corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » controversial

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author controversial
Nath

User status: Offline
10th Jan 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Ok. I have my opinion and you have yours. Thats the beauty of football.

Behave, your the fucking worst
u25low

10th Jan 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow what a mental conversation...

Theo Walcott...

Well, He's not World Class, so what is he..?
Well, Wenger keeps him on the bench a lot as an "impact" player (just like all good players - not) so, he's not really a Arsenal starting player either...

He's not very clever on the ball, making him very wasteful at times, actually VERY often...

He's also prone to injury A LOT, which, if you think about it, would definitely affect your decision to recruit him (Unless you're Wenger, DESPERATE for everyone to say you've brought through "another" promising player; when all he's done is BUY another vaguely promising player)..

So, not World Class, not REALLY Prem Class (If he was, he'd START every game he's fit for - which he doesn't..)
So what is he?

OH YEAH, I forgot, he's "A PROMISING YOUNG TALENT"... I guess he'll win Player of the Year then, in true Arsenal style no doubt - "NEXT" season, when they win all the trophies and stuff...

mwg

10th Jan 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows your howse mate?
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by u25low

Theo Walcott...

Well, Wenger keeps him on the bench a lot as an "impact" player (just like all good players - not) so, he's not really a Arsenal starting player either...

He's not very clever on the ball, making him very wasteful at times, actually VERY often...

He's also prone to injury A LOT, which, if you think about it, would definitely affect your decision to recruit him (Unless you're Wenger, DESPERATE for everyone to say you've brought through "another" promising player; when all he's done is BUY another vaguely promising player)..

So, not World Class, not REALLY Prem Class (If he was, he'd START every game he's fit for - which he doesn't..)
So what is he?

OH YEAH, I forgot, he's "A PROMISING YOUNG TALENT"... I guess he'll win Player of the Year then, in true Arsenal style no doubt - "NEXT" season, when they win all the trophies and stuff...

What he has done is buy a young player from the championship who has been very unlucky with injuries - the main one was a dislocated shoulder which then got infected - thats not likely to return. Then he twisted his ankle playing fr England - just after he created a goal in an away qualifier as I seem to remember.

And yet despite these length spells out he has managed to score and create more goals than several other leading premiership right sided attacking players .... kind of blows your argument that wenger is trying to hide a dud player doesnt it. No one has yet given me many players in the premiership you would start ahead of him in his position

When he is fully fit he has started for arsenal - they now look to him to win them games.

Funny that Wenger and successive england managers seem to think he is good enough for them to have selected him in massive games....I guess you know more than them.

He is not an impact player - he is currently being eased back in after his long spell out. He is as much a frst team player at arsenal as nasri, arshavin, wilshere, rosicky, diaby - they just get rotated lots becuase they have the players to do it. I dont honestly believe premiership managers buy impact players - they buy players because they feel they will fit in the squad they have and add something to it - walcot has played a hell of a lot of games to be called an impact player ...aaron lennon misses just as many games

Hes not ronaldo or messi - and they were better at his age - but they are 2 of the greatest players to ever touch a ball imo. There may well be 20 right attacking players better than him in Europe(note how nobody likes to name any)that still puts him in the top 21 players in his position in europe in your opinion ... thats not too bad still

He is young and still learning at this level - if you saw Bale play for Spurs the first year and a half he was at the club you would have been hard pressed to predict his form of the last 12 months... he couldnt even get a game ahead of ekotto for ages - think it took him almost a year to finish on the winning side for spurs ...players take time...so did ronaldo and henry in england

I dont really think Wenger needs people to say anything about him- hes certainly not desperateHe outperforms bigger clubs , who are spending massive amouts more year in year out and has won everything in the english game(apart from the league cup lol) Wenger is running the club in a responsible way and still has the second or third best team in the country every year - Arsenal are set up for the new regulations coming in - none of the other managers have paid for a stadium with their transfer dealings and youth system.....and he done all that by carrying walcot - a dud signing who keeps winning his side games.

[Edited on 10-01-2011 by Dr Pepper]

u25low

10th Jan 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Hows your howse mate?

Better than your irony detector it would seem...
Jake

10th Jan 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wayne
Russ

10th Jan 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is mental.
Kightly is twice the player Theo is.
u25low

10th Jan 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

Theo Walcott...

So what is he?

What he has done is buy a young player from the championship who has been very unlucky with injuries - the main one was a dislocated shoulder which then got infected - thats not likely to return. Then he twisted his ankle playing fr England - just after he created a goal in an away qualifier as I seem to remember.

And yet despite these length spells out he has managed to score and create more goals than several other leading premiership right sided attacking players .... kind of blows your argument that wenger is trying to hide a dud player doesnt it. No one has yet given me many players in the premiership you would start ahead of him in his position

When he is fully fit he has started for arsenal - they now look to him to win them games.

Funny that Wenger and successive england managers seem to think he is good enough for them to have selected him in massive games....I guess you know more than them.

He is not an impact player - he is currently being eased back in after his long spell out. He is as much a frst team player at arsenal as nasri, arshavin, wilshere, rosicky, diaby - they just get rotated lots becuase they have the players to do it.

Hes not ronaldo or messi - and they were better at his age - but they are 2 of the greatest players to ever touch a ball imo. There may well be 20 right attacking players better than him in Europe(note how nobody likes to name any)that still puts him in the top 21 players in his position in europe in your opinion ... thats not too bad still

I dont really think Wenger needs people to say anything about him- hes certainly not desperateHe outperforms bigger clubs , who are spending massive amouts more year in year out and has won everything in the english game(apart from the league cup lol) Wenger is running the club in a responsible way and still has the second or third best team in the country every year - Arsenal are set up for the new regulations coming in - none of the other managers have paid for a stadium with their transfer dealings and youth system.....and he done all that by carrying walcot - a dud signing who keeps winning his side games.

Are you allowed to drive in spectacles as rose tinted as that?
Russ

10th Jan 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Wenger
mwg

10th Jan 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont believe a word he says any more after the whole we are going to win the World Cup without even breaking a sweat thread.
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

nice one - you win the argument....what a great point - you have really added to the thread

Which part of the post do you actually think is wrong?

Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I dont believe a word he says any more after the whole we are going to win the World Cup without even breaking a sweat thread.

I didnt know we wouldnt take walcot when I said that And was mainly just trying to piss the bitter scots off. At least he wouldnt have hid up his own arse like lennon did. We had a chance of getting to the final of that world cup - Holland are not much better than us ... should have won our group and we had a great chance then with the draw.

Spain are different class to us - but I dont think they would have wanted to play us in a world cup knock out game ..... especially if walcot, rooney, lampard, cole ect had of been fit prior to the tornament and in any sort of form. Ferdinand would have helped to

Capello fcked us - should have started walcot and joe hart - we would have pissed our group if he did

Russ

10th Jan 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi isn't world class. Good enough for La Liga and Champions League
u25low

10th Jan 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

nice one - you win the argument....what a great point - you have really added to the thread

Which part of the post do you actually think is wrong?

Obviously my point was too subtle... So here it is:

Virtually everyone on here disagrees with the mental ramblings that Theo is a world beater or anything other than a hyped up disappointment...

The problem is, you're willing to argue ANYTHING... Theo's not injury prone - he's unlucky.. Ha! (Just like every player that's ever been injured then!?!) Theo's not left on the bench he starts regularly - no he doesn't, he starts on the bench most of the time and they bring him on in the second half..

And then you try and stat out of it... Well how many games has Walcot missed? How many shots has he blazed into row ZZ? How many goal kicks and throw-ins has he given away trying to make stupid runs? You can prove virtually ANYTHING with stats - and all credit to you, you do a good job trying...

But the fact is, if Walcott was HALF the player you THINK he is, he'd be TWICE the player he actually is...
Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper, how is 7th Sept (injury occured) to being back on the bench on 16th Oct a long lay off?

He's easing him in nearly 3 months later? Get real.
Russ

10th Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theo doesnt start, arsenal play 4-3-3

shit keeper
good frenchman - shit frenchman - good belgian - shit frenchman
--------song
cesc-----------jack w
nasri - rvp/return of the mac - heals like dog andre
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
theo doesnt start, arsenal play 4-3-3

shit keeper
good frenchman - shit frenchman - good belgian - shit frenchman
--------song
cesc-----------jack w
nasri - rvp/return of the mac - heals like dog andre

they dont play the same formation every week anymore

Arshavin has been dropped recently and nasri has been played in the middle while fabregas has played deeper next to song with walcot and van persie as left and right forwards.

Or they have played with nasri on the right, rosicky/arshavin on the left and wilshere/fab song in the middle with chamakh up front.

When everyone has been fit Wengers first choice seems to be walcot right, nasri left, wilshere pushed up in the middle with song and fab deep in the middle with van rapist up front. Fabregas then just runs into the gaps from deeper

Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have misread but does Dr Wenger think Theo has created loads of assists?

He's created 2 assists in the PL this season. Chamakh who is a striker has created 4 assists.

Theo 2 assists and 5 goals, Nani 11 assists and 6 goals. Hmm
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I have misread but does Dr Wenger think Theo has created loads of assists?

He's created 2 assists in the PL this season. Chamakh who is a striker has created 4 assists.

Theo 2 assists and 5 goals, Nani 11 assists and 6 goals. Hmm

league minutes played this year -

Nani - 1351
Walcot - 577

Now im not saying he is better than Nani because I dont belive he is....but walcot has played almost 800 minutes less and he has scored one goal less, and 9 assists.

Nani is man u's best chance of creating a goal - it all goes through him. Walcot has 4 other creative players around him so he isnt as likely to get as many assists...and he isnt as good as nani

He isnt doing too bad against Nani this year or in his career in terms of stats....against other players in his position in this country he is outperforming them.
Nath

10th Jan 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 of Walcotts goals came in August in one game.

[Edited on 10-01-2011 by Nath]
Hammer

10th Jan 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Spain are different class to us - but I dont think they would have wanted to play us in a world cup knock out game ..... especially if walcot, rooney, lampard, cole ect had of been fit prior to the tornament and in any sort of form. Ferdinand would have helped to

Fucking LOL
Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Walcott has played roughly 6 games this season? Granted he missed 3/4 due to injury but out of 21 games he's played about half?
u25low

10th Jan 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiAeYrE_gZQ
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No where on here have I said the guy is a finished article - I have also said loads of times that his future is dependant on him staying injury free.

But I dont see how you can knock my points so much. He can do things, and has done things that win arsenal and england games, and he is right at the start of his career still.

He has good players around him at arsenal - and they are looking to him to unlock teams when no one else out there can - he has done this - that is not something many players of his age have done at a top four club.

Would chelsea give walcot games ahead of mikel or anelka on the right wing. Would Liverpool play him ahead of babel, maxi, riera, pennent, ect ect I think he would get plenty of games at those clubs.

Would man city play him ... they have silva and johnson who I wouldnt personally say walcot is ahead of at the moment so I would say no.

Man U have nani, valencia and fletcher so I dont see him getting many games there.
Tottenham would have him to rotate with lennon

Imo then every other team in the league would love to have him. Maybe not Everton - depends how good you think coleman is - I think hes pretty outstanding - but the option for them after than is anichebe so I think he would get plenty of games.

I think you could go around europe and say the same thing - he would get games at every club apart from the top two or three spenders who have better options .... even then im sure they would love to have him in their squads as an option.

Im not saying he is currently a world beater - I just think he is an exceptional talent that you cant write off before he has even started ... he has done enough so far to suggest he is going to be a very important player for arsenal if he can stay fit... Much of my opinion is formed from seeing him live - he blew me away so I am not going to agree with you if you think he is shit or even average compared to other players in his position.

Tommy L

10th Jan 11 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm never going to agree with you on this one and i know i'm not going to change your opinion on him which is fine.

Theo is not technically great but is so quick and the runs he makes causes massive problems. I'd have him up front waiting to latch on to a loose ball. There is no denying he causes massive problems for defenders which is down to his pace. Imo he just doesn't cut it out wide.

You need to cut down on some of the crap you are writing. How can you compare Theo and Mikel? Two completely different players.

The worst thing that happened to Theo was going to the WC in 2006 when only 16/17. He was shoved into the spotlight and massive pressure was put on him for the most important part of his career. If he hadn't gone we could be looking at a different player.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » controversial 23 database queries in 0.0184281 seconds