything worse than them being in your house...

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad they found the VXR, what are your feelings towards the car now?

I havent had a car stolen, had 2 broken into and 1 was attempted to be taken but due to a flat battery it wasn't going anywhere.
I know how I felt after though, scrapped one and the other being my Green Corsa I stuck with for a month then sold it.
Was hard getting back in them though, knowing some little scum bag had been routing around in my car and had made a mess and taken alot of stuff that I had worked hard for.

Seems to be getting really common around where I live now aswell

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Dec 09 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for you and it really fucks me off that people get away with it. Plus you know full well if they get caught they will get fuck all punishment anyway year inside max if that

Then come out and do it again.

Times like this I am glad I have a distintive cheap car that they wouldnt bother with.

Was always mega careful with the type r as they are a renowed car for getting nicked round this way

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
deanmcreynolds26

3rd Dec 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time to wire in a rocker switch to fuel pump live under drivers seat i think, even if they get the keys couple of trys and they would surely give up if it never started
Jenko_Sport

3rd Dec 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for you mate, realy cant imagine what your going through over this.

I think im pretty safe in saying that noone would be stupid enough to take my car being only one of 2 kawasaki green zs but still not good at all

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GUTTED - Updated - Both Found!! 23 database queries in 0.1674931 seconds