corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mistakes at work...
oceansoul

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul

What PLC systems you work on?

modicon, omron, siemens and a bit of allen bradley

Nice. We have Allen Bradleys at work, and some Bristol Babcock RTU's on transmission.
Jake

18th Jan 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

burst through a water pipe with a road breaker amd went straight through the road breaker power cable on the same job. ripped through an electric main with a digger. laid a patio that was completely wrong and had to be ripped up and started again.
Anty
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i backed into a container, thought omg its ripped open, but it didnt, all the other workers were looking..lol oops
NovalutionGSi

18th Jan 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah i've done a few. i once drilled into a trunking with a 25mm hole saw and forgot to stick my little block of wood in there to protect the cables. i obviously cut into a few of them and basically shut down an entire production department because the wires i cut were for the lighting. they lost about 6 hours production in there so that must work out to a few grand.
i've fucked up a few machines when i first started learning plc systems. it's so easy to cause a catastrophe by putting an n/c contact where an n/o should be.

Cant say i've done anything like that, but i have managed to shut down a Cooking Oil Bottling Plant.....by downloading a PLC program because the PC Forces the PLC into stop!

Will have another interesting one to do soon..... Reprogram someone else's PLC Program to suit how they want the factory to run now.... whilst Live Production is running.....
NovalutionGSi

18th Jan 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice. We have Allen Bradleys at work, and some Bristol Babcock RTU's on transmission.

How do you find Allen Bradley? like the Tech support you get?? or you not a priority?
I personally favour Omron and Mitsubishi.
oceansoul

18th Jan 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSi
quote:
quote:
quote:

How do you find Allen Bradley? like the Tech support you get?? or you not a priority?
I personally favour Omron and Mitsubishi.

Dont deal with there tech support. I work in the maintaince department so only deal with them when they go wrong or small upgrades etc

At college we used mitsubishi which i didnt really get on with very well, but since getting on the Allen Bradleys at work, ive much prefered them.
C2RL R

18th Jan 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've only just started with allen bradley equipment in the last 6 months so i'm still learning. most of my stuff is modicon. then omron and a bit of siemens.
Simon

18th Jan 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I worked in a Bike shop I had a customer who wanted this BMX for his son, normally we would book the bike in so we can build one and check it over before the customer takes it the next day or a few days later.

This one guy was being a right arse about wanting it now so as it was fairly quiet I agreed to do the bike there and then, he waited around whilst I quickly checked over the bike and then took it. 5mins before we shut he came back in holding the seat in his hand saying the seat had come off it and the seat post had fucked his kid in the nads, I'd forgotten to tighten up the seat bolt the assistant manager managed to keep the guy downstairs, brought the bike upstairs for me to tighten, luckily that was that. Wasn't bollocked and the guy didn't sue or anything Shitting it at the time, thought he was going to come upstairs and pound me for fucking over any chances of grandchildren
Cosmo

18th Jan 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He probably did it to the son and just used the seat as a cover story.
Graham88

18th Jan 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope not so far. I'm not really in a position to be making mistakes in my job considering I'm now responsible for Protecting people on track, so there is no margin for error (100% pass mark for the exam). Mistakes such as forgetting to give the track back so trains can run in the morning costs about £3-4k per minute the trains are delayed though.
Hammer

18th Jan 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't make mistakes.
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon It's always small things that you forget when you're in a hurry!

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Graham88

18th Jan 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when i was 15 i had a job at a pet shop, first day there i was cleaning the avary and had a bucket of hot water and bleach , i was cleaning it out and 2 budgies flew into the bucket and died.

they still kept me employed but about 3 months later in the same avary i was cleaning it out and forgot about a quail that was living in there and stood on it and killed it. I didnt have a job after that

Andrew

18th Jan 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i first started i blow up a customers laptop by using the wrong power cable Also putting in some network points i put a foot through a ceiling

Thinks that's the worst i've done
ed

18th Jan 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once somone came into the Waitrose I worked at and asked me for a whole wheel of parmesan reggiano. I priced it up for them and they scanned it with a quick check gun and popped it in thier bag. It turned out they just walked out without paying for it and to this day I have no idea why someone would steel £80 worth of cheese

I think that was more a mistake on the shops behalf because those quick check things are just opening the doors to theives.
Simon

18th Jan 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people just like cheese, I have a 5.2kg block of mature cheddar in my fridge
oceansoul

18th Jan 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Once somone came into the Waitrose I worked at and asked me for a whole wheel of parmesan reggiano. I priced it up for them and they scanned it with a quick check gun and popped it in thier bag. It turned out they just walked out without paying for it and to this day I have no idea why someone would steel £80 worth of cheese

I think that was more a mistake on the shops behalf because those quick check things are just opening the doors to theives.

But its waitrose. Usually posh people shop there, and they dont steal
mattk

18th Jan 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive connected a water main into a gas supply before and filled the gas meter up with water, had water comming out of the ladys fire and cooker too

happens to every plumber in his life time, its a mistake you only make once, very very very embarrasing!
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Some people just like cheese, I have a 5.2kg block of mature cheddar in my fridge

Cheese party at Simon's!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think I've ever done anything too major, well it's never turned out to be major

My first career direction, apprentice mechanic, my one mistake memory from this was running a Suzuki Wagon R without oil

Doing a service but was getting constant distractions, being asked to help with other jobs, I'd just refilled the coolant so started it up to make sure everything was ok, after a few minutes someone asked me to check their lights, when I got back to my service it wasn't running Asked if anyone had turned it off, no-one had then my mentor asked if I'd put oil in, there was a sudden realisation and a massive, oh shit, run feeling Topped the oil up, cranked it over...

Sweet as a nut

Next career direction, pie deliveries, only thing I can think of there was driving my car into the side of a Peugeot Expert Cost just over £300 to sort both cars.

Next career direction, vending machines. One mistake there too, I dropped one

I was getting a snack machine out of a container, it was on a pump truck, as I was getting near the end of the container I moved to the side to check where the wheels were. Just as I did that the wheels fell over the edge of the container, the machine started sliding down the truck then fell on it's back. Ragged it onto the forklift, took it round to our unit, stripped anything good out of it then was planning to scrap the rest but some pikeys nicked it before we got chance. The machine was only worth between scrap value and £300, hadn't got round to testing it so it could've been in perfect working order or knackered.

All pretty minor really compared to some in here

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by Mike B]
Simon

18th Jan 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

Cheese party at Simon's!

Easily done, I have that block plus a load of different flavour Gouda cheeses that I got last week when I was in Amsterdam. Before xmas I had a full wheel of Stilton as well, but that was my dad's xmas present
mattk

18th Jan 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive dropped a vending machine too, or at least assisted in the dropping of one
antnee

18th Jan 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing major, at the auctioneers, I let the wrong item go ( 2 identical items) which was about £100 difference.

Dropped a glass door for the range at the chippie, and forgot the odd thing off an order.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive dropped a vending machine too, or at least assisted in the dropping of one

LMAO, forgot about that one

We were so lucky that stopped on the bumper otherwise we'd of needed a forklift to get it back upright
ed

19th Jan 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But its waitrose. Usually posh people shop there, and they dont steal
You'd be so supprised!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work... 23 database queries in 0.0243981 seconds