corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever had to outrun the police?

Poll: Ever had to outrun the police?
  YES
  NO

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever had to outrun the police?
mattk

User status: Offline
21st Aug 10 at 03:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to out run them on a regular basis when I was in my young teens, packed it in one night when they got the helecopter out one night, didnt come out for a week after that
SetH

21st Aug 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left my village going 40 in a 30 and passed a crotch rocket pig that was parked up. As you leave the village it opens into a 60 so I floored it. Unfortunately my courtenay panel filter and scorpion back box were not enough. In fact my corsa was so shit slow that I don't think the crotch rocket pig thought I was trying to escape
Limecat
Banned

21st Aug 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it when I was young and stupid in my old Nova GTE and again in my R5 Turbo when I vanished off down Bonis Hall mainly on 3 wheels. They couldn't get near that GTT, even with the clutch slipping.

Another time, whilst the GTE was in a police pound and the GTT was once again blown up, I was using my Mums car and went onto an industrial estate to rattle the Mrs. Anyway, I was spuds deep in her on the back seat when these blue lights came on behind, I jumped into the front and drove off like a man posessed. I missed my turn too, so ended up going straight on up some gravel track and almost hitting a gate before turning around. Lucky really, I hadn't put my seatbelt back on and the splitarse was still in the back, imagine crashing only to be found wearing a hardon and a pair of socks with a naked schoolie in the back!?!

I still don't know if that was police or site security but I bet they were pissing themselves to see the car rocking, my White arse jumping back in the front etc.
Xs

21st Aug 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
1 Year later they clocked me at 139.4mph on the same straight going the opposite way, they had a traffic car this time and I only had a cavalier sri, so I got my comuppance.

Police 1 - 1 Shep

Game Over.

Grown up now.

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by ShEp]

What kind of ban did you get for that?
Graham88

21st Aug 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Yes can't really give details! Caused a lot of problems and cost me thousands in the end!

A lot of these storys don't really sound like evading the police! I would class like right behind you, pulled over then booring it as evading the police!

That's quite stupid, lets be honest
Warren G

21st Aug 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - and got away, though didnt know it was the police in a unmarked car

5mins later they turn up at my house (reg plate)

couldnt do fuck all though, they were following me, and headlight beam was annoying me,
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

twice, late at night in two different novas, got pissed off with being pulled all the time so just booted it, hadn't done anything.
wouldnt do it now though, realise how stupid it is

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Me and my mum when taking the Classic Mini down to Colin's mum and dads for storage. It was out of MOT and Tax. We'd had it parked on the street outside our house for a few days while we tried to arrange to get someone to take it to Colins for us. But we got woken in the middle of the night one night with the cops going round the car with a torch looking at the tax disc EEEEK! So we thought we'd get it moved pronto the next day. We waited till it was dark, opened the front door .... omg there they were the cops were sitting in their van directly behind the mini but when they saw us at the door they reversed and disappeared along the road. We waited about 10 mins and decided it was safe to go We got half way along our street and the b*stards were sitting in a cul-de-sac with there lights out. Mum floored it down the street, round a bend and swung in behind some garages and put the lights off. We were shitting ourselves, we could see there headlights going up and down the street. We waited till they disappeared and chanced our luck . They never got us but I was shaking for about an hour afterwards

[Edited on 21-08-2010 by JadeM]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should of realised they were waiting for you to get in it and drive it after they saw you coming out the house

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

should of realised they were waiting for you to get in it and drive it after they saw you coming out the house

LOL We did think it was a bit strange that they drove off instead of confronting us when they saw us
AndyKent

21st Aug 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they saw you come out of your house and get in the car, why didn't they just come back and knock your door
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
If they saw you come out of your house and get in the car, why didn't they just come back and knock your door

On hindsight we now know they were hoping to catch us driving it!!
sand-eel

21st Aug 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I went past a traffic bmw 5series at about 90mph and saw in the rear view them turning round with the blues on, so I roasted it into some small town with lots of back roads coming out of it (luckely they were really close to a big truck in front of them so no way could have been caught on camera).
Another time went about 100mph past a car sitting at the side of the road eating their lunch or something then saw them zooming after me with the blues on, thought they have a diesel focus estate and I have a 2.5L BMW, chances were good so floored it away and on the bit of road I was on it turnes a long left corner so you could see the road you were just on across the sea and I saw them go half way and turn back again to a back road turn off
stuartmitchell

21st Aug 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, smoked an undercover car in my 106 gti on the Forth Rd bridge. Pulled over just at the other end of the bridge lol!
Adam C
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was with a mate a couple of years back in a 1.6 mk4 Astra, did some bad overtaking through a set of traffic lights only to spot a new BMW traffic car coming the other way, he bricked it so floored it down the road, by this time I spotted him turning around behind us with the blue's flashing.

We turned into a Junction on a corner so he couldn't see us turn off and we ended up parked up in an abandoned industrial estate for around 20 minutes, and managed to see the traffic car drive past twice, both times we where bricking it, same mate ended up being banned for 2 years with a 2 year suspended sentence for a different incident with the police.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
JodieSarah

22nd Aug 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car isnt fast enough and i dont have the guts either!
Whittie

22nd Aug 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once, and a close call.

Ended up turning my lights off, going up a slip road, running a red light, and could see ontop of the bridge that they carried on on the motorway. Thinking back, I could of killed somebody, fucking stupid at the time.

Other time was when I had just got a redtop corsa and thought I was the fastest thing in the west, was racing a bmw 323, car was off the clocks, i had to pull off, and the beemer carried on, police shot down the slip road after him, thank god I pulled off.

Just to confim, both these happened on Grand Theft Auto the game
mattk

22nd Aug 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought this was in general not just in the car,

never in the car no
Edd

22nd Aug 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had to outrun the cops on foot many times lol but thats a different thread
Jay

22nd Aug 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was in college one of the lads turned up in his mums Fiesta ZS and he give me a go, I had no licence or nothin, police car behind us turned its lights on to pull us turned out he had robbed a handbag with the keys in it from an office building and told me not to stop so took chase, drove up onto a field between two bollards probably wrote the car off with the damage drove across the field and jumped a fence at the end, the police car stopped at the bollards, never spoke to the lad again, and never done it again although I must admit it was a proper rush at the time, but I have done the odd, put me foot down and take side streets to get away when the police have done a bouncer to come after me.
noshua

22nd Aug 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jay

22nd Aug 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua

Yep stereotypical scouser
jmepamplin

23rd Aug 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Just to confim, both these happened on Grand Theft Auto the game

ShEp

23rd Aug 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
1 Year later they clocked me at 139.4mph on the same straight going the opposite way, they had a traffic car this time and I only had a cavalier sri, so I got my comuppance.

Police 1 - 1 Shep

Game Over.

Grown up now.

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by ShEp]

What kind of ban did you get for that?

Only six months and a £400 fine

The court went easy on me due to the actions of police. Would of been looking at a custodial sentence if the police did everything by

tthe book.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really run away but got away with getting pulled over, deff 3 points were coming my way, I'd just pulled out on a 50 road to overtake some coffin dodgers in a Corsa D on the way to my ex's. I'd committed to the move, 3rd gear, diesel engine a-roaring, speedo flying towards 70-75MPH mark when I see some oink oink pointing a hairdryer at me.

Bollocks.

Didn't even stop to think, flew over the roundabout into a hosungi estate, pulled into a close and saw a Focus with blues and twos go flying past thew road. I was shaking like a leaf

Got my missus at the time to come and pick me up and decided it was safe to go and collect my car about 5 hours later

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever had to outrun the police? 23 database queries in 0.0595310 seconds