corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New cars being released in the next year
whitter45

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
yawn, its company car Paul again.

i never said a golf was good, never have, shopping cars imo, or course an astra is amazing to you, you have only had astras, corsas, polos, all those types of commerical family wagons

people who spend £30k on the scirocco R can and will, i don't think that will include vauxhall nuts living in mums garage and company car owners

i'd buy one, but in 10yrs time

No offence meant to either of you

You state people buy new cars and lose loads of money

You spent 4k on your car but had to put 6k into it and its still off the raod. Whether I have a compnay car or not still doesnt take it away that you have spent 6k on a car

I also have a VXR which is not a company car - so keep the BMW out of it - whats your argument

i've spent about £4.5k on it. Its got decent/nice mods on it, and alot of the parts are new VW bits, no expense spared. I enjoy the journey of sourcing parts for it, discovering things that can be improved with modern technology and parts. Who knows how long i will keep it, for as long as possible i hope. (i may buy other cars along the way, but would always like to know the corrado is tucked away somewhere)

my arguement is, car enthusiasts used to be about working on your car, modifying it, customising it, loving it.

nowadays i come on internet to talk to "car enthusiasts" and most seem to have standard off the shelf cars, they don't like to get stuck in with them, and they boast of mpg, and all the boring stuff from the adverts, then change them after 3yrs.

To me that isn't car enthusiasts, that just members of the owning buying a car

CorsAsh and his RX7 for example i highly approve of his commitment, and because of that he has something a bit different, i imagine he knows the car inside out.

to be an anthusiast doesnt mean you have to replace all parts and buy an old car and then spend 4.5k putting it right

Enthusiants are by definition enthusiasts - they appreciate cars/engineering whichh can include anything - build quality, running costs, car design, engine design, modifying a car, cleaning/detailing car. Its anyone who has a love for cars and appreciates them instead of just a work tool to travel and not really giving a shit

Also you say that the quote is a nice is used too often and that is should be saved for special cars. I dont understand that. Someone can have a nice car but it not be that special - depnds how YOU define nice car

Just doesnt add up. You have VW glasses and are jealous of other people

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by whitter45]
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Anyone else worked out that people just buy a car that looks alright and will get them from A to B?

yes. some people think ''why have you bought that new fiesta?'' you could have got such and such for the same amount of money.

the fact is, the alternative is probably 10+ years old, not in warranty, isn't new and they might not like the look/feel of them.

exactly, so those people should buy the fiesta and shut up about, people with them butt into conversations to say how "Nippy" their car is, or the features it has. Erm to me, thats like owning an ipod and trying to boast about it
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Anyone else worked out that people just buy a car that looks alright and will get them from A to B?

yes. some people think ''why have you bought that new fiesta?'' you could have got such and such for the same amount of money.

the fact is, the alternative is probably 10+ years old, not in warranty, isn't new and they might not like the look/feel of them.

exactly, so those people should buy the fiesta and shut up about, people with them butt into conversations to say how "Nippy" their car is, or the features it has. Erm to me, thats like owning an ipod and trying to boast about it

Whatttt

so your saying if osmeone gets new car thats nice to drive they cant post about it being nippy ofr good to drive

instead they need to have a shitter with all original parts replaced

get real you idiot
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
yawn, its company car Paul again.

i never said a golf was good, never have, shopping cars imo, or course an astra is amazing to you, you have only had astras, corsas, polos, all those types of commerical family wagons

people who spend £30k on the scirocco R can and will, i don't think that will include vauxhall nuts living in mums garage and company car owners

i'd buy one, but in 10yrs time

No offence meant to either of you

You state people buy new cars and lose loads of money

You spent 4k on your car but had to put 6k into it and its still off the raod. Whether I have a compnay car or not still doesnt take it away that you have spent 6k on a car

I also have a VXR which is not a company car - so keep the BMW out of it - whats your argument

i've spent about £4.5k on it. Its got decent/nice mods on it, and alot of the parts are new VW bits, no expense spared. I enjoy the journey of sourcing parts for it, discovering things that can be improved with modern technology and parts. Who knows how long i will keep it, for as long as possible i hope. (i may buy other cars along the way, but would always like to know the corrado is tucked away somewhere)

my arguement is, car enthusiasts used to be about working on your car, modifying it, customising it, loving it.

nowadays i come on internet to talk to "car enthusiasts" and most seem to have standard off the shelf cars, they don't like to get stuck in with them, and they boast of mpg, and all the boring stuff from the adverts, then change them after 3yrs.

To me that isn't car enthusiasts, that just members of the owning buying a car

CorsAsh and his RX7 for example i highly approve of his commitment, and because of that he has something a bit different, i imagine he knows the car inside out.

to be an anthusiast doesnt mean you have to replace all parts and buy an old car and then spend 4.5k putting it right

Enthusiants are by definition enthusiasts - they appreciate cars/engineering whichh can include anything - build quality, running costs, car design, engine design, modifying a car, cleaning/detailing car. Its anyone who has a love for cars and appreciates them instead of just a work tool to travel and not really giving a shit

Also you say that the quote is a nice is used too often and that is should be saved for special cars. I dont understand that. Someone can have a nice car but it not be that special - depnds how YOU define nice car

Just doesnt add up. You have VW glasses and are jealous of other people

i can think of maybe 2 VW's i like and would buy. Apart from that i don't like the whole VW brand. I agree with Ojc, overpriced and not better than any equivilant

i have corrado glasses on
3CorsaMeal

i'm going to stop talking about it as Jake will come along and throw a fit
whitter45

quote:
quote:
quote:
thats my problem Matt, this whole "nice car" thing is repeated up and down the country all the time. People are either fake or stupid

like pauls BMW, yes everyone will say its a nice car, it is. But its not really special, it will be forgotten about.

Like when you get a new phone, yes you impress people around you, but hundreds of thousands of people are impressing people. To me thats just buying into a product. Don't act like you have achieved something or been a part of it.

it annoys me to see friends/family/strangers gathered around something like a midrange fiesta talking about what a good car they have got, but in reality its not the top of the range, there are better models above it and its common as muck

i feel as if people kid themselves.

you asked about "interesting cars coming out" and its always the same cars people talk about, focus, astra, golf, A3, Ibiza.

A rad is not really that specila though is it and most are now rotters

yes it is mate, i've wanted one since seeing one at the NEC motorshow 92/93, i still have the photo i took when i was 11yrs old. And i can now look outside and see the same car sat on driveway, same colour, same wheels

the fact most are rotten is even better news for me as mine looks pretty much original, i have lots of hard to find or non existant spares for it too.

it may not be special to everyone i know, but alot of people seem to have a lot of respect for it. I've had old men run into the road to shout i used to have one of them, people either love it or don't know what it is

so by definition your argument is flawed as a special car to you maybe not that special to someones else
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you find me a corrado driver right now, that hasn't a clue about the car.

then go out and find 20 people with the same car as you, i bet more of them won't know about the car, but all their family say its really nice/special. But the same people wouldn't blink at the exact same car coming in the opposite direction, even if its a model up.

maybe its the way i've been bought up
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet the 1st owner of this in 1996 thought it was "special"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-AUDI-A4-1-8T-SPORT-SILVER-/300476229923?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45f5c76923

now 15yrs later its about as exciting as a brickwall
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

then go out and find 20 people with the same car as you, i bet more of them won't know about the car, but all their family say its really nice/special. But the same people wouldn't blink at the exact same car coming in the opposite direction, even if its a model up.

that wasnt the arguement

You said that new cars are described as nice but arent that special

The you said that you think the rad is sepcial but others do not - so its down to personal opinion

If I ask 20 people about the VXR they will know about

Your argument is flawed

whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-AUDI-A4-1-8T-SPORT-SILVER-/300476229923?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45f5c76923

exactly - what are defining as special

It could have been his first brand new car, or first Audi or what ever

I didnt think the rad was special then and it isnt now iMO - that my opinion

But cos you think its special doesn;t mean other cars arent special and that new car people cannot have opinion how wquick cars are or how they drive or even if they are nice

Nice and special are not the same thing but your stating is it
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

that wasnt the arguement

You said that new cars are described as nice but arent that special

The you said that you think the rad is sepcial but others do not - so its down to personal opinion

If I ask 20 people about the VXR they will know about

Your argument is flawed

i like the VXR tbh, best corsa yet, 1st petrol with a turbo corsa, tested on the nurburgring. I've not seen many on the road.
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so again what is your argument - If i ask 20 people who own a VXr they will know about it and see one on the road

but they are not a special car just a hatch with a 1.6 turbo engine
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way you feel about old cars is how I feel about new cars though Jim.

Like with what I have now. I remember thinking I like the look of them so that caught my attention initially so next step was to have a drive in one and loved it. Looked round at similar cars - nothing took my fancy. Then I spent the next year or so telling myself I must have one before I decided to go out and buy one

It might be sad and its not a rare car but it makes me happy. I want to find something that I'm going to decide I must own like I did with my car now

I'm a car enthusiast, just in a different way to you.
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But cos you think its special doesn;t mean other cars arent special and that new car people cannot have opinion how wquick cars are or how they drive or even if they are nice

what is special about a mass produced saloon car with that engine?

was the VR6 engine not genius at the time? why shove in a 4-pot turbo when they can development a compact narrow angle v6.

Vr6 has a part in history and i think car fans all over will agree, if not your just being awkward
Colin

4th Oct 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my cars special

I thought the M3 was also, one of 50 in that colour.

& the impreza....one of 200 in pepermint green

I like stuff like that....individuality. I also like painless driving & the security that newness & a manufacturers warranty brings to the table.

Old cars are ace also, i'll never forget the fun I had pootling about with my Mk2 GTi's!!
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I think my cars special

I thought the M3 was also, one of 50 in that colour.

& the impreza....one of 200 in pepermint green

I like stuff like that....individuality. I also like painless driving & the security that newness & a manufacturers warranty brings to the table.

Old cars are ace also, i'll never forget the fun I had pootling about with my Mk2 GTi's!!

yep
yep
yep

3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Whatttt

so your saying if osmeone gets new car thats nice to drive they cant post about it being nippy ofr good to drive

instead they need to have a shitter with all original parts replaced

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=224861

real life situation that

I can handle the truth, its the people who can't that annoy me
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread has been a great help with my post count
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be more impressed if I bought a 1.6 Fiesta but it was a 3 door?
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Would you be more impressed if I bought a 1.6 Fiesta but it was a 3 door?

only if you took it apart and put it back together again
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if I told you I had to remove the rear lights on my car to change the brake light bulb? Would that make you happy? Because I have had to do that.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by mwg]
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see i've totally underestimated you Matt
Ben G

4th Oct 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put a new front wing on my puma yesterday. does that make me an enthusiast?

it had a tiny dent in the old one but it annoyed me so i changed it for a dentless one
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

what is special about a mass produced saloon car with that engine?

was the VR6 engine not genius at the time? why shove in a 4-pot turbo when they can development a compact narrow angle v6.

Vr6 has a part in history and i think car fans all over will agree, if not your just being awkward

but your still not seeing it nice and special are the same thing

Theer are number of cars over the years that have had milestone technical advancements but are not classed as special

You keep moving the goal posts

You say a new car cant be nice as you think nice is special

then you say its needs to old and rebuilt for it to be special

then you say its needs to be technical advance for its time to be special

Just admit peopl ehave different drivers

People prefer to have a new car with warrntly etc that looks nice and drives nice whereas other folk out 4k and throw another 6k at it to make it what they want

IMO both are not wrong but in the current climate some decsions are more stupidier than others
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i put a new front wing on my puma yesterday. does that make me an enthusiast?

did you enjoy doing it or was it a chore you would of rather not done?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year 22 database queries in 0.0151918 seconds