corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers?
radicalry00

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
nahhhh your on one of them common Jap IL4 things

Italian Stalion ftw

Just watched that vid, seen it before, thats exactly what the bloke done next to me, the story I mentioned earlier. I judged it, he didn't, WHAM....

Jap IL4? explain your slagging ( i know you are slaggin the ricers )

yeah when i read your post about that guy crashing i thought that it might have been something like the video- take it it wasnt same speed though

Jap IL4 = Japanese Inline 4 motor.

VXR has a point; Italian bikes look often look nicer but Jap crotch rockets are much better 'bang for your buck'. That's why my next bike is going to be a CBR600 like yours
K3 VMU

2nd Feb 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh dont get me wrong, itallian bikes look stunning, and the price tag matches it !!

CBR600RR FTW !!!
Daimo B

2nd Feb 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just some banter, my work bikes an IL4 engine

Radi, not everythings about how fast it goes and how quick it goes round a track Its got to tingle all the senses.

RE price tag, thats why all Jap bikes have gone up in price recently

Nahh, banter aside, theres a reason everyone gets Jap bikes. Cheap, fast, does everything you want. But for me, I want more. Thats why im so into twins and triples.

Was a sad day when Honda stopped the firestorm and SP1/2, and Suzuki stopped the TL/SV1000
K3 VMU

2nd Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhh the SP1 ......

My work mate in Oz has one, i had a shot of it last year when i was working down there, i loved the thing, the noise,the torque,etc

i totally agree with you Daimo, thats the only reason people buy ricers, i am hoping to get a shot of one of my workmates Trump 675 he bought last year, unfortunatly we couldnt get a good rip round the hills because he was still running his in, was a good feeling mine being run in and first service past, me and the other guys just left him.....

ended up having to wait fo him though

GOD-DAM...... a new exhaust is going to kill me

wanting an Akra, with carbon tip (my quad has the same) and every Honda crossers i have had,i have fitted Akrapovic

mates SP1

K3 VMU

2nd Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another good pic of the two of us in Oz, me on the suzuki ltz (yellow one )

SORRY FOR CHANGING THE PURPOSE OF THE THREAD
Graham88

2nd Feb 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full leathers all the way, who cares what anyone else thinks it's my skin not theres
Daimo B

2nd Feb 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See look at that SP1.

Every modern jap bike looks the same. Previously, they didn't. Look at it, stunning.

Who cares if it has rock hard race setup suspension, a tiny fuel tank and huge thirst for fuel even on mild throttle.

Turn it on, THUMP THUMP THUMP, bags of torque, and doesn't need 900000rpm to get it going.

This is a debate against modern sports bikes these days. All about numbers, not so much the passion.

God that bikes clean, nursing a semi!!
Graham88

2nd Feb 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15,500 rpm is where it's at
Daimo B

2nd Feb 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And by the time you've shifted down 2 gears to get to your powerband, i've left mine in 6th, opened it up and gone...

Then you pull me back

Mates R6, mental bike. Mild acceleration, then it hits 10k odd and its like poop off a shovel. 16000rpm and its all gone again till the next gear and surge of thrust. But on the road, your doing illegal speeds in 1st in the powerband.

Thats why i like the twins and triples, you don't have to rev its nuts off to pickup the pace quickly.

For the racetrack, high revs, big power wins, but for the road, instant power ftw

I want an IL4 for a track bike

[Edited on 02-02-2010 by VXR]
Bram

2nd Feb 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power Ranger?

P.S- I know I have no sliders on, was waiting for new ones
ed

2nd Feb 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's some reckless driving
K3 VMU

2nd Feb 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bram

Power Ranger?

P.S- I know I have no sliders on, was waiting for new ones

oh that old chestnut

and yes VXR, that SP1 IS EXTREMLEY mint, that pic is in cyprus as he moved back there, him and his mate have opened a bike shop in cyprus, it called 37, in greek. because thats his mates race number or something like that.

he has about 6 bikes in total, aprilla rsv4,r1, etc

the joys.....
Daimo B

3rd Feb 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See thats what I want to do in life.

an exoctic Italian bike shop.

Ducatis
Benellis
MV Augustas
Bimotas

Classy bikes, people with lots of money to spend.

Anyone got £250k for stock, a nice showroom and all the data reading tools and diagnostics machines

Im still trying to temp my old man to do it with me
K3 VMU

3rd Feb 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MV F4 = verrrrrrrrry sexy bike !!

thank god the 2010 model has very subtle changes to it!!

reliabity though

VXR, i will start a partnership with you
Daimo B

3rd Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MV's are less reliable than Benellis tbh.

Still awaiting the new 1075 MV as well

The Brutale though is an excellent bike, hopefully take one out this summer for a blat.

Got £250k then? You need to move down here too
K3 VMU

3rd Feb 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you mean more reliable than nelli`s??

yes i have a long list of bikes on my " see`us a shot o `at" list, and they are all bikes i would probably never own , but i can afford, just reliability, parts etc

i would need to move yeah, hmmm, i ll just leave it, i would hate not to be blasting round the beautiful scottish scenery on a nice day

what is parts like to get for your nelli` ?
SetH

3rd Feb 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo reccomend me a first bike.

Weekend/dry use only wont ever be used for commuting.

Just for fun. Also liking your torque philosophy and cant see myself winding up to 16k rpm
DizzyRebel

3rd Feb 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
See thats what I want to do in life.

an exoctic Italian bike shop.

Ducatis
Benellis
MV Augustas
Bimotas

Classy bikes, people with lots of money to spend.

Anyone got £250k for stock, a nice showroom and all the data reading tools and diagnostics machines

Im still trying to temp my old man to do it with me

Dont do it!!! You will never make money selling road bikes - esp italian stuff!

When i managed the aprilia dealership, we were buying in 2006 RSV factorys at £9300 from aprilia - £10,500 was recommended list price. By the time our first one turned up, DK motorcycles were already advertising them for £9100 on the road with a ross meta alarm fitted. You cant compete with the big dealers like them anymore, italian firms are the worst for selling bikes cheaper to dealers who buy more - whereas jap stuff all have a fixed rate regardless of the volume you buy in stock units.

You also find the people who buy ducatis etc are fussy dicks that you wont like dealing with, although aprilia is still a prestige marque, they dont attract the same sort of particular wankers the ducati and mv brands seem to attract.

Wanna make money in the bike trade? either buy in used bikes and break them for spares, or sell offroad/race bikes.
mattk

3rd Feb 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your all deluded

I would bet most women would like a leather seat to sit in, a roof and a heater to put on when it starts to piss it down, which it will eventualy
DizzyRebel

3rd Feb 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
your all deluded

I would bet most women would like a leather seat to sit in, a roof and a heater to put on when it starts to piss it down, which it will eventualy

Most bikers also own a car, so they get the bad boy appeal from the bike in the day - and you can still pick them up and take them for dinner and a shag in a layby at night when its raining
K3 VMU

3rd Feb 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
your all deluded

Most bikers also own a car, so they get the bad boy appeal from the bike in the day - and you can still pick them up and take them for dinner and a shag in a layby at night when its raining

Agree with dizzy

matt - aint saying that womeen like biking, just the look of a biker ( no fat ginger hardley riders)
Daimo B

3rd Feb 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

Dont do it!!! You will never make money selling road bikes - esp italian stuff!

You also find the people who buy ducatis etc are fussy dicks that you wont like dealing with, although aprilia is still a prestige marque, they dont attract the same sort of particular wankers the ducati and mv brands seem to attract.

I know a few Italian dealers who have been running for years. True many outfits have suffered in the recession, but they are all still trading. Some of them are small time dealers too.

And some of those are piss poor managed.

When you've worked with lawyers who have dined with the royal family, you know how to deal with the upper class. Bankers are even worse, but have more money.

Thats the market I want. People with money to burn. Like the few chaps who turned up to our local Italian bike shop (where my old man simply works for enjoyment) spend £16k on a bike, on the whim, or the chap who bought a brand new MV augusta, then brought it back a few weeks later to have another £15k's worth of carbon and titanium parts fitted.....

Know your market.

Aprillias have probably the worst customer service going. Parts backup is awful.
Daimo B

3rd Feb 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Daimo reccomend me a first bike.

Weekend/dry use only wont ever be used for commuting.

Just for fun. Also liking your torque philosophy and cant see myself winding up to 16k rpm

Depends if you want a sports bike or more of an upright tourer tbh.

I still rate the SV650S as a great an entry bike, cheap, reliable, forgiving. Or an Kawasaki ER6N. A Hornets (Honda) is a good little bike too, 100bhp, but tiny fuel range. Or go like Half Pint has with a Ducati Monster. Theres a few types, depends what you want to enjoy it for.

Then after a year move up to a bigger bike.
K3 VMU

3rd Feb 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we need to start a petition for Bike Day sub forum, which can include, motorbikes,crossers,quads,mountain bikes etc?

sand-eel

3rd Feb 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

da machine is totashadden

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you slag bikers for looking like power rangers? 22 database queries in 0.0153892 seconds