corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa bad handling

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa bad handling
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Nov 10 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the 106 is a bit more focussed however they should be very similar handling, maybe the rear beam was fucked on your saxo? common problem

or some other mechanical problem, bushes, rack, could be anything, definately points to something wrong though if difference was night and day

[Edited on 20-11-2010 by Steve]
gez bay

20th Nov 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my front arb off my corsa, just to see what all the hype was about, and i found the car terrible to drive without one. Was much better with it on.
alan-g-w

20th Nov 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Buy something that handles decent in the 1st place would be my advise.

If it was as easy as that everyone would be scooting about in F430s. But it just so happens not everyone can afford the car they want so it's a case of make do with what you've got

Why an F430??

Plenty cars in the Corsa price bracket that would handle better than a Corsa.

106/Saxo/Corrado VR6 to name a few.

Was just an example. I didn't want a 106 or Saxo because I wanted better straight line speed and a VR6 would kill me in petrol, so maybe what I should have said is that it comes down to compromising.

[Edited on 20-11-2010 by alan-g-w]
Kev S

20th Nov 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to intrude on the thread but I could also do with my corsa handling beter but im unsure which step to take next. Its going to be set up for just b roads and some light offroad use but im unsure as to what suspension etc to go for. car already has polybushes, cav rarb and thinner front arb, only lowered the back 30mm i think it is and standard on the front apart from them cheap black bilsteins. would the suspension make hell of a difference? and what suspension would be best like beter bilsteins or coilovers? car is currently running on 185 60 14's and has full cage and pretty thick sumpguard if that makes alot of difference as to the poundage springs to go for as the fronts goinge to be abit heavier than the standard 1.6 thanks for any help :-)
Steve
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kev S
set up for just b roads

what setup do you need to navigate b roads

if i was you id invest in some decent quality shocks and -40mm springs to suit

Ojc

User status: Online
20th Nov 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilstein B8 shocks with Eibach springs has been the optimum setup for the Corsa since time began.
Kev S

20th Nov 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Kev S
set up for just b roads

what setup do you need to navigate b roads

if i was you id invest in some decent quality shocks and -40mm springs to suit

oh sorry for road rallies. not just everyday driving. dont really want to lower the car anymore as the sumpguard is already sitting pretty low because of the manifold and I'm going to need as much clearance as i can get.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right cool didnt realise you took part in tarmac rally stage events. Got any pics?
Kurt

20th Nov 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had bisltein b10's a whiteline rear arb and no front arb and it was so much better to drive than with the front in place, I also had gsd3's all round on speedlines.

If everyone is using pikey tyres then it's not going to handle

Kev S

20th Nov 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh right cool didnt realise you took part in tarmac rally stage events. Got any pics?

not stage events as such. think they call them treasure hunts for insurance purposes but its just to start off with to see how i like it before forking out big bucks for a stage car. ye iv got a couple of pics just gotta work out how to upload them onto here
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
ur spinning on roundabouts could be brake bias valve as you are down -80mm which will cause massive problems with the back brakes, 20xe on g-max = shit lol seriously

lets put it this way my c20xe corsa with 3-strut braces, polybushes, whiteline arb's and bilstein suspension i have not trouble keeping up with some of my friends better handling cars i.e civic type r, ibiza cupra and astyra gsi to name a few.... i also own an astra mk4 gsi and my corsa runs rings around it in the handling departement so would say yes u have problems

ive found adding good quality suspension and tyres is the key and i dont mean fk coilovers lol i mean bilstein etc and some good rubber............. i actualling think ive tamed my xe engine alot since adding qualuity parts on the handling side

[Edited on 19-11-2010 by corsa120]

only the ctr handles well out of the cars you named lmao

and..

why any one fits an uprated front arb on a fwd car is beyond me. it even states on the whiteline website that fwd cars should only use uprated rear arbs
corsa120

20th Nov 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a type error john only have rear arb front is standard, and as for the handling yes ur right ctr is the bet out of thm all but dont change the fact that things like the astra have traction control etc etc driving aids and is 4 years newer than my c20xe corsa....... and not to mention i stick with my mates ctr no worries anyways

ur missing the point i was'nt stating the cars ive mentioned that they handle im simply saying to name a few which did should be better than a so called 2.0 corsa fact is they ent if its setup quite well which i think mine is it for one is not twitchy or unstable even braking heavy from high speeds...... fact is people just bolt suspension on and expect it to work...

but let me guess he cant drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no im not saying my corsa is as good or as rewarding to drive im simply saying i have no trouble keeping with him on a good 3-4-5 gear a-road

[Edited on 20-11-2010 by corsa120]

alan-g-w

20th Nov 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to remember, just because you can keep up with a car on twisty roads doesn't mean the corsa can handle better. I was having a wee play with an R26 in the XE one day and he couldn't get away from me - I know that his car handles better, it's just down to the fact that the person in front has to go round the blind corners first and use more caution.

sand-eel

20th Nov 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i know the 106 is a bit more focussed

Its got nothing to do with a ford focus?
alan-g-w

20th Nov 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i wasnt saying your corsa doesnt handle... i drive like a puff anyway so you would probably beat me
corsa120

20th Nov 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again another person who dont read what you write, i never said the CORSA handled better im SIMPLY saying i keep with my mates ctr no issues whatsoever......... and yes you are correct person in front does have cautions etc but im talkin about friends on roads which we all know and i will also say when im in front i cant shake them off either but at the end of the day who cares........

fact is people talk like a ctr should leave a xe corsa in its wake like the ctr is some sort of rocket ship on a b-road along with just about every other available car to buy and the corsa is like fred flintstones foot operated vehicle and it simply is'nt the case the whole handling thing on this website with people is a complete joke........

fact is an xe corsa keeps up with a ctr if running half decent gear, but fact is ctr will feel better to drive i.e more composed with more feedback etc etc etc etc etc but THIS DONT CHANGE THE FACT THE CORSA KEEPS UP DOES IT

I DONT WANT TO BEAT YOU im simply saying i dont care if a corsa is a quick as a civic for example if i wanted a civic i would buy one but i dont, i enjoy trying to tame my car its more fun in my opinion

alan-g-w

20th Nov 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chill bruv.
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol no one even said anything along those lines.... stop spouting shite. Yes fair play you can keep up with your mate in his ctr, well done, blue peter badge.

still doesnt change the fact that corsas are NOT regarded as a well handling car. The fact you compared your heavily modified and set up car to keeping up with a ctr states that you indeed do feel they are a b-road rocket ship...

CORSAS ARE NOT A WELL HANDLING STANDARD CAR - FACT

you have made extensive mods to "keep up" with a civic
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Got to remember, just because you can keep up with a car on twisty roads doesn't mean the corsa can handle better. I was having a wee play with an R26 in the XE one day and he couldn't get away from me - I know that his car handles better, it's just down to the fact that the person in front has to go round the blind corners first and use more caution.

Dale was about to overtake a stage 2 R26 around Castle Combe in Monty before he was black flag, so they can't be that bad. Like lots people have said stick budget suspension on and it ain't gonna turn your Corsa into a Lotus.
SportBoy

20th Nov 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i abit of a race with a gt40 at mallory park
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
i abit of a race with a gt40 at mallory park

alan-g-w

20th Nov 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a Lotus but I'd agree with the people that are saying you can make them handle at least.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internet is in full swing in here
sri boy

20th Nov 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Linch
Problem = the xe

truth right there.
Mine handles great and it has heavier gearbox. Internet rumours are wrong.

would change ure gmax springs and shocks and get a decent set of coilovers and heavy duty springs and get the suspension set up all my corsas with xe's or lets have been set up and havnt had issues with handling

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa bad handling 22 database queries in 0.0138838 seconds