corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points
Nath

User status: Offline
13th Oct 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means Liverpool will now somehow rise from the ashes and win the CL at Wembley in May.
Ojc

13th Oct 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CadiacArrest League?
Whittie

13th Oct 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?!?!?!

That we're getting new owners.
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that G&H will lose ALOT of money.
Whittie

13th Oct 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
And that G&H will lose ALOT of money.

Shame
Marc

13th Oct 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No winding up order then
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do like the way that Martin Broughton has gone from being a 'Chelsea twat' to some kind of hero figure now. Fickle or what?!
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fickle or what
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or what?
Rick Draper

13th Oct 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I do like the way that Martin Broughton has gone from being a 'Chelsea twat' to some kind of hero figure now. Fickle or what?!

Yep they all moaned about him selling the club and how he would probably shaft them and sell them down the river.
Tom

13th Oct 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's done a good job, might be 'fickle' but you'd be dubious if you'd had fingers burnt before. Fair play to him and Purslow, got the result we all needed, onwards and upwards. I'm fulllllllllllllly made up!
Conway563

13th Oct 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which of the 2 offers there appear to have been would you prefer Tom?
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563

There's a poll on the Sky Sports website and it was 50.1% for one bid 49.9% for the other bid
Tom

13th Oct 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

NESV, it's the one the board decided was best, and to me it feels like the most stable. This asian fella sounds like another loose cannon, and to be honest I didn't appreciate the way he tried to gatecrash the party at the 11th hour. NESV have a track record, we won't be a play thing to them and they will free us of the massive debt repayment and try and run us as a business, that's all I want.
JonnyJ

13th Oct 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

NESV, it's the one the board decided was best, and to me it feels like the most stable. This asian fella sounds like another loose cannon, and to be honest I didn't appreciate the way he tried to gatecrash the party at the 11th hour. NESV have a track record, we won't be a play thing to them and they will free us of the massive debt repayment and try and run us as a business, that's all I want.

Do you think Liverpool can be a top four team running as a regular business with normal revenue streams?

Its just i dont. Its unfortunate as how you want it to be run is how every team should be run but right now, its not the way to succeed in the Premier League.
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Do you think Liverpool can be a top four team running as a regular business with normal revenue streams?

Its just i dont. Its unfortunate as how you want it to be run is how every team should be run but right now, its not the way to succeed in the Premier League.

Have to agree. Doesn't seem like any of the top teams are anywhere near being self sufficient.
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except L'Arse come to think of it. But then they don't compete for honours anyway.
Tom

13th Oct 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Depends on so many factors. We need some investment in the team, and some investment in a stadium (or anfield) that is clear . We have a decent academy, look at how arsenal operate and that's how I want us to function. I don't think we need a stadium (or as much corporate seating or boxes as them) like there's necessarily but i'd like us to operate as a business and I think we can.

In saying all of that, there's going to be a much better atmosphere round liverpool so I expect things to pick up pretty quickly anyway, if you could understand the cloud we've been under for the last few years you'd know how much everyone needed this to happen. We'll have more and better investment in the club now those two cancers have left the bulding, that's for sure. I don't think getting back into the top four will be as difficult as some people believe it to be.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by Tom]
Eck
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll be bought oot, buy back Alonso and beat Madrid in the CL final next season after they get fourth this season.
JonnyJ

13th Oct 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Depends on so many factors. We need some investment in the team, and some investment in a stadium (or anfield) that is clear . We have a decent academy, look at how arsenal operate and that's how I want us to function. I don't think we need a stadium (or as much corporate seating or boxes as them) like there's necessarily but i'd like us to operate as a business and I think we can.

In saying all of that, there's going to be a much better atmosphere round liverpool so I expect things to pick up pretty quickly anyway, if you could understand the cloud we've been under for the last few years you'd know how much everyone needed this to happen. We'll have more and better investment in the club now those two cancers have left the bulding, that's for sure. I don't think getting back into the top four will be as difficult as some people believe it to be.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by Tom]

See i think it will for the following reasons.

Man Utd and Chelsea are certainties in the top 4, Arsenal should be too. That leaves one spot of which is currently looking like going to Man City this season. If they get it, they get that stigma of play CL football, which means better players will join them and lets face it they can afford whoever they want.

Once that happen the top 4 becomes a virtual lock out, with Man C, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, all getting stronger each year whilst Liverpool end up in the Europa League, and without Torres (deffo) Gerrard, Reina, Kuyt (maybe), not to mention that the quality players you need to overtake the top 4 just wont come, history doesn't seem to count for anything these days, players are mercenaries and will just play for the team playing the top football.

So IMO it looks like a massive challenge, which is why i said this season is your most important, as you needed to get 4th to keep Man City out of it, but thats all gone to shit already.
mwg

13th Oct 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs to overcome too. They have a good squad nowadays, strength in depth etc.
JonnyJ

13th Oct 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a feeling they will miss out this season, which means they wont be signing the likes of van der vaart next year but the one thing they always seem to have is money to spend so that always helps.
Ben D

13th Oct 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is still the Liverpool epic fail thread right?

Hicks has got a temporary court order postponing the sale of liverpool until a court hearing on 25th of october from a Texas court according to this reading through it he's suing RBS for over £1bn, Is that not state owned

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6443655,00.html

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by Ben D]
Conway563

14th Oct 10 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That court can't stop the sale going through. It now just depends if RBS wants to listen to it in order to avoid any potential damage to its US reputation
Nath

14th Oct 10 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a mess.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points 23 database queries in 0.0128798 seconds