corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a good look at this man... a man who has won the title with every club he managed.

Does he really look like the kind of fuker to let us all down.....I dont think so.

Capello has targeted the strengths of England, the Premier League is the best league in the world and the pace of the games is quite incredible. For some reason previous England teams played a rather slow continental type game, why? It just does not make sense. Capello has realised this and the players are now chasing down each ball, winning the fifty-fifty challenges and playing as if their lives depended on it.

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Dr Pepper]
mwg

24th Feb 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets jump the gun and get a bus vinyl wrapped to celebrate winning the World Cup already then hope no one takes a picture to put on the internet if it all goes wrong. Sounds familiar?

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by mwg]
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Lets jump the gun and get a bus vinyl wrapped to celebrate winning the World Cup already then hope no one takes a picture to put on the internet if it all goes wrong. Sounds familiar?

Not really. Who would be THAT stupid, honestly? Surely no one has done this is the past?
mwg

24th Feb 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your right, that would be stupid. I guess I just got caught up in the moment, now I've had time to think about it that would just be asking for trouble wouldn't it...
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh Matt, you do get carried away sometimes

Imagine if someone did do that though, how embarrassing would it be if they didn't win? Ohhhh that would be too much to bare. Still, i suppose no one would ever know, unless someone took a photo and put it on the internet....but im sure that would never happen

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by JonnyJ]
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next you'll be saying the FA are offering tickets online for the final...
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right back on topic..... I expected an initial burst of scepticism.

Time to reveal another reason why we will definately win the world cup

Altitude .... The height of the grounds compared to sea level will play a crucial part in this tornament.

As luck would have it England have the perfect draw to deal with the altitude problem(So as well as Capello getting us a lucky draw, he also got us drawn at the right venues.....legend)

The draw means England will play only one group game at altitude, with their opening game against the USA taking place in Rustenburg, at an altitude of just over 1,000 meters, where the team are likely to be based. So we will have our training camp pre season, and our training camp for the first game at the highest altitude venue in the tornament.......that is an absolutely massive advatnge for us.

The second two games will be at a more favourable altitude for England, with the games against Algeria and Slovenia to be held at Cape Town and Port Elizabeth respectively....so we will play the other two teams who have not had the altitude training that we have.

We will obviously win the group and that will then take us back to playing at Rustenberg and high altitude against either Germany/sebia - neither of whom has trained at altitude......so we have a huge advantge in the last 16.

Then in the last 8 and semis we will play at sea level....but the venues are close to rustenburg- so we will stay there and train there. We will have been training and playing at altitude for a month at this stage and we will be playing at sea level against teams with no altitude training.

Its a huge advantage to have two group games at low altitude before having some practice at altitude prior to a sea level semifinal and then a return to altitude for the finals.

Then the Final is played at Joburg at the second highest altitude level after Rustenburg.... we could well play a team in the final that has no altitude training in the competition.

This is a major reason as to why we will win it. You can not underestimate this. If you look at cricket - a sport which is not as physical as football we still have to go out to play a test match at Joburg two weeks early so we can train at altitude. Its not just your lungs that get punished by playing at altitude, it directly effects the way a ball will travel through the air.

The key point is how this will effect play. Consider a non-spinning 18 m free kick (about 20 yds) hit a-la Ronaldo at about 60 mph (94 km/h). A trajectory program, assuming no wind, calculates that the ball would take around 0.82 s at sea-level in Durban or Port Elizabeth. The same shot would take about 2 hundredths of a second less time in Johannesburg.
Put another way, the ball in Jo’burg would be around 41 cm ahead of the ball in Durban.

We are obviously gonna be at a massive advantge when we play at altitude against other teams who havnt aclimatised, but we will also be at a big advante when we come back down to sea level. Olympic athletes dont train at altitude for fun- they do it because you can not succeed without that training- you get that much of an advantage.

Seriously people----- its time to start believing....this one is in the bag
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Thats a fantastic idea..... I think the FA should release details of how we plan to celebrate winning the world cup now. That way we can get the time off work, arrange baby sitters ect ect.

Thats more the kind of thinking we are looking for in this thread.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres more on the altitude benifits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/simonaustin/2009/12/fabio_capello_will_be_setting.html
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You decided on your tattoo yet?
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
You decided on your tattoo yet?

Good thinking...

If i get "England world cup winners 2010" tattood on my forehead now then maybe more people will believe.

Thats something I need to give some serious consideration to
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Former England defender Gary Mabbutt, who has been advising the World Cup organisers about their team bases, says: "Any team with ambitions of winning the World Cup needs to be based at altitude."

Rustenburg is 4,920 ft above sea level, which is higher than every host city apart from Johannesburg, at 5,750 ft. All eight groups will feature games played at both sea level and altitude, as will the knock-out games.

"Going from altitude to sea level is a benefit. Going the other way, the team would be absolutely shattered," added Mabbutt.

And the World Cup ambassador thinks Rustenburg, which is a two-hour drive north of Johannesburg, would be a good location in which to be based.

"This is a very quiet spot of the country with some beautiful scenery," he said. "It will also be one of the best climates. Johannesburg can get very cold in the mornings and nights, while Cape Town can be very wet in the winter. Rustenburg will be much warmer and drier."

The mining town of Rustenburg is a stark contrast to England's glamorous 2006 base, Baden Baden though.

There are no luxury shops or boutiques there and my BBC Sport colleague Gabby Logan, who will present a special Inside Sport programme on the World Cup on Monday, said: "I couldn't help noticing as we stopped off at the Shell garage on the way down to Rustenburg that it was probably the highlight of the area.

"Perhaps we'll get the players nipping out to the garage for a can of pop in the evenings."
Mabbutt thinks the lack of distractions in the area will appeal to Capello though.

"Teams will be looking to get their players focussed on the job at hand, which is to win the World Cup final," he said.

"This is a very quiet part of the country, with the main attraction about 30km away at Sun City, and that would appeal to any manager."
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully now your starting to see that we are big favourites for the world cup.

I have more evidence to back up this fact...but I have to do some work now so that will have to wait for another day.

In the name of the Rooney, The Lampard and the Holy Capello

Amen.

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just thinking about people we need to point and laugh at after we win the world cup.....this coont must be top of the list. Unlucky you miserable little sweaty - England won a major before you did -- you had your chance and blew it - what a twat
12vStig

24th Feb 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I BELIEVE!!!

Nath

24th Feb 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper have you been hit over the head recently?
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper, so misunderstood
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes getting a Toyota Prius
ajscorsa

24th Feb 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from a scottish point of view I hope you's do well but blow it in the final so that I dont have to hear about you winning it every day for the next 15 years
Eck
Premium Member

24th Feb 10 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Capello did that 16yrs ago with a club side, a side he bought the players for, and a side he worked with and trained everyday.

He doesnt with England.

Seriously Cosmo... you are going to look very silly on July 12th at this rate.

lolwat?
mwg

24th Feb 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Capello did that 16yrs ago with a club side, a side he bought the players for, and a side he worked with and trained everyday.

He doesnt with England.

Seriously Cosmo... you are going to look very silly on July 12th at this rate.

lolwat?

Do you want to look silly as well Eck? Behave yourself!
Hammer

24th Feb 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is brought to you by class A drugs and/or serious mental retardation.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I just say this isnt a scotland v england thing. If the scots want to believe in us and support us then they can be part of the celebrations too. I was cheering on Murray against Federer even though I cant stand the guy - its just easier to support him and laugh at him when he loses rather than willing him to lose every game. At least then I can enjoy it when Murray wins and I am also happy when he loses. WIN WIN

I guarantee you will be dissapointed if you are only watching the world cup for england to fail this time...might as well come on board and enjoy the summer.

Do you really want to back against Capello, Rooners, Lampard, Barry, Milner, Gerrard, Rio, Terry winning knock out games?
DC90

24th Feb 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think we have the squad to win the WC, but knowing England we will fuck it up somehow.
Cosmo

24th Feb 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I personally think we have the squad to win the WC, but knowing England we will fuck it up somehow.

I dont doubt we have the squad, we probably have the players to match any side, but we just dont have the mentality.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners 23 database queries in 0.0179248 seconds