corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa haters
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be totally honest Nic, I respect you, I can't help doing with how that Corsa of yours goes. Ok, we have had disagreements in the past but I think I haven't seen these posts you talk about? I still, from time to time, reply in the tech sections but I have forgotten so much as I haven't kept my hand in. I turned into one of those 'Cosmo' type mongs that just posts crap everywhere with no technical knowledge. Well, I haven't but that is how I feel of late.

TBH, the fact that my LET has no engine number (as many dont TBH, same with XE's) means I probably will do another as I am not giving the fucking thing away.

£7k for your Corsa? Serious?
Colin

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
tbh nic if its that big a problem then some IT boffin member needs to create a similar site which all us corsa haters can migrate to in a single movement & get on with whatever it is we do so wrong on here.

Im not interested in Corsa's anymore the same sense that im not interested in lego or action man anymore...............all 3 are things ive now stopped playing with, however good they were at the time there not as interesting any more.

Members have moved on, the sites maybe whats not moved with them.

well if you are not interested, why kick up such a fuss about money if someone wants to do whatever to a corsa? if you are not interested, dont pass judgement and comment. offday is there for a reason.

Why not..................
Nic Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
at the end of the day why should people that have been on this site for donkeys yrs move to another site i personally have made a lot of good freinds from here and i wont be leaving anytime soon as im usre the likes of others i.e colin ak ojc stevew vxr its not just about corsas its the atmosphere of this site we all like

thats not what i am saying though cole.

i am asking why a corsa site has so many people that go out of their way to slate anything corsa related? i dont care how long people have been around. it seems constantly that its just a slagging off, of what the site was built upon.
Cole

6th Jul 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh barnes engine is worth 7k
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

in risk of being slated, yes.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who slags them???

I dont think I do......unless someones comes up with something totally daft, in which case the majority of people corsa owners & otherwise do.

I think this would be a very boring site if only corsa drivers pottered about, it would die a death. If we can make a place to post on WR then i'd happily sign in there knowing the same folk will be in attendance & leave this place to the wolves.
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

in risk of being slated, yes.

PM'd.
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Who slags them???

I dont think I do......unless someones comes up with something totally daft, in which case the majority of people corsa owners & otherwise do.

I think this would be a very boring site if only corsa drivers pottered about, it would die a death. If we can make a place to post on WR then i'd happily sign in there knowing the same folk will be in attendance & leave this place to the wolves.

No idea what WR is?

Any site will die if you are as rigid as Nath's penis at the sight of Marc being online.

Corsa's will not last forever, the B is certainly getting towards the end of it's lifespan, it has long since peaked. You need a something else to prolong life of a forum. A Corsa will not give that. You get a lot of txt typin tw@s sinin up az dey iz bad. Those types should FUCK OFF!
Cole

6th Jul 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be funny if you actually had just said ok i will take it letgsi lol
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WR is Ians other site, which has never really taken off.

I say if this is a problem then shift everyone thats not corsa based onto some space over there & we will make that site as good as this one is, leaving this place to the corsa massive!!
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
would be funny if you actually had just said ok i will take it letgsi lol

You mean Nics car?

I am very interested.

Nic knows, as I do that it is a lot of money for a car, especially a Corsa, and I doubt it is concours but I have already PM'd him as I am very seriously interested and I have the money here.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
WR is Ians other site, which has never really taken off.

I say if this is a problem then shift everyone thats not corsa based onto some space over there & we will make that site as good as this one is, leaving this place to the corsa massive!!

thats not what i am saying. although readin into what you typing there, are you basically saying that you have no interest ina nything corsa related and while here will continue to put them down at all times?

or can you chose to ignore such posts about corsas, like i do with your ive got lots of money posts and read something else?

its not the people, its the hatred for what the site stands for that i dont understand.
lostboy
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree I don't see why so many people feel the need to talk about cars except Corsa's on here, yeah the "I want a new car these are my choices, what should I test drive" fair enough but you could always use google or a forum dedicated to the car you stick your dick up the exhaust pipe.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jul 10 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This troubles me as well.

The solution lies in doing something about it.

TVL for me was a full-on wake up call. We struggled to get a Corsa Sport stand full of Corsas to a national show at a venue we know. Its healthier now because we spammed the crap out of it but it's still not a confident 100 cars like we used to do at PVS.

I also don't agree that the Corsa B getting older makes the site smaller. Hence why I want more C and D, and whatever else comes along. That isn't the walk in the park that filling the place with Bs was, but it's not impossible to continue to grow even with competition on those models.

And if we have more people talking about BMWs and Hondas then perhaps we're doing something right in some strange way. I would prefer that they took that to WR - but perhaps WR is also not the place. It certainly doesn't command the same level of response as a thread on here does.

Future for me is to get back to grass roots and have a proper Corsa web site, see what we can do to harness the movement to other cars and see what we can do about newer Corsas.

And I'm actually fairly positive about it.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
I agree I don't see why so many people feel the need to talk about cars except Corsa's on here, yeah the "I want a new car these are my choices, what should I test drive" fair enough but you could always use google or a forum dedicated to the car you stick your dick up the exhaust pipe.

thats really not what i said at all.

threads about other cars arent the issue. i like to read about other cars and what people have been doing etc. its when threads about corsas are made that issues happen and people bandwagon it slating corsas constantly.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think I do put them down, im just saying there not where my interest lay nowdays so im not going to say there great when I know there not.

The problem exists because the corsas their 1st car, they drive it for a few years then move on, your the exception & have done some crazy things.

What ive got lots of money posts??

Ive been on here for 10yrs & respect peoples opinions.
_Allan_

6th Jul 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people are just better at dishing out the shite until the subject hits home
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The problem exists because the corsas their 1st car, they drive it for a few years then move on, your the exception & have done some crazy things.

thats where i disagree. im not an exception at all. there are some mental corsas that people on other sites have that wouldnt even remotely think of posting up on here about. mostly as people that want to understand will have to sift through all the slating posts, and people that dont car will say like corsa nut did on anther thread about imprezas.

lets be honest, you havent any interest in anything ive done with the corsa i have. and thats fair enough. if you cant see past "its just a corsa" replies, then really, why post up in corsa related threads? i dont mean you specifically colin. i just quoted you and then replied. its not personal.
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
This troubles me as well.

The solution lies in doing something about it.

TVL for me was a full-on wake up call. We struggled to get a Corsa Sport stand full of Corsas to a national show at a venue we know. Its healthier now because we spammed the crap out of it but it's still not a confident 100 cars like we used to do at PVS.

I also don't agree that the Corsa B getting older makes the site smaller. Hence why I want more C and D, and whatever else comes along. That isn't the walk in the park that filling the place with Bs was, but it's not impossible to continue to grow even with competition on those models.

And if we have more people talking about BMWs and Hondas then perhaps we're doing something right in some strange way. I would prefer that they took that to WR - but perhaps WR is also not the place. It certainly doesn't command the same level of response as a thread on here does.

Future for me is to get back to grass roots and have a proper Corsa web site, see what we can do to harness the movement to other cars and see what we can do about newer Corsas.

And I'm actually fairly positive about it.

Ian, most Corsa owners can, IMO, only budget for one show a year so it is hardly surprising they couldn't commit to another show.

All sites are quiter due to the being fragmented by shit sites taking away the userbase.
Adam_B

6th Jul 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant say ive noticed a monumental slating of Corsas recently? any examples?
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jul 10 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even doing one show, they could be busier if there were more people doing them.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd happilly go to another site no problem if I could take all the people of whom's company I enjoy with me.

I believe that its not the subject of this forum which makes it great...its the people that post on it, take that away & your left with very little!!

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by Colin]
lostboy
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Cant say ive noticed a monumental slating of Corsas recently? any examples?

Sure.

Corsa B's are the new charvamobile with typical shit vauxhall build quality, buberry hat attracting, wankers car.

Happy?
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd happilly go to another site no problem if I could take all the people of whom's company I enjoy with me.

Its not the subject of this forum that makes it great...its the people that post on it, take that away & your left with very little!!

correct. although leave it and you are left with very little of anything that resembles a corsa forum aswell. its difficult either way.

in terms of shows and events. where do these people that you enjoy their company come in to it? are they going to attend on the stand, show their car etc and represent this site? thats the problem i see anyway. its not the content of other cars and other interests as you are right, it makes it with the people a good forum. just think how you can represent the forum?
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont slag them im bloody sure of this. I might say negatives regarding them to people I feel are mis-informed or need direction. I'd do hat for any make or model ive had experience with.

Ive recently posted pics linked from here on a BMW forum to be laughed at (you go on a corsa forum) to which ive stuck up for the place.

Nic barns likes to lay it on thick with stuff like the above, which is fine....doesnt bother me.

I just like what this place offers, im sure that could be recreated though if this place was to become more directed towards its title.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters 22 database queries in 0.0219722 seconds