corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Footy Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Footy Thread
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Feb 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Liverpool really have been nothing this season until the last 6 games or so, even then they aren't exactly firing on all cylinders. They seem to keep finishing a season strongly to make up for a shit start. Likewise, someone is going to get 'revenge raped' by Arsenal, the question is who?

We havent been anything in the last 6 games, we've just put a string of results together. We've played no better in these last 6 games than we have when we beat Everton and United earlier in the season.

If we can keep the run up until Torres and Johnson are back in 3 weeks or so then I'll be hopeful for the rest of the season.

At present time, I think it is down to yourselves or City for 4th. If you get 4th you are bloody lucky that Villa and Tottenham have been crap of late. I spent ages telling people that Villa were nailed on 4th but now they just don't seem to have anything, just as they slid off last year. Presumably because he does like to stick with the same 11 where he can (M O'N that is!)? I don't buy into the 'tired' shit as much as most people as it is a cliche but you need a certain level of rotation IMO. Mind you, he is paid a bomb and I am not! Armchair manager FTW!

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Likewise, someone is going to get 'revenge raped' by Arsenal, the question is who?

When do they play Pompey?

I feel for them I really do but they are down, they need to aim for 40 points and they need 25 in 14 matches. Thats 5-7th in the Premiership type form.

I just hope Redknapp doesn't get the blame.

[Edited on 07-02-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive told you all along that both Villa and Spurs would slip towards the end of the season.

City are the ones we have to keep an eye on, but saying that if we win on Wed (big if) we're only 2pts behind Arsenal!
Limecat
Banned

7th Feb 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive told you all along that both Villa and Spurs would slip towards the end of the season.

City are the ones we have to keep an eye on, but saying that if we win on Wed (big if) we're only 2pts behind Arsenal!

You are probably getting me confused with some other wanker on CS as I didn't venture in here too often until lately.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see you finishing in 7th TBH. Lucky Birmingham have curved off of late.

@ 2 points behind Arsenal. I expected 4 points from those 4 games. They have 1 so far in 3 so I wouldn't be amazed to see Liverpool get handed their arse. Ngog cannot hold up the ball so away from home against Arsenal you should get mullered, but there is that element of doubt in my mind. (Subbed Insua out of my Fantasy league team too! - You WILL let at least 1 in!)
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ngog was holding the ball up great at the weekend. His problem is a total lack of support, and by the time they do get there he has lost it simply down to no options, not that he cant hold it up. For a young lad being thrown in to a team (is he just 20, or 21?) he has done great I think - although he was never going to be amazing as wasnt exactly an expensive youngster signing (alla Walcott, etc)
Limecat
Banned

7th Feb 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True. Shame he has played a lot more time than Owen and scored fewer goals than Crouch though isn't it?

Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has certainly played less time now he has played the last 2 matches - he hadnt before then though.

And yes, one less goal than Crouch, a hell of a lot less minutes played though.
Limecat
Banned

7th Feb 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL - Any clutching at straws? He had played less time when I told you he had played less time.

One less goal than Crouch? You do realise that Ngog has scored 2 in the Premiership and Crouch has had 5? Nope. Thought not!
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
PMSL - Any clutching at straws? He had played less time when I told you he had played less time.

One less goal than Crouch? You do realise that Ngog has scored 2 in the Premiership and Crouch has had 5? Nope. Thought not!

Ngog has scored 4. Stoke, United, Brun, wigan.
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and he hadnt played more, as it didnt include the 83mins Ngog played against Bolton - which your printscreen did then include.

Which even going by your printscreens will show you I was right and Owen had played more mins. And they even show Ngog scoring 4 goals.
Limecat
Banned

7th Feb 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh, and he hadnt played more, as it didnt include the 83mins Ngog played against Bolton - which your printscreen did then include.

Which even going by your printscreens will show you I was right and Owen had played more mins. And they even show Ngog scoring 4 goals.

So the site you were claiming to be gospel was so upto date that it didn't include matches played AGES after my post about playing time?
Cosmo

7th Feb 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ages? Was a matter of hours.
JonnyJ

7th Feb 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who.

Fucking.

Cares.
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus cares Jonny. Jesus cares.
Limecat
Banned

8th Feb 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ages? Was a matter of hours.

You are a massive Liverpool fan though? Surely you know who turns out for you?
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but I tend not to have minutes played by each and every player in my head. My bad.
Robbo

8th Feb 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fell asleep just after kick-off (was at the missus' and had SSN on for the Dion Dublin commentary)... glad I did tbh! My staunch pre-Abrahomich Chelsea supporting best mate says we actually played really well but obviously not that well

Poor performances against the big 2 but as I keep telling people, we don't have to beat or outclass either Chelski or Man Utd to win the title! If they continue to slip up against other sides as they have done throughout the season thebn hopefully we can pick up the points as we did following our last maulign to Chelsea! We aren't in a good position right now but at least we know where we stand for the rest of the seaosn with only Man City at home and Spurs away as big games to play followign what needs to be a strong victoy against Liverpool on Weds!
Marc

8th Feb 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't win the league this year.
Robbo

8th Feb 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it but then I dont think yous lot have a chance either. Chelsea all the way althoguh admittedly you lot have found form of late
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool will win it. Unbeaten until the end of the season. Title is ours.
Tommy L

8th Feb 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal looked like they wanted to pass the ball in the back of the net yesterday. No one really wanted to take a pop and the final ball was just awful most of the time. Walcott has no confidence what so ever. Why wenger didn't buy a striker in Jan i do not know.

Chelsea were just too resilient yesterday when looking at the possession stats
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Arsenal looked like they wanted to pass the ball in the back of the net yesterday. No one really wanted to take a pop and the final ball was just awful most of the time.

Thats been Arsenal for the last 5yrs.

But its OK, as Arsenal fans think you win the league if you play the best football and if you have a young side. So in the last 5yrs they have won the league 10 times according to them.
Marc

8th Feb 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stadium will be the downfall of that club.

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by Marc]
Tommy L

8th Feb 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never watched Arsenal for 90 mins and it was just so painful to watch
mwg

8th Feb 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always think Arsenal are boring to watch. Most people seem to rave about them but I dont get it, I enjoy watching Chelsea much more. And obviously Man United...
Nath

8th Feb 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal are very one dimensional. They only know how to play the passing game. Which is great to watch when it works. Otherwise its frustrating as hell and boring.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Footy Thread 23 database queries in 0.0224938 seconds