corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 years - then bang

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4 years - then bang
Daimo B

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

If you're going to drive it like the VXR then i wouldnt get an s3 as you would never be using the haldex so it would be dead weight you're carrying around.

people are assuming its driven like a fanny just because its not bounced off the limiter.

Its driven properly, its just not thrashed. 1st gear is always the weak point in a box, and tbh racing a new in a 1.1 saxo really doesn't interest us of the lights. I never rev my bikes to the redline, so why would I do it in a car that isn't mine? Donnas in constent traffic most of the time. Its a daily car.

If it gets used, its on some back roads, but then it still doesn't need thrashing to be driven at pace.

Or can people not quite get the difference between thrashing a car, and using a car with a bit of respect It gets used, just not thrashed.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
its not presumptions daimo, lazy engines last longer and the attached components are engineered better/stronger.

my gearbox has had the oil changed once in 15yrs, i give the car hell, and its still perfect after 189,000miles, the original clutch lasted 180,000miles odd

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]

Thats great, feel happy in your purchase. Good for you.

Not keen V6 engines. Why are you even still going on, i've told you you dont know anything, so stop presuming.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt

Fantastic handling, the salesmen went away to Italy last month to drive them, they had Golf's GTI's and other similiar cars there to be driven and from what i hear the Giulietta is leagues above them

They look brilliant too, we had a left hooker promo car here yesterday, finished off in the optional 8c red its simply stunning!

never had a problem with the new TBI engine either

Thats the issue, he had to go to Italy, which mean none are in the UK, and if they are there will be a waiting list, which means at least a 2-3 month wait. Too long, we have no car during this time.

I love it, interiors nice, stylings good, powers fine, jsut cant buy a car without testing it first ourselves
Nismo

9th Jun 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Whats the point in owning a sports hatch / car if your not going to give them abuse

Because we want to? Whats that got to do with anyone

I've got a 160mph motorbike, does it mean I should thrash it everywhere?

thanks, but we'd like to keep our licenses. its not all about boyracing off the lights and driving at 150mph everywhere.

Didnt say it is, i just fail to see the point in buy a performance car to potter around and worry about it, theres bigger things in life to worry about.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please read few posts above nismo.

Again, can't peopel grasp, just because its not thrashed everywhere like a vtec, its not used.

Yes, it sits at 1500rpm and changed gear at 2000rpm.......

So when your driving to work, do you put your foot down everywhere you go? Do you race 1.2 corsas off the lights to make you feel good inside

Great, we don't. Its a normal car, driven how a normal car would normally be driven, not how a 17 year old would drive it.

You don't need to thrash an engine to maintain good cornering speed etc.
Kurt

9th Jun 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Kurt

Fantastic handling, the salesmen went away to Italy last month to drive them, they had Golf's GTI's and other similiar cars there to be driven and from what i hear the Giulietta is leagues above them

They look brilliant too, we had a left hooker promo car here yesterday, finished off in the optional 8c red its simply stunning!

never had a problem with the new TBI engine either

Thats the issue, he had to go to Italy, which mean none are in the UK, and if they are there will be a waiting list, which means at least a 2-3 month wait. Too long, we have no car during this time.

I love it, interiors nice, stylings good, powers fine, jsut cant buy a car without testing it first ourselves

Theres a left hooker doing the rounds, perhaps find out when your local dealer is due one? trouble is its for showroom use not test drives.. but means you could get a close up look

I know for a fact we've ordered some stock cars, i was speaking to one of our managers the other day..

still gonna be a few months though and like you say no car, run around while your waiting?
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
its not presumptions daimo, lazy engines last longer and the attached components are engineered better/stronger.

my gearbox has had the oil changed once in 15yrs, i give the car hell, and its still perfect after 189,000miles, the original clutch lasted 180,000miles odd

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]

Thats great, feel happy in your purchase. Good for you.

Not keen V6 engines. Why are you even still going on, i've told you you dont know anything, so stop presuming.

A) you will get the astra fixed and keep it
B) you will trade the astra in and end up with a diesel hatchback

if either doesn't come true i will admit i know nothing
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Do you race 1.2 corsas off the lights to make you feel good inside

i do
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same here, when i get beat by something much faster i go and find some young lad in a shitbox and race him
Ian W

9th Jun 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Please read few posts above nismo.

Again, can't peopel grasp, just because its not thrashed everywhere like a vtec, its not used.

Yes, it sits at 1500rpm and changed gear at 2000rpm.......

So when your driving to work, do you put your foot down everywhere you go? Do you race 1.2 corsas off the lights to make you feel good inside

Great, we don't. Its a normal car, driven how a normal car would normally be driven, not how a 17 year old would drive it.

You don't need to thrash an engine to maintain good cornering speed etc.

Agree 100%.

I use my S3 for just driving to work for the most part which involves cruising in 6th on the motorway, doesn't mean I don't enjoy having a bit of poke for when I need it though - just means I don't bouce it off the limiter everytime I drive it like I used to in my redtop

Plus normally the range topper is more than just performance, its the full package (although you can normally spec lower models right up now though I think)
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

A) you will get the astra fixed and keep it
B) you will trade the astra in and end up with a diesel hatchback

if either doesn't come true i will admit i know nothing

a) Doubtfull now
b) Possibly. 2.0 Derv, 3.0 derv, 2.0 petrol turbo. It'll be one of those 3 probably.

Cars possible, but your presuming our finances which you can't do.

I have bikes, if I want to go really fast I use them. Moved on, getting old, Astra was awful over speed bumps, but a great little car. Want something better quality, more refined and comfy (although the astra seats were superb).

And a cup holder
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W

Agree 100%.

I use my S3 for just driving to work for the most part which involves cruising in 6th on the motorway, doesn't mean I don't enjoy having a bit of poke for when I need it though - just means I don't bouce it off the limiter everytime I drive it like I used to in my redtop

Plus normally the range topper is more than just performance, its the full package (although you can normally spec lower models right up now though I think)

its jsut nice to have the power there when you want. That cars doing a sh1te speed, no knocking it down a few gears. its nice to leave it in 6th, pull out and overtake in a lazy manner. Astra was great for it.

Would spec a lower model, but its got have some umph at least. Donnas been looking at the 160bhp dervs, but I want her to drive it. I prefer a derv power delivery on the road, but she likes petrol, so thats why I need her to get out and drive some cars as she doesn't really drive anything else.
jr

9th Jun 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A5 3.0TDI

sorted
Fro

9th Jun 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

If you're going to drive it like the VXR then i wouldnt get an s3 as you would never be using the haldex so it would be dead weight you're carrying around.

people are assuming its driven like a fanny just because its not bounced off the limiter.

Its driven properly, its just not thrashed. 1st gear is always the weak point in a box, and tbh racing a new in a 1.1 saxo really doesn't interest us of the lights. I never rev my bikes to the redline, so why would I do it in a car that isn't mine? Donnas in constent traffic most of the time. Its a daily car.

If it gets used, its on some back roads, but then it still doesn't need thrashing to be driven at pace.

Or can people not quite get the difference between thrashing a car, and using a car with a bit of respect It gets used, just not thrashed.

Not referring to racing cars off the lights etc was more aiming at if you're buying the s3 just for the fact its 4x4 its going to be FWD 90% of the time so would make more sense to not pay the premium imo. although i love the blue ones!
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
A5 3.0TDI

sorted

£40k+ with that engine and options.

Fro, shes test driving an S3 saturday. She don't hang around Not my first choice in cars, but her car and her want.

265bhp 2.0 16v Turbo units arn't they? Need to do some reading on them.
Ojc

9th Jun 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Daimo are u ok?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hows your gearbox boy
Colin

9th Jun 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro

9th Jun 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by jr
A5 3.0TDI

sorted

£40k+ with that engine and options.

Fro, shes test driving an S3 saturday. She don't hang around Not my first choice in cars, but her car and her want.

265bhp 2.0 16v Turbo units arn't they? Need to do some reading on them.

Jah, remap = 300+
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't be mapped, it'll stay standard.

I think I could have it mapped, but tbh, i'd rather spend the £500 odd on something for my bike Not that i've got that money availble at the moment anyway.

Oliver, yes, much better now thanks. VXRonline arn't that much helping terms of detailed info.

Are you worried about your box now. I would be.
Colin

9th Jun 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a BMW......135i Msport Coupe
Jambo

9th Jun 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin
aron

9th Jun 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone with a vxr should probably sell up before their gearbox goes
Colin

9th Jun 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or an Imola Yellow TTS

Fro

9th Jun 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
What about a BMW......135i Msport Coupe

RAPIDDDD!!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 years - then bang 22 database queries in 0.0180302 seconds