corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire
Ojc

User status: Offline
11th Jan 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney needs to leave United IMO, go to Barcelona ASAP as we would see him develop well beyond anything he could at United.
mwg

11th Jan 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should go to Ipswich.

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by mwg]
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure thats going to happen, I could see a Madrid or Barca move though.
Marc

11th Jan 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vidic could leave. Rooney wouldn't.

Tosic isn't good enough otherwise he would be playing a lot more. He had 1 good game in the Carling Cup so you never know. If you believe the press, he will be shipped out soon.

If other reports are to believed we tried to sign Benzema, who was lured by the money at Madrid.
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Vidic could leave. Rooney wouldn't.

If you can offload Vidic you may be able to keep hold of Rooney for one more season before being forced to sell him tbh.
Nismo

11th Jan 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Maybe so, but football teams have been in debt for years, and football still goes on. ManYoo's debt will not effect them in anyway, We all said loosing Ronaldo would cripple them... has it? no.

They are over £600m in debt, its not some tiny amount which is what clubs have been run using for years. They have to find over £40m yearly to pay just the interest on the bank loans, not including the interest on the PIK loans which is at least that again. Next year, all other things being equal, they'll not have the money to meet the interest payments and will need more money pumping in by the owners.

How is that not being effected?

Ok so what happenes when the onwners pump more money in? Will you say they are wrong to do this?
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Maybe so, but football teams have been in debt for years, and football still goes on. ManYoo's debt will not effect them in anyway, We all said loosing Ronaldo would cripple them... has it? no.

They are over £600m in debt, its not some tiny amount which is what clubs have been run using for years. They have to find over £40m yearly to pay just the interest on the bank loans, not including the interest on the PIK loans which is at least that again. Next year, all other things being equal, they'll not have the money to meet the interest payments and will need more money pumping in by the owners.

How is that not being effected?

Ok so what happenes when the onwners pump more money in? Will you say they are wrong to do this?

Of course they wouldnt be wrong in doing so, it would be the preferable thing for them to do.

But since when have they EVER put their own money in? The havent even provided any of their own assets as security, as its all on the club.

If owners are willing to use their own money (this goes for Liverpool too) then they wouldnt use the leveraged model of purchase. The fact they are using such a highly leveraged form of purchase is evidence they wish to keep their own money in their pockets and minimise the risk to their current wealth.
Marc

11th Jan 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst come to the worst in United and Liverpools cases, theres bound to be some Arab wanting to take it over. Both clubs are too profitable (as clubs)
Nismo

11th Jan 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, nothing will change who they are and what happens, they (Big clubs) will always get bailed out.
Marc

11th Jan 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually think its clubs like City that are still more at risk.

They have been bought by said Arab/Thai billionaires wanting to make them in to the next United/Real/Barcelona and if it doesn't happen over night managers get sacked, star players want out etc.

I can honestly see City struggling to break the top 4 for some time yet.

Least buying established "big" clubs the success can be concurrent.
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem arises when the club is worth less than the debt.

When you get in to the £6-700m range for the cost of a club, which is what United would be worth, the list of people willing to buy you isnt huge, especially at the moment as banks just wont lend as easy as they would of in the past.

The fact the Glazers keep rolling the debt over so it increases year on year means their is going to be a time where it matches the valuation of the club, and its then when you'll see the list of buyers shrink considerably.
Tom

11th Jan 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ and when that happens, the fact they are a 'big club' won't mean a thing. I don't foresee a leeds situation again given the massive money people can make in football these days but never say never.... if a big club did get 'too much' into debt (i.e. they couldn't service the debt/sell the club as it's worth too little compared with the debt) then selling players and heading down the table is very likely, and it's not easy for clubs to climb back up these days as the lower leagues are very competitive.

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by Tom]
Ojc

11th Jan 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Should go to Ipswich.

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by mwg]

Not good enough, wouldn't fit into our style of play which is far to sophisticated for him.

His wife would be a better buy and I'd love to plough my way through her.
mwg

11th Jan 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

When you get in to the £6-700m range for the cost of a club, which is what United would be worth, the list of people willing to buy you isnt huge, especially at the moment as banks just wont lend as easy as they would of in the past.

The fact the Glazers keep rolling the debt over so it increases year on year means their is going to be a time where it matches the valuation of the club, and its then when you'll see the list of buyers shrink considerably.

Are Man U not supposedly worth 1+ billion? Wasn't that on some sort of list or was that referring to something else
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Are Man U not supposedly worth 1+ billion? Wasn't that on some sort of list or was that referring to something else

In a dream world yes, going off those figures they arent worth that - especially in a now more competitive market place. When you can buy a lower club, such as City, for a pittance, throw a few hundred million at the squad you can have a new United for half the cost.
Nath

11th Jan 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Debt free ftw.

But....

BSP ftl.
Danny P

11th Jan 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not rosey at any club at the moment, we announched a loss of £3m the other week. Thankfully our chairman has been a fan for 30 odd years so is prepared to write this loss off, plus we've had to pay out a manager who issed contracts out like they were going out of fashion. We've bought well though and have several players who are already worth a lot more than we payed for them so i'm not too worried.

In other news, Cosmo I see Ian Ayre has now joined your board ( http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hicks-jr-quits-liverpool-after-insulting-fan-1864352.html ) he was at Huddersfield for a while and was only interested in making as much money as he could in the shortest time possible and I wouldn't trust him to count the pennies in my piggy bank. Be afraid, be very afraid.

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by Danny P]
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
In other news, Cosmo I see Ian Ayre has now joined your board (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hicks-jr-quits-liverpool-after-insulting-fan-1864352.html) he was at Huddersfield for a while and was only interested in making as much money as he could in the shortest time possible and I wouldn't trust him to count the pennies in my piggy bank. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Nothing to be afraid of, he has no power and owns none of the club, he is just the head of marketing/commercial activity basically - and has so far done an amazing job.

He is a scouser and Liverpool fan, so may not be as willing to screw us over as Huddersfield.
Danny P

11th Jan 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye there is that. When he was on our board there was a picture of him wearing a Liverpool shirt on the front of our local paper the day before we played you in the FA Cup in 2000 (or was it 99, I cant remember)

He did have more control at ours mind, he sold on our club shop to an outside company, sold the best striker we had in years 2 months before the end of the season which effectivly blew any chance of a Premier League spot, and changed our club crest without asking/informing anyone

If I saw him in the street, i'd punch him
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What position did he have at the club? Did he own any of it?
Danny P

11th Jan 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was managing director. Not sure if he actully owned any of the club but he was basically the main advisor to the chairman at the time who didn't really have a clue.

I always remember when we sold Marcus Stewart to Ipswich, he came and said "Judge me at the end of the season with regards to selling Marcus, it will be good for Huddersfield Town" End of the season, we missed out on the Play Offs, Ipswich went up and within a couple of years they were playing in Europe and we'd nearly gone bust

He was also involved in allowing Steve Bruce to go work the BBC for Club Championship thingy half way through the season while he was meant to be managing us.

Maybe he just didn't like us very much
Ojc

11th Jan 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcus Stewart

Oh my, we really could do with him now.
Eck
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 05:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think all these teams are appauling that can't manage their debt.
Cavey

12th Jan 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-will-hand-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-a-75million-transfer-kitty-to-buy-big-names-and-boost-bond-sale-scheme-article284949.html

Gotta spend money to make money
Ojc

12th Jan 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ribery

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire 23 database queries in 0.0164261 seconds