corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Play offs thread - Who is going up?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Play offs thread - Who is going up?
antscorsa

User status: Offline
18th May 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happy day!! wembley here i come
Danny P

18th May 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone, and everything can simply fuck off
antscorsa

18th May 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i said the same thing after last years final!
feels worse losing at wembley!
AndyKent

19th May 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Seems none of us are going up this year

I think Dr Pepper will be.

Its alot easier when you can pick your teams at random though
Nath

19th May 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

19th May 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GO ON MILLWALL!!
Nath

19th May 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
GO ON MILLWALL!!

WE ARE MILLWALL, SUPER MILLWALL

OJC1
Ojc

19th May 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do a sweepstake my dad and myself with a load of other people at the start of the year, the aim is to get the lowest amount of points possible by predicting who will win the leagues.

I went for Man Utd so that's 2 points
Ipswich 15 points
Millwall could be 3 points
Notts County 1 point

The only team letting me down is fucking Ipswich, even so I might be on course to pick up 50 quid, I think the winner takes home £500.

So COME ON MILLWALL
Carl

19th May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
We do a sweepstake my dad and myself with a load of other people at the start of the year, the aim is to get the lowest amount of points possible by predicting who will win the leagues.

I went for Man Utd so that's 2 points
Ipswich 15 points
Millwall could be 3 points
Notts County 1 point

The only team letting me down is fucking Ipswich, even so I might be on course to pick up 50 quid, I think the winner takes home £500.

So COME ON MILLWALL

We do similiar. I'm drawing with a mate, he needs millwall and England to win world cup. I needed Charlton, but also got Dag & Red that have a chance and I've got Brazil to Win world cup. I've messed up as I put Wade Elliot to be prem top scorer pissing around, that's on my sheet that has done well.
Ojc

19th May 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, if I let my head rule over my heart and gone for West Brom rather than Ipswich I seriously think I would have won this year.
Carl

19th May 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I know, if I let my head rule over my heart and gone for West Brom rather than Ipswich I seriously think I would have won this year.

True, I think Wade had more chance being Prem top scorer than Ipswich getting promoted.
Ojc

19th May 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I BEG your pardon?
Nath

19th May 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper

19th May 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
Seems none of us are going up this year

I think Dr Pepper will be.

Its alot easier when you can pick your teams at random though

Hardly picked them at random ... was born in a hospital overlooking the manor ground and been to games since I was 3 years old?

Just had £100 on oxford going up again next year - league two is no better than the conference imo.

Unlucky to York- looked a decent team from what ive seen this year .... they have been in the conference 7 years now which I believe is a record for a club thats been relegated from the football league - 4 years in that shitty league was enough for me so I really hope they get out next year - had a few drinks with some york on sunday and they all seemed pretty sound.

So glad Luton didnt get up and I have a feeling they will be there for a while yet...if you dont get out the first year it starts to get very very tough from there on in.....couldnt happen to a nicer club

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

19th May 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where were you when you were shit......

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by Nath]
Dr Pepper

19th May 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where were you when you were shit......

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by Nath]

Lol - thought that would get a bite.

In answer to your question - we are still shit .... but when we were really shit I was in a crowd of 58 that went to watch oxford away at bury in the rain on a tuesday night in a nothing game for both teams .... lowest ever away attendance recorded in the football league i believe

but I did go home and away to watch us get relegated from championship(then division one)
then get promoted back to championship,
then we went bust and I donated to buckets going round the ground to keep us in business,
then we got relegated and had our spiritural home sold and replaced with a disgusting 3 sided shithole named after our cheating arab of an owner,
then we went through 4 or 5 managers
then we got relegated,
then we threw away a few div 2 leagues when we were miles clear,
about 15 managers came and went before club legend jim smith came back and we got relegated out of the league,
then we threw away the conference the first year when unbeaten in january and 2-0 up with 20 minutes of the playoffs left -
then we nearly got relegated to the conference south

I was too young to see oxford win the league cup and dont properly remember them being anything other than shit.

If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it

Luton along with tranmere and portsmouth are the places I would least like to go and watch my football - horrible areas with what seems like a huge porportion of ugly dim witted fans

Marc

19th May 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
Nath

19th May 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bite? Hardly. Merely saying what everyone else is thinking. I'll read the essay later. Probably a load of guff anyway.
Ojc

19th May 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when Oxford were in Division 1 in '92 when we got promoted to the first Premier League, we drew with them to get promoted.
Dr Pepper

19th May 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A bite? Hardly. Merely saying what everyone else is thinking. I'll read the essay later. Probably a load of guff anyway.

"what everyone else is thinking" - not sure many other people care to be honest.

No idea why you have it in your head that I have only just started to support oxford????

Sorry that I typed such a long post, I know reading levels amoungst Luton fans are a long way off the national average.

Enjoy the Blue Square next year anyway .... sure the rest of the football going public hope you stay down there away from real football grounds for as long as possible.

JonnyJ

19th May 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do seem to know your Oxford history, i think its just that you came out of nowhere posting as an Oxford fan as soon as they made the Play off final.

However, i believe you and i wish you all that best, like us, Luton and Cambridge you don't belong in the BSP. It was only down to fucked up owners that we all ended up in this god forsaken hell hole of a league

And aye we are now joint longest serving members of the Conference, along with Crawley who came up when we came down. Depressing statistic and why you will understand how massive that match on Sunday was for us, nothing ever goes for us, ever

The oxford fans were decent folk though, gracious in victory which was nice as i thought we were very gracious in defeat. I stayed to clap our team and also applauded the Oxford team on their efforts as they fully deserved it, not just in that match but over the course of the season. That was, however, the first match this season that you deserved to beat us

And to put the record straight with Luton fans, Dr. P, most are sound, i went to the league away game on a tuesday night, drunk in a pub full of luton fans and saw not a spot of bother. They do have certain issues to address with these "fans" who only turn up for the massive games with intentions of causing trouble but they aren't the only ones (Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Cardiff etc)

Enjoy the Football League.
Danny P

19th May 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember playing Oxford and Efe Sodje cheated in the game at Huddersfield and got Allsopp sent off. Then we played Oxford and thier ground they were giving him some right stick, however he went on to score the winner in a 1-0 win and i've genually never seen anyone look as happy as Efe did when he was celebrating that goal
Dr Pepper

19th May 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at that game at huddersfield - and I was one of the people giving him stick at our place.... I thought Allsopp elbowed or punched him though? Allsopp was a right nasty bastard. Looked like it was a red card from where I was.
Nath

19th May 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

"what everyone else is thinking" - not sure many other people care to be honest.

No idea why you have it in your head that I have only just started to support oxford????

Sorry that I typed such a long post, I know reading levels amoungst Luton fans are a long way off the national average.

Enjoy the Blue Square next year anyway .... sure the rest of the football going public hope you stay down there away from real football grounds for as long as possible.

Actually I was reading on my phone as I have a job. You know what a job is right?

Good timing to announce you're a life long Oxford fan though.

Welcome to Sports Day
Nath

19th May 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

And to put the record straight with Luton fans, Dr. P, most are sound, i went to the league away game on a tuesday night, drunk in a pub full of luton fans and saw not a spot of bother. They do have certain issues to address with these "fans" who only turn up for the massive games with intentions of causing trouble but they aren't the only ones (Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Cardiff etc)

No mate, we are all thugs who can't read. If you don't believe me I'm willing to fight you! I have loads of coins in my pocket! Fucking come on!!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Play offs thread - Who is going up? 23 database queries in 0.0178330 seconds