corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regional Groups
mattk

User status: Offline
21st Jun 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike should deffo be an organiser
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant find any info on the next ken meet. is there anything up or nothing sorted?
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i cant find any info on the next ken meet. is there anything up or nothing sorted?

RR day in August hopefully, I've not had chance to confirm anything yet though. It will be in the Fife area if you wan't to come up for the day.
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only thing i know of that i want to go to in august is ultimate ken car at crail. if its not that weekend shouldnt be a problem.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not organising anything til after SMC show.

Think Adams holding a meet the weekend before it at the old barony power station in Auchinleck
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we (scotland region) need to find out how many active members we have, I've noticed a fair few new active members in the last year aswell, so we can work out who would be best to do the organising, pick 2 people local to the majority of the members as it's just 1 big region currently, it's pointless having 2 organisers that live close together.

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by DannyB]
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, one northern and one southern would be good.

Theres a lot of Corsas out there, just not many on here.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
i did bring the subject of lack of organising of eets in the s/e at pvs and i have to say one thing about the se meets im not going to slate the organisers because when we do have a meet they are always good but we havent had one in the se region since january i nknow id dint go or i dont make many of them but thats for one reason they are always 5 mins from where the organisers live the wharf for example how far is that from jr 10 mins or so the other meets ive been to are all uo that way like i said im slating them as they always turn out good but it would be nice if they could come down a little more s/e like to the coast hastings etc

Most of the time the places we have agreed to are known places which we know will be alright and open and yes they have been convient for the organisers. Last time I said lets go to the Whalf and thats a good 45 minutes to an hour from me.I do completely understand though that our meets are so far from the coast. If we can organise a day somewhere near you and people will turn up then I think we should do it
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie

If we restricted it to Corsas hardly anyone would be there that's the good thing about CS, it's more of a community in my eyes. Since I've been on this site I haven't owned a Corsa. I'm here because I like the way the site is and the people, there's no other site like it.
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cole is right though. if the meet was at the end of my road id go no problems.
willay
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he is, we should go to the coast and eat ice cream from cones.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come to Scotland faggot, it's hot and we have good roads.
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Archie

If we restricted it to Corsas hardly anyone would be there that's the good thing about CS, it's more of a community in my eyes. Since I've been on this site I haven't owned a Corsa. I'm here because I like the way the site is and the people, there's no other site like it.

All my local sites have fell on there arse tbh, i prefer using this site, good chat, and a decent variety of non corsa owners.
willay
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

GTF
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
yeah he is, we should go to the coast and eat ice cream from cones.

Another CS Day out at the seaside?
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

GTF

Me and you are going to fight William. Seriously, have you ever been up this way for any shows or track days etc? in the 2 and some years I've been on here I've not noticed anything.
antnee

21st Jun 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem with EM is the counties it involves. Nottingham and Derby are right next to each other yet they are in different CS regions!

We have a monthly Seat meet, last weds of every month, same place, same time, always have 15+ cars turning up, and word is starting to get out so more and more new people are turning up. People go to that meet from Leicestershire, Loughborough, Notts, Derby and even Yorkshire! Had a few from Birmingham way before.

I think monthly meets, same time and place work well, as people know about them and can plan stuff around the meets.

Friends have also been known to organise bigger Sunday meets at Pubs/Country Parks where 50-70 cars turn up over a few forums. One of our best ones was at Rother Valley Park in South Yorkshire.
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

GTF

that kind of attitude is why meets fail. if its not on your doorstep, people wont go. shame on you for that repsonse. support the club, not gtf it.
willay
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

GTF

Me and you are going to fight William. Seriously, have you ever been up this way for any shows or track days etc? in the 2 and some years I've been on here I've not noticed anything.

Apparently all the shows are pants and I'd like to come up north for a track day or two but it involves a few days off work atm
Gareth F

21st Jun 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If SC is split into two then i think Rich, Me and Neil should mod SoSC together. Mainly due to the fact were normally the only ones at them
Mini meets FTW
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a fair treck up this way. You should try make it to a TrackScotland day, the one Saturday gone was brilliant, hot as feck and plenty of nice cars. You could make a weekend of it.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Mike should deffo be an organiser

Done

Official title at last Mike

Been working hard enough anyway
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, national meet? have you had one before?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a WTF moment when I refreshed the main page then

Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few but they do suffer from being in car parks or places where there's not much to do once you get there.

In fact some of them from years ago were actually massive. We did a Rother Valley one that wasn't even official but it was enormous. Plus retail parks prior to that.

Nothing recently though.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups 22 database queries in 0.0187778 seconds