corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's
deano87

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, would love an Exclusiv if I got one.

Well just did a quote for all the 1.4's and it ranges from £527 to £600. 1.8 will be much more, plus cost more in fuel and I do quite a few miles.
Hammer

23rd Jan 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The C is a much, much better car than the B. You can have your preference on looks or whatever but it is a better built and newer piece of machinery, fact.

B's are extremely dated in every sense now.
AndyKent

23rd Jan 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought the 1.4 was a bit of a waste really. Compared to the 1.2 its worse on fuel, worse on tax and barely any difference performance. IIRC, its something like 10bhp more than the 1.2, but another 100kg heavier. Having driven both a bit I couldn't find much of a difference in performance at all.

For me it'd be the 1.2 for cheapness, or 1.8 for more performance. Or the 1.7 diesel
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I always thought the 1.4 was a bit of a waste really. Compared to the 1.2 its worse on fuel, worse on tax and barely any difference performance. IIRC, its something like 10bhp more than the 1.2, but another 100kg heavier. Having driven both a bit I couldn't find much of a difference in performance at all.

For me it'd be the 1.2 for cheapness, or 1.8 for more performance. Or the 1.7 diesel

Seen a couple of people mention this. And looking at the stats on Parkers, compared with the 80ps 1.2's there isn't much in it.
Hammer

23rd Jan 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want one then? Just buy the 1.3 diesel and you can masturbate over the miles per gallon figure.
Carl

23rd Jan 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You moan about your 12v yet you have had it for years and years so it must not bother you than much. I swapped my 1.2 8v for a battered old 306 turbo diesel with venoms on I was that keen to get rid, never looked back. Just carry on in the 12volt till you can afford what you actually want.
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard about a lot problems with the 1.3's. And because I only do 15k miles per annum it isn't that cost effective to buy one.
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
You moan about your 12v yet you have had it for years and years so it must not bother you than much. I swapped my 1.2 8v for a battered old 306 turbo diesel with venoms on I was that keen to get rid, never looked back. Just carry on in the 12volt till you can afford what you actually want.

Well now I drive it every single day, where as I didn't because I wasn't in Uni every day. And now it's the case of a bit of money burning a hole in my pocket!
Nath

23rd Jan 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely 15k a year is enough to justify a 1.3CDTi?
AndyKent

23rd Jan 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only do 9 or 10k a year and have a diesel. Sod the running costs, I prefer the drive over the equivalent petrol

Plus the extra money I paid out will come back when I sell it again so I don't think it'll cost me more.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see a saving driving my diesel 15k a year
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started a thread about that some time ago, and how with 2 cars it'd take me 2.6 years to recoup the £1k difference in initial purchase price and start saving.

See below. Price for very good 1.4 SXi+ against 1.3CDTi SXi+ and fuel at current rate.

pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deano, MPG is not the be all and end all. Plus you'll never get book figures out of them
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Deano, MPG is not the be all and end all. Plus you'll never get book figures out of them

I know MPG isn't the be all and end all, but I don't see how a derv would cost me loads less to warrant spending £1k on top. Servicing cost differences will be minimal and the difference in tax is £80 or what ever.
AlunJ

23rd Jan 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I've driven my sister old c sri 1.4 whilst i had my 1.6 b sport and loved it.It felt alot better built and handled alot better imo.Only thing that puts me off is the chain driven engine

prefacelift 1.4 sri's (mine) are belt driven z14xe, facelift 1.4 sri's are chain driven z14xep
tax is cheaper on the z14xe as well iirc.

[Edited on 23-01-2010 by AlunJ]
AndyKent

23rd Jan 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget you'll get a good lump of that 1k back at the end though.

Agree with pow though - for something you'll spend so much time driving its worth getting something thats comfortable. Drive both petrol and derv versions - don't write the dervs off because of the cost.
Hammer

23rd Jan 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Do my eyes deceive me?

You are correct however, the 1.3 diesel is supposedly the better drive overall.
Joe

23rd Jan 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, I think the 1.3 diesels drive like shit.
mattk

23rd Jan 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get a Grande over a corsa C you will have a bigger more chunky feeling car with a 6 speed gearbox, its built on the Corsa D chassis which is a generation newer than the C, its better looking and they have 18,000 mile service intervals

just go balls out and get a 1.9 like mine, I fucking love it, cant see myself ever getting rid of it TBH
Hammer

23rd Jan 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Never driven one tbh but John's with the tuning box pulled like fuck. I've got a 1.2 sxi and it's served me extremely well for 5 years.
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lololol controversy.

I will probably, in fact, I am going to save for the Grande. I know I'd be happy with a Corsa if I had to get one straight away i.e. the 12v died or was written off.

I'm all talk me
mattk

23rd Jan 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

the turbo lag on them is fucking diabolical, borderline dangerous, I can only speak of the 90bhp version, the 75bhp isnt supposed to be as bad
Joe

23rd Jan 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Never driven one tbh but John's with the tuning box pulled like fuck. I've got a 1.2 sxi and it's served me extremely well for 5 years.

Yeah they aren't slow as such, just hate the power delivery and just them in general to be honest. I'd have the 1.2 petrol any day.
SportBoy

23rd Jan 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

the turbo lag on them is fucking diabolical

+ 1

[Edited on 23-01-2010 by SportBoy]
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C's only had 69bhp in the 1.3CDTi according to Parkers. Although I have seen 90ps ones advertised in very late 06/56 models.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's 22 database queries in 0.0140600 seconds