corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice.....
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lot of jealousy in here by people paying crazy rent.

Unlucky
AndyKent

22nd Feb 10 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite sure how you got me down as a spoilt brat from a few lines of text
Generation

22nd Feb 10 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I thought, I think some rents charge high to force there kids out early
andy1868

22nd Feb 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live with my parents. i don't pay alot, and i know i don't. but i'm still getting forced out in the near future only because my parents want to move and it would make more sense for them to not take me and my brother into consideration when we'd only be there for a short amount of time. i'll probably end up living with my brother in the end though anyway, i'd struggle on my own and all my mates are bums/morons

[Edited on 22-02-2010 by andy1868]
JonnyJ

22nd Feb 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Not quite sure how you got me down as a spoilt brat from a few lines of text

Having met you Andy, i would say you're a decent lad

I'd be fucked off with paying £175 tbh.
AndyKent

22nd Feb 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pauls met me too

I'm on rightmove now, the more I think about the whole idea, the less I want to live at home any more. Might just rent for 6 months and play it by ear.
Generation

22nd Feb 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Andy you will probably cooled down alot by tomorrow. If you are still 100% explain the situation to your mum, dont just up and leave with the ump, remember she will be alone after
Ben G

22nd Feb 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say move out. fuck the mother, she obviously doesn't want you to have anything nice.

but also, 175 quid a month is a cracking deal.

i pay only 120 a month but i buy mostly all my own food.
Generation

22nd Feb 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad said somethin to me since I was about 10, " No matter who you be your mum will always be the most important women in your life"
Bullshit at the time of course, now I have been with my gf for 4 years I am 100% happy with the gf, but 100% agree with what my dad said.

I know some people dont get on with their rents and some rents are just shit in general. But if you do get along majority of the time, it applies
Paul_J

23rd Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Pauls met me too

I'm on rightmove now, the more I think about the whole idea, the less I want to live at home any more. Might just rent for 6 months and play it by ear.

Yeah, I wasn't saying you were a spoilt brat. I was just saying that thinking your £175 was covering a lot of the costs and that she should be thankful for that, kinda made you sound like it.

Reality is as DaveyLC said, £175 would only just cover the council tax. Won't touch the mortgage, bills, food, etc...

As much as I said 'move out and rent to realise how expensive it is' - DONT!

It's the worse move I've made. I get paid an ok wage, but am skint.

Basically, when I was on placement year I only earnt £15k and lived at home. I banked nearly £9k of that and went travelling. I now earn essentially double that, but due to all the rental costs, cost of living etc etc etc... (and a bit of a commute) I've barely saved anything in 12 months.

Although I did work out the other day, that in total I've done about 30,000 miles - 250 miles = £50 in fuel... £6000

Just buy your mum a bottle of wine / box of chocolates to say thanks for all her support and letting you live there. Then say 'I'm only young once, I'm going to buy the car as it's only £1.5k more on top of my current car' and stay at home till you can buy.
Richardhhha

23rd Feb 10 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a kind of similar problem a few years ago,

i had some money saved up and i wanted to get a loan out to finance a c20let conversion, mum went nuts and said if i try it im out on my ear.. so i went and bought a xe'd gsi insted lol.

i wasnt paying much ether only £250 a month and that was covering 1/3 of the morgage and my food. pairents were lucky they got a ace morgage.

a lot of people cant just go out and get a place with the relatively small deposit you have, round my way you would need 30% for a deposit and most houses are 2 to 300k some even double that, people will get lucky and i wish i could get lucky as i'd love to move out and have my own place as living with the misses pairents drives us nuts and there aint enough room to swing a hamster let alone a cat.

but being made redundent has hampered that majourly.

just sucker up to her, and if you've got a car worth 8.5k then just play with that and dont go out and spend 11k on a car that is going to put a strain on your relationship with your mum and in a few years time its going to be worth less than your car now.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ o' mighty I must have it good. Maw and dad pay about £100 into a savings account for me per month, buy all the food, my mum cleans my room, she makes my piece for work and they pay for my car to be fixed when I can't afford it. And I pay £40 per week, some times And that's with them paying my car insurance too as I keep forgetting to get it changed over

Edit: Oh, and 9/10ths of the time they have no idea what my money goes on.

[Edited on 23-02-2010 by Eck]
Cosmo

23rd Feb 10 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh just move in with your gran and get the car, see how your mum likes not having the extra £200 a month and zero company.
Generation

23rd Feb 10 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Christ o' mighty I must have it good. Maw and dad pay about £100 into a savings account for me per month, buy all the food, my mum cleans my room, she makes my piece for work and they pay for my car to be fixed when I can't afford it. And I pay £40 per week, some times And that's with them paying my car insurance too as I keep forgetting to get it changed over

Edit: Oh, and 9/10ths of the time they have no idea what my money goes on.

[Edited on 23-02-2010 by Eck]

How old are you
Cosmo

23rd Feb 10 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 01:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same age as the offending poster, 22 However I think my next car will probably get the same reaction
Generation

23rd Feb 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If was anyone elsebut you, I may of beleived it
Generation

23rd Feb 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Same age as the offending poster, 22 However I think my next car will probably get the same reaction

That really is bad
Cosmo

23rd Feb 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

That really is bad

He is buying a Ferrari next like.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, if I could afford the insurance, I'd take out ridiculous finance for a 355.
Generation

23rd Feb 10 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you parents put more money into saving and pay for insurance on the 355?
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 10 at 01:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they'd object to paying thousands in a year compared to the £600ish I'm paying for insurance just now tbh. Oh, and how would putting more into savings pay for the Insurance?
Twiggy

23rd Feb 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advise your mum that you cant afford a new house. And you want to have a bit of fun while you can. Ask your mum to jib into your place?

I used to pay £10 pr week and my mum and dads !!!
Tom

23rd Feb 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd suggest if she isn't willing to give you a reason why you can't get the car/give you the option to pay more money (whilst still getting the car) then you should be thinking about moving out. It seems she's just interested in you saving...saving...saving to add to your deposit and move out. Do as suggested and sell your £8.5k car and get something cheaper, put the funds towards your deposit and go see a IFA about getting a mortgage, i'm pretty sure you'd get a £65k mortgage if you were throwing in a £25k deposit.
Colin

23rd Feb 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i have neve paid any rent or anything towards food and things still live at home but moving out very soon and always had the cars i wanted, holidays i wanted. dont see why some parents are like this. id want my kids to enjoy their life.
I do help out round the house though.
just get the car and tell your mum when you are older then you will return the favour and build a granny annix on the side of your house

Same here, I paid fuck all & because of it i'd like to think it helped me move out a bit quicker as I was saving £xxx a month towards setting myself up & not paying my parents for bed & board that they dont need

I was out by the age of 22, tbh it was my mothers nagging, annoying, ocd, HER - when are you coming home? ME - Im 22 ffs, Wednesday if I feel like it!!

Best thing ive ever done was move out of the parents gaff, I think its what you should do as well.

As for not being able to afford anything 'decent' just get somewhere ok-ish for the time being, so long as its yours & has a front door - who cares!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice..... 22 database queries in 0.0143549 seconds