corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Really undecieded

Poll: Really undecieded
  D90's
  Slabs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Really undecieded
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Feb 11 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing is if I was to go 8j I think it would ruin then style of the car. where as if I went 7j with 55 offset or 53 it would be too bad with 15mm adaptors. Or could you get lower than 15mm adaptors?
SeanXE

21st Feb 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Only thing is if I was to go 8j I think it would ruin then style of the car. where as if I went 7j with 55 offset or 53 it would be too bad with 15mm adaptors. Or could you get lower than 15mm adaptors?

6j sounds good to me dude. Oh wait
Jake

21st Feb 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ive got 14mm adaptors on mine but theyre no bigger than the face of the hub(different car). i think 15mm is about as thin as youd want to have them. i think 8j would look sweet on your car but im biased because i always think abit of poke on a corsa looks good
Jabba

21st Feb 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some 8j banded steels

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by Jabba dee]
SportBoy

21st Feb 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were 8j rear and 6j front, i had 25m adaptors as that were the thinnest you could get at the time which were safe. wheels were 52mm offset and the rears i had 2mm more machined off the back to make them 54 offset. had some slight trimming of plastic arches and slight bashing of the metal part so they didnt rub aswell as shockers turned up quite stiff. only rubbed on mega craters.
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks sportboy I see as yours stuck out a fair bit on the rear of yours and if it not that much trouble with rubbing and what not. And it can obviously take the power of a let so I should be ok? Machined off a bit where would do that. Wheel refurb place? That's if needs be.

So even if I was to go 8j wouldn't be too harsh, with 15mm adaptors.

Only problem I'm seeing is the law side of things. Is it the tyre out the arch or rim that they don't like?
Jake

21st Feb 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tread sticking out of the arch is what they dont like. you have to do some working out because if you have 15mil adaptors on an 8j rim it might rub against the shock
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok so I should be fine then. I see what you mean. Il see what redtoms mate can do for me.
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been told by a friend of mine that does a few bits for me that the stretch on the 8j with 195/40/16 tyres is a no go with police he got 3 points a wheel. He had them on his astra van and had to down size to 7j. So gonna look for some 7j because I don't want trouble with the 5 0 lol
jimmy 2.1

21st Feb 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scare mongering tbh. Stretched tyres is a grey area. Been loads of threads on Ed38 about it. Have a search and its pages of no one really knowing what is the law. I ran 9j's with 195/45's on my van and the Police never said owt when they pulled me. Just advised me to get wider arches
redtom

21st Feb 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just been told by a friend of mine that does a few bits for me that the stretch on the 8j with 195/40/16 tyres is a no go with police he got 3 points a wheel. He had them on his astra van and had to down size to 7j. So gonna look for some 7j because I don't want trouble with the 5 0 lol

thats bullturd who said that? lol

you will have to have some serious poke to get police attention
Kieran
Premium Member

21st Feb 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I thought streached was fine to a extent. But they said it's dangerous even like the way he had his because the tyre could roll into wheel. :s don't no how true it is but he is in the know. Also his astra he drilled his hubs out instead of spacers :s might be bull but not sure lol
SeanXE

22nd Feb 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
Defo the d90s the slabs are dated as others have said

Can't see how people are saying this? D90s are just as dated as slabs

Not exactly a new porsche is it?

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by SeanXE]
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sexy as fuck porsche tho, only one I'd ever own lol
aron

22nd Feb 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stretched tyres are legal and safe, i've run stretch for years and never had any problems, as said above, the illegal bit is having the tread outside of the arches

it's down to personal preference at the end of the day, if you want/need to run spacers/stretch then go for it.

i can't believe there is even an argument of slabs vs d90's
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so now because I'm going to pick some up tommoorw now. 8j 52.3 rear 7j 55 front. just need to work spacing, tyres and ride hight now lol
Jenko_Sport

22nd Feb 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron

I can

Only a few on here that think to the edge of the box never mind outside it.

D90's have been done on quite a few, there is so many other wheels which would look just as nice if not nicer in the price bracket on d90's with adapters.

Just my opinion though
aron

22nd Feb 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
quote:

I can

D90's have been done on quite a few, there is so many other wheels which would look just as nice if not nicer in the price bracket on d90's with adapters.

Just my opinion though

i agree that d90's aren't the best wheels ever, but compared to cav slabs (which is why this topic was posted), i can't see how anyone could say that it d90's aren't the nicer of the two.
McWillster

22nd Feb 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there never any issues with the bead of the tyre not holding when stretching tyres?
SportBoy

22nd Feb 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had any probs with mine , many top speed runs and being silly on corners at silly speeds. was allways more worried about the spacers breaking than anything else.
aron

22nd Feb 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by McWillster
Are there never any issues with the bead of the tyre not holding when stretching tyres?

not that i've ever heard, no.

it all depends on the amount of stretch obviously, if the tyres bead and hold air as they should, there's nothing to worry about. (you obviously have to keep an eye on tyre pressures from time to time but thats the same with any tyres)
SeanXE

22nd Feb 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
quote:

I can

Just my opinion though

i agree that d90's aren't the best wheels ever, but compared to cav slabs (which is why this topic was posted), i can't see how anyone could say that it d90's aren't the nicer of the two.

Someones personal opinion? I love slabs and hate D90s, I'm not into the euro scene
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what's the best tyres to go for. I'm currently running t1rs and the great but if they don't stretch it's a no go lol
Jenko_Sport

22nd Feb 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bridgestone potenza's stretch well if you've money to blow, other end of the scale nankang ns-II's stretch well.
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool il get a price on them now, defo get 195/40/16 yea not 195/45/16?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Really undecieded 22 database queries in 0.2828498 seconds