corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » using a rare (sort of) car everyday

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author using a rare (sort of) car everyday
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Dec 09 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have we found out what the car is yet

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

24th Dec 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some form of special E36 M3.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh so it is an m3 then, thouht it was just an e36 with a spoiler and some special leather. im intrigued now, when you gonna spill the beans james.
oh yeah for the purpose of the thread. buy it drive it dont crash it but dont worry about mileage, its only a couple of grand not like your gonna lose £20k on it

Rich H

24th Dec 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My guess is a M3 Evolution Imola Individual (M3 GT2). Taken from Wiki:

"M3 Evolution Imola Individual (M3 GT2)
The M3 Evolution Imola Individual was a limited-edition (200 units for Europe with part VIN WBACB5103-AN307--, 50 for the United Kingdom) car sometimes referred to as the M3 GT2. The engine and performance characteristics of the car were unchanged from the 1996+ euro M3, and a special exterior and interior colour combination was once again chosen by BMW; Imola red (405) paint with Nappa leather & Amaretto seats in Imola red and anthracite seats. It also included side airbags, the M3 GT Class II rear spoiler, front class II corner spoiler extensions, electric seats, and double-spoke polished alloy wheels.
Prior to the release of the Imola Individual there was a pre-production model made which was used as the basis of the special edition, it featured the Class II front and rear spoilers, special order Imola red Paint, special order Nappa + Anthracite Amaretta interior, SMG gearbox, GSM Phone Kit, headlamp washers and double-spoke polished alloy wheels.
This car is believed to be the car BMW used for the Imola individual advertising though not officially confirmed."

Which is then one of these: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80165&highlight=on+going+project

Which does make it quite rare and I personally wouldn't drive it on a daily basis!
P1CK4D

24th Dec 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMHO, i doubt many, if any people knew of this limited edition M3, as I have definatly not heard of it before. And for the engine and performance characteristics not to have changed is pretty wank. A worthless buy IMHO. Buy a normal M3, abuse it, have fun, and don't worry.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it might of been that one rich, if it is then buy it, but id use it everyday, no point otherwise, it does look miles better than a normal evolution

Butler

24th Dec 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only a run out model, no one would miss it too much but there is no reason for it to get ruined as such anyone just using it as its meant to be.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Dec 09 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Its only a run out model, no one would miss it too much but there is no reason for it to get ruined as such anyone just using it as its meant to be.

Who would have missed a Nova GSi or ERSt when they first came out? It could be a sound investment whilst being fun!
Butler

24th Dec 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still wouldnt miss an old nova of any sorts to be honest. A ford with an RS label is a completely different league!
Fad

25th Dec 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Some form of special E36 M3.

No James wouldnt have an M3 on the merit its cool

James I think you shoud go for it, at the end of the day like any other car it was made to be used, who will benefit from you looking after it and keeping the miles low? The next owner ofcourse! I think if you buy a car you are spending your hard earned cash why not enjoy it.

If you were buying an S1 RST, and M3 E30 or a 944 Clubsport or a track car that isn roadworthy or practical I coud understand you not wanting to put miles on it.

Peple who have run arouunds for Fiestas and humdrum hatches need to join the real world its a car not a priceless family jewel.

[Edited on 25-12-2009 by Fad]
Warren G

25th Dec 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soo true fadders

cars are to be driven

worst cars iv seen are cars that arnt driven, then just sit and rot.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Fad and G. Rude not to drive it!
Nath

25th Dec 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stored cars are indeed gay.

Would be like having a nice pair of trainers but never wearing them.

Pointless.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather camp example Nath Could you not have used a fine Whisky or something?
Colin

25th Dec 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my M3's considered rare, heard my spec referred to ad the E46 coupe edition before on main dealer stock listings. Heard there was 100 made in my spec all the same. Who knows/cares. I drive it however or whenever I need/want to, as I know i'll only have it a short while so why the hell not!!
jr

25th Dec 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this post is quite expansive
Nath

25th Dec 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Rather camp example Nath Could you not have used a fine Whisky or something?

Whats camp about trainers?
Nath

25th Dec 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s. whisky tastes rank.
Ojc

25th Dec 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use a mint car everyday it soon becomes tired and looks it to.
jr

25th Dec 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was sort of thinking ollie, it would drive me mental getting it looking tatty then spending ££££ bringing it back
Fad

25th Dec 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you need to do is wash it weekly if it bothers you. Just because you use a car daily doesnt mean its going to autmatically look crap by using it. like a clean mint car like the next person but if you let it take over the pleasure side of owning a car its pretty silly IMO

People rack up some serious milleage on cars now days and they still look good dunno what being anal about a sub 10k car is going to achieve.

If anythig just be selcective where you park it if it and keep its protection topped up.

jr

25th Dec 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine allways look shit after a year of abuse up and down motorways

sliver c looked like someone had used a shotgun to the paintwork on the front
Fad

25th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are more important things to worry about in life than a pebble dashed bonnet

My Clio has racked up 47k in my ownership and has seen some serious motorway miles and its still looks reasonable. Just needs a few cosmetics which in the grand scheme of things is nothing compared to the fun and pleasure I've got from the ownership. (along with the banter of owning something french)

The fiscal downside of owning a car has to be made worth it otherwise why are you doing it?

[Edited on 25-12-2009 by Fad]
jr

25th Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i will know it will bother me, which you do to

car ocd FTL
Fad

25th Dec 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said therapy is the only option for you now

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » using a rare (sort of) car everyday 23 database queries in 0.2799501 seconds