corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help?

Poll: car accident, would you stop and help?
  should've stopped
  keep going

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car accident, would you stop and help?
Graham88

User status: Offline
24th Dec 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day it's easy to be sitting infront of a computer saying what we'd do but it's different when you are in the situation and have to react instinctively.
antnee

24th Dec 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by antnee
I wouldn't stop if it was on a country/quiet road. One of my friends had his car nicked by stopping for someone laying in the middle of the road, not moving, so he stops, as he gets out the car, someone else appears from no where, twats him round the head, the 2 guys then jump in his car and drive off

Same thing happend to my mate, had his Ibiza nicked!

Tom?
Robbo_Corsa

24th Dec 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BKR..? Yeah!

Small world!
antnee

24th Dec 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats him!
Mike GSi

24th Dec 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad, brother and brother in-law are in the fire/rescue service so hearing all the awful fatalities they have been to kind of gives me the insentive to help out. My dad once had to hear a woman scream like nothing you could imagine as she was burnt to death, the thing is folk could have stopped and helped to get her out before the car burst into flames. But because there was already someone at the scene they just drove past.

Also imagine if their was a baby/infant trapped in the car

That shit will stay with you for life! Hats off to anyone that has to deal with RTA's on a daily basis, i surely couldnt do it!
bubble

24th Dec 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi
My dad, brother and brother in-law are in the fire/rescue service so hearing all the awful fatalities they have been to kind of gives me the insentive to help out. My dad once had to hear a woman scream like nothing you could imagine as she was burnt to death, the thing is folk could have stopped and helped to get her out before the car burst into flames. But because there was already someone at the scene they just drove past.

Also imagine if their was a baby/infant trapped in the car

That shit will stay with you for life! Hats off to anyone that has to deal with RTA's on a daily basis, i surely couldnt do it!

did you not see my above post??
Mike GSi

24th Dec 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes thank you
bubble

24th Dec 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi
Yes thank you

no my point being that what you says does happen. i meant did you see my post as what happened to me is pretty much what you said.
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would stop

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
djgritt
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have stopped

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Dec 10 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
People about calling the emergency services, what if the driver was ok. Had been blatently flat out and crashed and didnt want the police there incase they tried to do him with dangerous driving or something?
That's his fault for crashing, surely?
Gregor

24th Dec 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could have at least phoned the police. Tell them youre driving between point a and b and they will at least look out for the vehicle.

Driving past is pretty shite tbh. Put yourself in that position.
JordyCarter

24th Dec 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id probably stop, but using common sense can tell you if the situation is dodgey. Id almost certainly stop if i seen a corsa upside down. Id also take my tools ..
Ryan_G1

24th Dec 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
People about calling the emergency services, what if the driver was ok. Had been blatently flat out and crashed and didnt want the police there incase they tried to do him with dangerous driving or something?
That's his fault for crashing, surely?

Yes of course its his fault, but if no one else had been involved and no other damage done apart from his car, then he wouldnt want/need the police there
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a pot head?

You should stop really, I do loads of miles a year and do think I've ever been the first on the scene. The only one dodgy one a saw, was a bloke fall off a bike coming round a corner, but closley followed by the cops
Ash_EP3

24th Dec 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pikeys are setting up scenes just like this to get people to stop and then mug/rob them.... if it was on a main road or somewhere lit up I would stop and ask if I could help otherwise fuck that!

I only say this because I was told that pikeys are leaving prams alone in country lanes hoping that innocent people walking / driving past will stop and enquire to then rob / rape them!
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake when was the last time you heard of a motorist pulling over to help someone and they were raped, its all bullshit scaremongering like the one where if you flash someone without their lights on they follow you and kill you for a gang initiation.

what happened to decent human beings, live in a world of fucking pussies. maybe one day you might be that person who crashes into a field and get your head put through a windscreen and no one stops for you and everyone drives past in the fear of being "raped" or "mugged"
John

24th Dec 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can just imagine the type of mate you tell stories like that
neil h

24th Dec 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
I only say this because I was told that pikeys are leaving prams alone in country lanes hoping that innocent people walking / driving past will stop and enquire to then rob / rape them!

This actually happened once to a friend of a friend, fortunately someone in a car further behind saw the bloke getting in while she was moving the pram and managed to get her too pull over. At which point the guy that was hiding in the back of her car jumped out and legged it.

And i think tbh aslong as theres nothing particularly suspicous about the situation i'd stop and check that everyone was alright, ultimately you cant be sure what cause the person to crash and they may need medical help and whether or not you stop could mean the difference between life and death for someone.
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, ricky down the pub , tells the story about his mate pulled over to check out a crashed car in a field and it had jigsaws doll from saw in it , next thing he knows he is in a barbwire maze with half a pound of semtex up his arse.
neil h

24th Dec 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck i thought i was the only one, the semtex isn't much of an issue anymore though just every so often i let out a hell of a fart.
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Are you a pot head?

You should stop really, I do loads of miles a year and do think I've ever been the first on the scene. The only one dodgy one a saw, was a bloke fall off a bike coming round a corner, but closley followed by the cops

me? no i don't touch drugs, i just always hear the bad stuff in the world and never any good stuff.

there might not even have been any people there.

fuck 'em anyway, their own fault for driving too fast.
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

narrow minded response to be honest
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well, me and the missus are ok so that's all that matters.
neil h

24th Dec 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
fuck 'em anyway, their own fault for driving too fast.

Im sorry but unless you were sat in the car with them you don't know thats what caused it. Could have been the driver had a heart attack or some form of fit which caused them to lose control.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help? 23 database queries in 0.1125159 seconds